Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   104 Diner in New Hampton Nh and the Manager Eric (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16739)

hiharry5 11-04-2013 11:07 AM

104 Diner in New Hampton Nh and the Manager Eric

We had Breakfast Sunday morning Nov.3 at the 104 Diner in New Hampton NH and had the pleasure of meeting the manager Eric.
My wife and I were very impressed with Eric he went out of his way to be friendly with all his customers.
It became very busy that morning,Eric pitched right in with the waitresses helping to seat the customers and help serve the food and making sure everything
went along smoothly.
The Common Man Restaurant has a very good employee with Eric.
We will return to the 104 Diner for more Sunday Breakfast with service like that and tell others.

Bob and Chris Mathews
Gilford, NH

nahgem521 11-04-2013 02:24 PM

Glad you had a good experience...

A family member of mine works at the 104. Eric must turn on his charm for the customers as he is rude, non social, and does not communicate with the staff. I've also been told he is one of the worst general managers they've seen. But, I'm very glad he seemed pleasant to you :)

mr1drfl 11-04-2013 06:01 PM

Eric

I stopped in there twice within the past 2 weeks, and me and the misses had a wonderful experience..Eric stopped by twice to make sure that everything was to our satisfaction! The waitress was a bit busy on both occasions and Eric brought the food out himself..Super nice guy!! Common man goes above and beyond screening ALL their employees to ensure that they are all top notch, professional, and curtious..Kudos Rt 104 Diner!!

Lakesrider 11-04-2013 09:28 PM

LOL...Wow, that ought make him even more friendly with the employees. :eek:

dpg 11-05-2013 06:51 AM

Jeez talk about a difference of opinions? :confused:

chipj29 11-05-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nahgem521 (Post 214372)
A family member of mine works at the 104. Eric must turn on his charm for the customers as he is rude, non social, and does not communicate with the staff. I've also been told he is one of the worst general managers they've seen. But, I'm very glad he seemed pleasant to you :)

I have heard the same from other people who have worked for him.

Pineedles 11-05-2013 09:17 AM

I had a good experience at the 104 Diner. The thread started several years ago here.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8712

minni on winni 11-05-2013 09:43 AM

Prefer the Tilton Diner to the 104. Better service. Better cook. Ate at the 104 twice (in case the bad experience the first time was a fluke...No it was still bad on the second visit.) Burgers were dry, service was SLOW.

Gatto Nero 11-05-2013 01:36 PM

Two of my kids have worked for Eric at one point or another at Town Docks. Both had nothing but good things to say about him.

8gv 11-05-2013 07:53 PM

This is just idle reading for me and I have no stake in this issue...

I have a saying that seems to fit here:

"Everyone is an @$$hole to somebody".

Most people have their detractors. The relationship one has with an individual includes both cause and effect.

Life is Wild 11-14-2013 12:39 PM

100% customer satisfaction is a pipe dream.

I'm beginning to see the trend that some Senior members recently "counseled" me about. Most of the scathing restaurant reviews are being posted by Junior members.

At the risk of calling some kettles black, I think it's fair to say that unless we have spoken to the staff about whatever it is that is wrong with our dining experience, and if necessary to the management, and still haven't been satisfied, then we shouldn't hide behind the anonymity of this forum to publicly undermine someone's business and livelihood.

Why not report a dry burger after the first bite, because not only would you likely get a fresh burger but the rest of us would all benefit from the chef's renewed vigilance.

Come on Juniors, there is a way to say what we need to say without ruining someone's career.

Amen.

wickedtravelah 11-14-2013 11:37 PM

I've never had a bad meal or bad service at the 104; however, I do not expect royal treatment or Michelin Star quality food. It serves its purpose as a good diner with good food.

Also, it always seems to have several cars in the parking lot every time in drive by....something must be working for them.