View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #11
wifi

Default Power/Ego

A few years ago, I had a town sticker and brought my trash down. As all of you remember Clarence from maybe 40 years ago, it was a pleasant experience (hence the "Mt Clarence" sign), well this (bad) day (post Clarence = the new administration), I threw my trash back down the chute and it make a clunk. The attendant then demanded I retrieve the bag. So, to be faithful to the rules, climbed into crushing machine and pulled my bag back....sure enough, it was a bunch of rotten potatoes I was throwing out... perfectly legal. (Where is 'prove yourself innocent' in the Constitution?)

Next stop was the bottle place. One of my jars was rejected for 'food in the bottle'. Ahhh... yes, very true, it was a mayonnaise jar and I had not washed it.... there was a thin film (if you held it up to the light). Ok, I will take it home and wash it. Then I made the fatal mistake of putting green glass in the brown glass pile... I got yelled at, then I observed them breaking all the different colors into the same pile.... Pure do it as I tell you....not what makes sense.

So, now I use Waste Management, pay thru the nose, but there is no hassle. They even call if my output isn't at the curb in time. I pay them, but then again I pay the town (thru my elevated taxes....), why can't we have reasonability in town government? Object? I was told my sticker would be revoked, you can have it baby....
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote