View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase1 View Post
Her news proposal:
270:133 Braun Bay. No person shall form or allow the boat which he or she is operating or in charge of to be a member of a raft consisting of 3 or more boats in Braun Bay at any time when there are already 3 rafts consisting of 3 or more boats in Braun Bay. In this section, “raft” shall have the same meaning as in RSA 270:42, IV. Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of a violation.

Based on the current sign at Braun Bay we are already restricted from any rafts consisting of more than 2 boats, so a raft of 3 or more boats is currently restricted. If her bill passes as is can we have up 3 rafts consisting of 3 or more boats in Braun Bay......

Chase1
I got clarification from the NHMP today. Although there are many "bays" by common name on the lake, none of them have an official delineation mark as to where they begin and end. Her bill, if it were to pass, would be 100% unenforceable.

I can also tell you that NHMP stated that they do not support the bill as written and they were never consulted on the language in which it was drafted.

However, during my discussion with Ms Patten that her bill would be ineffective, she indicated her goal is to reduce the number of boats in the bay and she would amend the bill if necessary.

I actually almost didn't want to bring this up as if a legislator is too lazy/dumb as to draft an ineffective bill, it deserves to get killed in a committee and let them chew on it for another year.

If you are sitting on the sidelines, you better start writing and calling your legislator before you're impacted. It takes 5 minutes of your time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post: