View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #29
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Wink Just Yanking Your Chain FLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Large grey squirrels are a big nuisance and there are way too many what with the three large oak trees and their acorns. The squirrels try to invade the fiberglass insulation above the crawl space and set up a nest for the cold months.

Sorry Rattlesnake Gal, but squirrels are very very bad, and can do a lot of damage to a cottage so there's always a loaded Hav-a-heart trap trying to trap one more squirrel with peanut butter..........kerchunk.......whoopsie(!)

It's pretty common for the crows to arrive on the scene....but an eagle was kind of special. What a treat for the eagle....just wish it had wanted to share with its' buddy eagles...
I agree that squirrels are a nuisance. Drowning just seems like it would be painful. On the upside, there isn't a bb, pellet or bullet for the scavengers to eat.

Glad to see you were joking about losing respect for the eagle. They do what come naturally. I sure hope they leave my 16.5 dog alone! He is too big for them, right?

It really is wonderful to see so many eagles around the lake. They may prove to be detrimental to the loon population. (Scroll down to the eagles nest photo.)

This stew looks a bit more appetizing.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote