Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Waldo Peppers (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8967)

baassoc 11-30-2009 04:33 PM

Waldo Peppers

Anyone know whats going on with Waldo Peppers? Drove by yesterday and there was a new sign with a different name. Today the sign is covered up and there is a closed sign in the window.

upthesaukee 11-30-2009 04:58 PM

Waldo Peppers is closed

and the Lakeside, from over by Oriental Gardens on the Weirs Blvd, is taking over the location. They will be open on Dec 2.

baassoc 11-30-2009 05:27 PM

Peppers

That is sad. Is the Lakeside any good?

mcdude 11-30-2009 05:47 PM

The Lakeside is owned/run by the same people who own the Circle Restaurant at the Epsom traffic circle and also a place in Belmont. (?)
Had lunch at the Circle restaurant last Friday. Roast pork dinner for $6.99. Fish and Chips for 5.99 and other reasonably priced items. I thought the food was delicious! Good luck to them.

Lakepilot 11-30-2009 06:17 PM

We eat at the Circle every time we go down to Concord and it's always great. We've eaten once at the Lakeside and it was also great.

upthesaukee 11-30-2009 10:51 PM

the third place is:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 113290)
The Lakeside is owned/run by the same people who own the Circle Restaurant at the Epsom traffic circle and also a place in Belmont. (?)
Had lunch at the Circle restaurant last Friday. Roast pork dinner for $6.99. Fish and Chips for 5.99 and other reasonably priced items. I thought the food was delicious! Good luck to them.

The Eggshell in Loudon, on Rte 106.

EricP 11-30-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baassoc (Post 113287)
That is sad. Is the Lakeside any good?

We've liked the food every time we've eaten there.

Mr. V 12-01-2009 01:48 AM

The implosion and failure of Waldo Peppers underscores just how difficult it is to make a go of it in the restaurant business, most especially in a down economy.

The prior owners were successful because they were there, hands on, they really worked it, had a good product, and they made a concerted effort to provide good cheer and to connect with customers.

Barb's presence on this board didn't hurt.

The new owners seemed to be MIA, and left the day to day operation of the place up to hourly employees, with predictable results.

RIP Waldo Pepper, may you fly to infinity and beyond ...

mets3007 12-01-2009 12:21 PM

Good Food

They will do good there I have been there many times when I go to laconia in the Summer and the food is good each time, I am glad they got out from under the Condos where no one could see them.

DRH 12-01-2009 12:51 PM

Yep, Good Food

We've eaten breakfast & lunch at Lakeside many times and the food there is good. They make a chicken salad sandwich that is outstanding, with good sized chunks of chicken mixed with crushed cranberries and walnuts. They sell it by the container too, if you want to take it home and make your own sandwiches. We haven't eaten dinner there yet, but others who have say it's very good. Prices are reasonable too. They should do well at the former Waldo's location.

baassoc 12-01-2009 03:48 PM

peppers

Its weird, we were just at Peppers last week and there was no indication they were closing. Look forward to trying Lakeside though..

Winnigirl83 12-01-2009 04:50 PM

Hopefully, the new location will be cleaner.

RLW 12-01-2009 05:53 PM

I'm sorry, no matter what or who goes in there, I'm going to miss the heck out of Bruce and Barb even though they haven't been there for awhile.:)

upthesaukee 12-01-2009 11:09 PM

Miss them too.

I did see Barbara the other day and she is doing well and tells me that Bruce is also doing well. And best of all, I got my hello hug and my see you later hug.

As far as the move to the new location was concerned, because Waldo and Pepper were no longer involved, it really didn't feel like the Weirs Beach Waldo Peppers. So, as I go in to the New Lakeside, I will have really good feelings about their new location, and when I drive by the old W. P. building, then I will have the great WP memories, including seeing Barbara and Bruce.

Bottom line, I wish all involved with this the very best. both Lakeside and Waldo Peppers.

baassoc 12-02-2009 05:48 AM

Peppers

Well said! My family and I will miss therm too.

SAMIAM 12-02-2009 06:43 AM

I second that....all nice people. The Cronins have been in business a long time and do a great job in their other restaurants (Egg Shell is a favorite stop when we go through Loudon)

RI Swamp Yankee 12-02-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 113318)
RIP Waldo Pepper, may you fly to infinity and beyond ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLW (Post 113365)
I'm sorry, no matter what or who goes in there, I'm going to miss the heck out of Bruce and Barb even though they haven't been there for awhile.:)

same here.

trfour 12-02-2009 10:02 PM

Two of the very sweetest Restauranteurs that ever Graced the Lakes Region, by far and away!
I miss you!!
As of this writing, I am alive and well here in Dallas/ Fort Worth TX.
God Bless ya'all,
Terry