Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Saturday Bike week Traffic exit 20 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20735)

Rattletrap 06-08-2016 06:26 PM

Saturday Bike week Traffic exit 20

Usually I'm on the bike for bike week and taking back roads in. But this year we'll be boating and taking exit 20 off 93 about noon time how bad is the traffic going to be?

ishoot308 06-08-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattletrap (Post 263319)
Usually I'm on the bike for bike week and taking back roads in. But this year we'll be boating and taking exit 20 off 93 about noon time how bad is the traffic going to be?

I would say not much different...Saturday is the beginning of bike week most of the bikes don't start arriving till Monday or Tuesday.. Your biggest slowdown will be the mall shoppers at the Tilton outlets and the light at the route 11 bypass...

Dan

BroadHopper 06-08-2016 09:16 PM

Best bet

Is to take 393 in Concord and Rte 106 to Laconia bypass. Much better trip. The races are later in the week.

Barney Bear 06-09-2016 05:20 AM

Very Best Bet

393 to 106 is the route we usually take. Less traffic and fewer traffic lights. Easy towing. Very strict enforcement of the 55mph speed limit on 106.

Woodsy 06-09-2016 08:45 AM

Depends on your destination....

Like 308 said... there is very little bike week traffic at Exit 20.

I disagree with Barney & Broadhopper... There is more apt to be Bike Week slowdowns if you take 106 past the race track. I drive 106 everyday and there are quite a few vendor tents set up at the track already. The track is making a big push this year to be a Bike Week destination.

One of the bridges is closed on the Laconia Bypass for construction work... small detour there, not a big deal, but you cannot use the offramp... they have a weird setup that makes sense but requires a sharp turn.

The question is.. where do you want to end up??

Winnisquamer 06-09-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 263355)

I disagree with Barney & Broadhopper... There is more apt to be Bike Week slowdowns if you take 106 past the race track. I drive 106 everyday and there are quite a few vendor tents set up at the track already. The track is making a big push this year to be a Bike Week destination.

One of the bridges is closed on the Laconia Bypass for construction work... small detour there, not a big deal, but you cannot use the offramp... they have a weird setup that makes sense but requires a sharp turn.

Would agree where do you want to end up would be a big basis for which way you should go. Where I live taking 106 is a hassle compared to just getting off exit 20.

Shore Driver 06-09-2016 10:55 AM

You will see traffic on par with the highest it's ever been for Bike Week this year. They will shatter all records for traffic, noise, business, police response incidents, alcohol purchases, you name it.

Here is why: https://laconiafest.com/

upthesaukee 06-09-2016 11:32 AM

Should be a over by Friday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 263355)

According to the news, the work was supposed to be a 60 hour project over this past weekend, that got delayed due to the rain, and to a problem with the application of adhesive. Article said they expected to be finished Fri.

As far as sharp turns are concerned, not really a problem. I watched a semi with a large trailer go from bypass westbound towards Belmont, and turn on the access to head toward Gilford village. The set up is like a large rotary, with traffic on the bypass exiting the by pass on the off ramps. At Gilford Ave are stop signs and yield signs. Cant go under the bridge. If you want to make what would normally be a left turn from the end of the bypass off ramp, then go up the on ramp, and turn left on the access over to the opposite side off ramp. Right turn at the end and you are on your way. Been by it a half a dozen times in the past few days. Should be a memory after tomorrow.

Slickcraft 06-09-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 263331)
Is to take 393 in Concord and Rte 106 to Laconia bypass. Much better trip. The races are later in the week.

And you get to stop at Jordon's in Belmont for the best ice cream in NH.

Woodsy 06-09-2016 09:17 PM

Upthesaukee...

I drive that route everyday to work. I was just giving Rattletrap & the rest of the hooligans a heads up on the bridge work. Its supposed to be done, but it was not done today when I went by.... stay tuned for the update tomorrow.

:)

Woodsy

upthesaukee 06-09-2016 10:52 PM

Hope it is over...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 263383)
Upthesaukee...

I drive that route everyday to work. I was just giving Rattletrap & the rest of the hooligans a heads up on the bridge work. Its supposed to be done, but it was not done today when I went by.... stay tuned for the update tomorrow.

:)

Woodsy

Hope it is done. Looking forward to a good report...

Have a great weekend, Woodsy. :)

Woodsy 06-10-2016 08:32 AM

Still closed as of this morning.... BUT it does look like the new deck is on.

TiltonBB 06-11-2016 05:27 AM

Bridge is open

The bridge on the bypass is open now. I drove over it last night

JPC 06-11-2016 08:04 PM

Still open

As of this evening the bridge is still open.