Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   CJ Avery's closing for good... (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26694)

MeredithMan 01-21-2021 09:58 AM

CJ Avery's closing for good...

....per article in the LaDaSun today, CJ Avery's is closing for good. Apparently they shut down last fall to ride out the Corona storm, but the article states that Mr Avery got a great offer from the developer who is spiffing up that area of Lakeport and will use the land for parking. Mr Avery says it's time to retire.

Always loved their prime rib and they also had a seafood combo of baked stuffed shrimp and baked haddock that was amazing.

Phantom 01-21-2021 10:43 AM

WOW !!

Change of Plans for dinner Friday night.

upthesaukee 01-21-2021 11:44 AM

Lots of good memories

Lots of good memories at that location.

Going way back to when it was the Schooner in the 80's, we ate there a lot. One of mom and dad's favorites.

Once it became CJ Avery's, we ate there some, and the food was good. Wish the owners well.

Dave

MotorHead 01-21-2021 01:36 PM

I am surprised it is not another 40 unit condo.

SAMIAM 01-22-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 349430)
Lots of good memories at that location.

Going way back to when it was the Schooner in the 80's, we ate there a lot. One of mom and dad's favorites.

Once it became CJ Avery's, we ate there some, and the food was good. Wish the owners well.

Dave

\\

I've got you beat....I remember waaaaaay back when it was "Slim's"

jbolty 01-22-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 349439)

maybe that's why they need parking?

WinnisquamZ 01-22-2021 12:41 PM

CJ Avery's closing for good...

Parking in the city has become a major issue. The lake port and downtown neighborhoods are very limited. And hate to bring up the white elephant “parking garage”. The city council is address the problem. Buying buildings and tearing them down is your only solution. But, that takes it off the city tax role. You can see the problem they have

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Woodsy 01-25-2021 08:25 AM

Parking

Bummer about Avery's.... but with the new development now was the time to cash out.

I don't understand why the City doesn't look at building a parking garage over the giant parking lot between City Hall & the Post Office. Seems like a no brainer to me!

Woodsy

ApS 01-25-2021 08:52 AM

Paradise...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 349439)

I'm reminded of the lyrics, "and put up a parking lot"... :rolleye2:

joey2665 01-25-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 349713)
I'm reminded of the lyrics, "and put up a parking lot"... :rolleye2:

“Pave paradise “

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Descant 01-25-2021 10:01 AM

No brainer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 349710)
Bummer about Avery's.... but with the new development now was the time to cash out.
I don't understand why the City doesn't look at building a parking garage over the giant parking lot between City Hall & the Post Office. Seems like a no brainer to me!
Woodsy

Laconia City Council? I think you may have answered your own question.

MeredithMan 03-19-2021 09:29 AM

buh-bye...

...drove by there yesterday, cutting through to Parade Road back to Meredith and a large CAT backhoe was demolishing the building. Have to admit, it was a sad sight to see...