View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 05:07 AM   #6
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Arrow Hitch a 'copter ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrylmbt View Post
Does anyone know of who might give 1 hour tours? didn't seem to have much luck at the Laconia airport.

Thank you
Several years ago a small group of us wanted to take a scenic airplane ride. The seaplane tour which used to be at the Lake charged $60 per person for a 15 minute flight. too much money. So we went to the private part of Laconia Airport and asked if anyone would be interested in flying our group around if we paid for the gas. Sure enough we found a pilot who was happy to get some air time in exchange for gas. We had a great 75 minute flight and it was much less than we would have paid for the seaplane tour. I can't remember if it was his plane or if we also shared the cost of a rental. Either way, our group thought it was a bargain and well worth what we spent.

I don't know how many helicopter pilots are around Laconia Airport but you might consider that. Maybe look around for some private 'copters and ask the owner. Post 9-11 that may not be as easy as it was years ago - just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-int
I'd be happy to take you up for a 1 hour ride on one of my first solo flights when I get my 'copter up and running.
SOLO:
Was that a spelling error? You mean your first few flights where you are flying SO LOW over the terrain. You didn't mean that you otherwise would be flying SO HIGH..... did you? With apologies to Harry Chapin and his song TAXI - "we'd be flying so high when we're stoned"

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote