Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   new Mooring (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20567)

RUGMAN 05-09-2016 06:35 PM

new Mooring

Just got my approval for a new mooring for my pontoon boat. I am located on Meredith bay near Akwa marine, I have looked at mooring whips, decided to at least apply for a mooring. My neighbor has his boat on a mooring when he is not around, and has whips on his crib dock as well.we will be coming up most weekends but live in Mass. I also spoke to some people about whips. Looking for advice on getting an estimate for a mooring installation. New to the lake, last summer we did not have a boat, we have a crib dock and saw how rough the lake can get on the weekends and felt the mooring was the best option.

Marauder 05-09-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUGMAN (Post 261549)
Just got my approval for a new mooring for my pontoon boat. I am located on Meredith bay near Akwa marine, I have looked at mooring whips, decided to at least apply for a mooring. My neighbor has his boat on a mooring when he is not around, and has whips on his crib dock as well.we will be coming up most weekends but live in Mass. I also spoke to some people about whips. Looking for advice on getting an estimate for a mooring installation. New to the lake, last summer we did not have a boat, we have a crib dock and saw how rough the lake can get on the weekends and felt the mooring was the best option.

Mooring is absolutely a good idea as Meredith Bay can be unforgiving. Good idea to apply for a mooring for when you aren't here.

Joebon 05-10-2016 05:00 AM

I think I paid $1,000 or $1,500, but it depends on the size. Call one of the mooring companies soon because this is their busy season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeredithMan 05-10-2016 06:00 AM

John Baxter, DBA "JB Dive Services"

Highly recommend John Baxter, trade name, JB Dive Services. 603-630-1968.

Watermark recommended him to me a couple years ago when I was installing a new mooring. He did a great job. Had him upgrade my mooring this season when I bought a bigger boat. Ex-military guy...high integrity and professional. He also provides a fall and spring service to take out the mooring ball and install it in the spring for a nominal fee. Will also take care of crank-up docks in fall and spring as well.

Descant 05-10-2016 08:31 PM

Options

More expensive of course, but a lift would save rowing/paddling to the mooring and you could cover the boat to protect from sun/weather and not have to install the mooring cover every time you leave for a short time. Snapping the mooring cover in rough water while you're in the dinghy is not at my experience level, but I'd be hesitant after a while. Sounds like, if you have a crib dock, this might be an option.