View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #10
fatlazyless

Voting 5-0, all five selectmen agreed to purchase this new tower truck at a 5:30pm, Monday monthly selectboard meeting in September, 2008.....as I recall, reading in the LaDaSun.

I don't know a whole lot about the mechanics of town purchasing, but $750,000 sure seems like a big ticket item. If it had been voted on, at the March town meeting, at about 11:30pm, by a show of hands, it most likely would have been voted 'Yes.' By voting on it as a yes or no question on the private paper ballot, at the all-day, 7am-7pm March voting polls, a predicted passage is unpredictable.

In the last eight years, Meredith has added: a new, huge community center, a new, huge police station, a new school football field, new baseball, soccer fields & six tennis courts, a new town hall annex, a new huge fire station remodel, and the latest....a new 100' tower truck.

What's next? Meredith does not have an indoor swimming pool or a year-round, indoor ice skating arena! An indoor sports complex with both a pool and an ice arena would be very nice.

And, the Meredith population is about 6000 residents that seems to be over-weighted with age 50+ folks.

So, where's all the money come from to pay for all these very, very, very nice town improvements? Does Meredith have an anonymous 'Warren Buffet' living quietly in Meredith somewhere.....who enjoys signing very, very, very big donation checks?

Oh: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the biggest Meredith town check writer of them all? Is it you, or is it me, or is it that guy over there hiding behind that tree?