View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #43
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

From WCVB - Channel 5 - Boston - thebostonchannel.com

Quote:
An 18-year-old man was ordered held on bail Monday after a crash that seriously injured a Boston College student this weekend.

Benjamin Knott, 18, of Weston, was arraigned Monday on charges of causing serious injury while operating under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident causing personal injury, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office.

Beth Pfalzgraf, 21, was walking on St. Thomas More Road when she was hit by the car just before 1 a.m. Sunday, said a Massachusetts State Police spokesman.

Police said Knott drove away after the crash, but campus police were able to locate his vehicle in a nearby parking lot a short time later.

Prosecutors said Knott could hardly walk when a Breathalyzer showed his blood alcohol level at .18 and .20 -- twice the legal driving limit.

"He had red, glassy eyes, slurred speech and (police) could smell alcohol," the prosecutor told the court.

Knott was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail.

Knott was also involved in an incident on Lake Sunapee on Aug. 6, New Hampshire Marine Patrol said. Officials said Knott was driving a power boat towing a water skier when he slammed into a kayak. The kayaker was able to jump out of the boat before the crash, officials said.

"I don't know anything about that. I can't tell you anything about that. I can tell you he has no record," defense attorney Thomas Drechsler said.

Knott was arrested on Aug. 31 and charged with careless and negligent operation of a powerboat. He will go to trial on Dec. 18 at Newport District Court. Marine Patrol said alcohol was not involved in the incident, and that Knott helped rescue the kayaker.

Knott was free on $2,000 bail on the New Hampshire charges.
emphasis added

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote