View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #28
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
IMHO,I think people are using the "kids being kids" a little to often. As stated before if I had so much as thought of doing things like that I would probably still feel it today. Have kids just not been taught to respect others and their property or do they just not care. As a parent we stress to ours that you earn respect by showing it.
I believe the phrase used today is " They are expressing themselves". I see it quite often when meeting with clients at their homes, kids running around screaming and attacking each other, yelling at the parents while I am trying to sell our companies services and the parents do not seem bothered by this action at all, I am 27 years old so this is not a back in my day thing, but I can tell you that would have never been tolerated in my parents home regardless of who the company was that was visiting, and my parents never once laid a hand on us so that was not the punishment, but respect was given at all times or else and yes I did find that my smart mouth got me into the else category a few times, we had a small farm so the punishment was usally hard labor on a summer day when all my friends went to the lake.

Last edited by jmen24; 08-24-2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: sp
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote