View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #262
ApS

Cool Question Mop-up Time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
"...can your "system" cause an accident...?"
A fair question regarding my CD warning-signals.

A bright flash of sunlight can cause a migraine "aura". That "aura" can—after a few minutes—temporarily blind those who are afflicted with that particular cousin of epilepsy. (Like myself).

The flash from a CD is much less (and much "briefer") than the sun's flash off a flat windshield, say, of a Formula performance boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
"...'The total number of spectator deaths and injuries is unknown, but at least 29 spectators died and 70 were injured by race cars or flying car parts at U.S. auto racing events alone since 1999, according to according to The Charlotte (N C.) Observer'"...your closed track nonsense is just that..."
On the road courses I frequent, spectators are seldom subjected to flying car parts OR flying cars. Collisions are far "rarer" at road courses than any track near Charlotte. We road-racers have gravel traps, tire walls and "escape roads": ALL the risk is ALL on the driver—which is as it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
"...do you actually use the rev-limiter while racing..."
My rev-limiter has been disabled on my "M-engine" (BMW-Motorsport Division). Concerned about missing a shift (and hitting 9500-RPMs) I relayed that concern to my tuner.

My tuner replied:

Quote:
"M-engines routinely run over 10,500-RPMs".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
"...In the past decade I have seen too many of these small crafts get in trouble along the Gilford shore. Especially when the wind is from the North.
And when the wind is from the South, I get to rescue them! (Though most just wade their boat to a beach, pull their boat up and "wait out the weather").