View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #29
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I used to cruise at 28 to 32 MPH, but this year I have been running 35 to 40 MPH, most of the time, during the day. My fuel flow meter shows the MPG difference as very negligible (about .2 MPG more for the higher speeds) and with 9 years and only a little over 450 hours, slightly faster engine wear is not much of a worry. If the engine does wear out, I'll be rebuilding it with upgrades that allow an even faster cruising speed. My boat has a stepped hull and feels a whole lot more planted, the closer I get to 40 too, so there's some incentive beyond simple rebelliousness.

It's in my nature to do this in response to the newly imposed limitations; I've always been a bit rebellious that way. I actually find myself throttling up when I see MP. Anyone else going faster?
I have been cruising at 35-40mph this year, since gas is so much cheaper than last year

If there are alot of boats around-specifically those MP boats, I obey the 45mph limit all day...if no boats are around and we are in the broads..I drop the hammer often