Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Victorian House in Gilford info (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6494)

pamsy30 07-25-2008 01:25 PM

Victorian House in Gilford info

Once again my husband and I just spent two glorious weeks at the lake (before the horrifying storms thank goodness!) and the visit solidified our want to get out of the hustle/bustle/heat/humidity of Miami, FL and into the beauty of the lake! We were perusing the properties for sale around the lake online and noticed the old Victorian House is for sale in Gilford. Does anyone have any input about the location, the state the house is in, how business was there, we would potentially live in and start a restaurant there as well...hubby is a top notch chef and I've got a lot of front of the house experience. I noticed on another thread it was going to be made into apts. Does anyone know if that took place? any input would be appreciated!

angela4design 07-25-2008 02:59 PM

Many years back...

"The Victorian House" was the name of the restaurant, and very much describes the homey interir. It was opened by a couple, family to the Connelly's across the street (The couples name eludes me). The restaurant was very good cuisine. I recall having Duck a l'Orange that was to die for! He ran the kitchen, while the wife ran the front of the house with a small staff. All the herbs were from the garden outside, as well as all the vegetables they could provide.

I don't know what came of the venture, but I wish it had lasted!

jetskier 07-25-2008 04:09 PM

Long Gone

Quote:

Originally Posted by angela4design (Post 77338)
"The Victorian House" was the name of the restaurant, and very much describes the homey interir. It was opened by a couple, family to the Connelly's across the street (The couples name eludes me). The restaurant was very good cuisine. I recall having Duck a l'Orange that was to die for! He ran the kitchen, while the wife ran the front of the house with a small staff. All the herbs were from the garden outside, as well as all the vegetables they could provide.

I don't know what came of the venture, but I wish it had lasted!

The restaurant closed many years ago. I recall seeing the house listed for sale. At this point, it appears to be residential and likely apartments. It is very run down.

Jetskier:cool:

kayakn 07-25-2008 04:18 PM

We looked at it one year ago. We were very serious and ended up buying a different business. It was in terrible condition. A toilet on the second floor had been disconnected from the plumbing, but it was still "full" and smelled terrible! I am serious! Maybe you could negotiate the price way down. Such a shame. The place has great history and floor plan. It could be a keeper. But, will take lotsa dough to bring it back.

Good Luck...