View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 07:38 AM   #14
rickstr66

Tyler, Im not going to go look for all this information just to satisfy you. I know they are the facts. I have read them before. I have no reason to lie and make them up. If you think about it..... its really common sense. Think about it. How many people die on a given day , nevermind animals. Winni is one of the cleanest and clearest bodies of water in New England. I have been on many more then you in my travels fishing tournaments. They number in the 100s. If in fact water quality is declining (im not doubting it) its because of the people who live on the lake, not bass fisherman, but its still plent clean to support a fishery.
I have fished several lakes in Tenn. The AVERAGE smallie caught down there is 4lbs Many 5.6 and 7's are caught each year. I have seen the water, it does look like coffee.
Yes Largemouth have been in Winni since the early 1900's and smallies since the late 1800's
I read about the study in an Infisherman magazine in the late 90's. It was all the talk of the bass fishing world when it came out. I wouldnt know where to find that study now but it was published and I am reporting the facts. I have no need to lie.
On Natural progression ... are you really going to question the fact that there are lees animals alive today because of cars and trucks(natural progression od society)? How many dead squirrels, skunks, birds and deer do you see along the roads from spring through fall? They would all still be alive if there were no cars and last time I checked, they wernt run over by a bass boat.
Call fish and Game. Trout and salmon dont spawn in our waters, they have to be stocked. the ph of the waters here cant support a spawn, it hasnt in 50 years or more.The fish simply dont spawn. They will attempt to but they will fail. The trout and salmon you catch are hatched in a hatchery and raised to fingerling size and larger then released. Thats common knowledge in the fishing community. You are just showing how much you truly know about fishing and fish stocks if you dont know that. Call fish and Game, request the creel census' for bass on Lake Winni in the last 10 years. Fish and Game report them and THEY say the fishery is fine, in fact they say its flourishing. If your sooooooooooo concerned YOU go look it up. I know these facts.

Last edited by webmaster; 01-05-2005 at 10:50 PM.
rickstr66 is offline   Reply With Quote