Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hardware Store Accident (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13261)

songkrai 11-04-2011 05:55 AM

Hardware Store Accident

"CENTER HABOR — Two people were taken to the hospital Monday afternoon, after their car plunged off a retaining wall in a local parking lot and landed on its roof. Police were still investigating the accident Monday night, but they said it appears the female driver thought the parking lot at E.M. Heath True Value Hardware continued, when in fact it ended."

LINK

fatlazyless 11-04-2011 06:57 AM

...no surprise that it was a Buick because the average age for Buick owners-drivers appears to be about 88-years.....probably just another senior moment...."oh....as long as we are here dearie.....why don't we go take a closer look at the Mount Washington....isn't the lake just beautifull today".....kaboomba boom boom....and fortunately for them.... their seatbelts were used....otherwise..... ?

NHBUOY 11-04-2011 08:07 AM

Haha. FLL, has effectively alienated every old-timer Buick driver in NH. Your gonna get letters...:laugh:

LIforrelaxin 11-04-2011 09:10 AM

FLL why am I not surprised at your comments... but anyways...

I have often thought that a guard rail should be installed down there....

GTO 11-04-2011 10:14 AM

unfortueately....

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 171423)

I see a law suit coming up

MarkinNH 11-04-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 171423)

Do we want to take bets on whether or not there will be one going up after this?
During the summer Heaths had a row of pallets with stuff on them so the 6" drop off wasn't an issue unless a person crashed through all the fertilizers etc.
Now there is nothing there and I would think due to potential liability issues in this lawsuit happy world, their insurance company would / will require a fence or some type of clear warning.

webmaster 11-04-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 171415)
...no surprise that it was a Buick because the average age for Buick owners-drivers appears to be about 88-years.

Didn't I see you leave the ForumFest in a Buick? :confused:

TOAD 11-04-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

...no surprise that it was a Buick because the average age for Buick owners-drivers appears to be about 88-years.....

Can you say Tiger Woods? Opps that's right..he lost his contract for some reason or another...:D

SIKSUKR 11-04-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinNH (Post 171431)
During the summer Heaths had a row of pallets with stuff on them so the6" drop off wasn't an issue unless a person crashed through all the fertilizers etc.

How does a car roll over going off a 6 inch drop off?

MarkinNH 11-04-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 171439)

Thanks for catching that. That should have been 6'.

jkjoshuatree 11-05-2011 12:55 PM

Must've Been A Very Small Buick

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 171439)

Sorry...couldn't resist. :D

RandallDunn 11-05-2011 04:19 PM

They should install a guard rail there. And my Pops drives a Buick, and he's dangerous. Yikes!

trfour 11-05-2011 06:09 PM

I Agree About Installing A Guard Rail

1 Attachment(s)
I hope the people involved in this accident are okay!

Thank God she wasn't towing a boat or a house trailer!! Could have been much worse.

As a side note; just to help FLL with his statistics...
Pic # 1. Two Buicks, a 1948 pulling the luggage trailer~ = 63 years old, and an 1949 Buick, pulling a 46' house trailer~ = 62 years old. :)
Photo taken by Life Magazine in 1952...

ushaggerb 11-06-2011 12:00 AM

I Drive A Buick, sort of

Quote:

...no surprise that it was a Buick because the average age for Buick owners-drivers appears to be about 88-years.....probably just another senior moment...."oh....as long as we are here dearie.....why don't we go take a closer look at the Mount Washington....isn't the lake just beautifull today".....kaboomba boom boom....and fortunately for them.... their seatbelts were used....otherwise..... ?

Loved your comment about Buick drivers. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that we have one. It's an Enclave. Why I'm not embarrassed is that it's probably the best car we've ever bought or leased. Wait a minute. Is it a Buick? It begins with a B. Or maybe that was the last letter in the name. I'll be darned. I just forgot my name. I think it has something to do with a Buick.

TomC 11-06-2011 03:33 AM

barrier

there is yellow police tape and a truck in place now...

SteveA 11-06-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ushaggerb (Post 171494)
Loved your comment about Buick drivers. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that we have one. It's an Enclave. Why I'm not embarrassed is that it's probably the best car we've ever bought or leased. Wait a minute. Is it a Buick? It begins with a B. Or maybe that was the last letter in the name. I'll be darned. I just forgot my name. I think it has something to do with a Buick.

Now this is an example of a VERY FUNNY post! :laugh::laugh:

FLL and ushaggerb may have revived the Art Form know here as McDude's "Jimmy" thread.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ighlight=Jimmy

Pineedles 11-06-2011 08:24 AM

Well I hope you are happy SteveA. I followed that link you posted and got lost there for an hour before I finally found my way back here.

mcdude 11-06-2011 08:36 AM

Didn't Norman and Ethel Thayer drive a Buick?:confused:

SteveA 11-06-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 171507)
Didn't Norman and Ethel Thayer drive a Buick?:confused:

I think it was a Buick Roadmaster in Rain Man... but according to this site.. no Buick in On Golden Pond

http://www.imcdb.org/movie.php?id=82846

mcdude 11-06-2011 03:30 PM

ah....it was a 1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88. Thanks, Steve.

......same difference!

interesting link!

Argie's Wife 11-06-2011 04:00 PM

I'd drive a Buick to KMart to get underwear...

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3...oadmaster7.jpg

Heck yeah...

I love those land-yacht cars... they've got lots of bells & whistles, and they're really comfy on long trips.

SteveA 11-06-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 171530)
interesting link!

That data base is very cool for old movies. I've settled many a debate about movies with info from there.

fatlazyless 11-07-2011 05:49 AM

Buick has done very well in China, and more Buicks are now sold in China, than in the United States. Google "Buick wikipedia" to read about the Buick success story in China.

Could be the driver of the blue Buick at the hardware store was googling and driving all at the same time ..... da-ya-think......what-me-worry.....I drive a Buick.....which automatically comes with instant police repellant....that's the opposite of a "cop magnet car."

ushaggerb 11-07-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 171548)
Buick has done very well in China, and more Buicks are now sold in China, than in the United States. Google "Buick wikipedia" to read about the Buick success story in China.

Could be the driver of the blue Buick at the hardware store was googling and driving all at the same time ..... da-ya-think......what-me-worry.....I drive a Buick.....which automatically comes with instant police repellant....that's the opposite of a "cop magnet car."

You're most definitely on to something. I think it's quite possible the driver was having problems with the car and was on their way back to China to have it repaired. It's a hard lesson to learn, though, that most Buicks that land on a top of a building are rarely successful in making that trip to China.

It's also tough crossing the ocean. Do you know if the Buick was pointed toward the Lake? Could be they were going to take a test drive across the Broads and see how the car did before going making a go of Beijing.

Of course, there's the really scary possibility. They were following instructions from their GPS. I know the last time I used my GPS I ended up on top of a 3 bedroom condo. When the cops wrote me up they said if I was in a Buick they probably never would have spotted me. Something about instant police repellant.

SAMIAM 11-08-2011 07:20 AM

Looks like a fairly slow rollover, so I'm sure those folks will be ok, assuming they were both strapped in.
That said, be watching for lawyers flying in lazy circles over the parking lot.

MarkinNH 11-08-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ushaggerb (Post 171586)
most Buicks that land on a top of a building .

No building, it landed on it's roof onto a gravel driveway

John A. Birdsall 11-08-2011 12:17 PM

thats not abad

We had a person here in S.E. Ct drive into the police station. Right thru the front door. He was not driving a Buick though, he was driving a chevy Pickup.
Did anyone mention tickets? He got four different citations.

VitaBene 11-08-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John A. Birdsall (Post 171614)
We had a person here in S.E. Ct drive into the police station. Right thru the front door. He was not driving a Buick though, he was driving a chevy Pickup.
Did anyone mention tickets? He got four different citations.

I'll be baaaack... Arnold from Terminator;)

rick35 11-08-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Saw a Buick Regal on the highway this morning and it is not a car for pepere and memere. Great lines...looks like a european luxury sedan. Actually its based on an Opel made in Germany.

WakeboardMom 11-09-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 171641)
Saw a Buick Regal on the highway this morning and it is not a car for pepere and memere. Great lines...looks like a european luxury sedan. Actually its based on an Opel made in Germany.

HEY!! I think you need to re-think your comment above. I'm a memere, and I think you're implying that I should be driving a Crowne Victoria...

We 21st-century memeres don't fit that stereotype. Just sayin'...

:D

songkrai 11-13-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 171641)

Buick is a fine car. Buick is the number 1 selling car in China.

But the Opel connection in the USA has been less then successful. Cadilac Catera (Opel) was problem prone. The Saturn Astra (Opel) didn't sell too well for Saturn.

SteveA 11-14-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeboardMom (Post 171665)
HEY!! I think you need to re-think your comment above. I'm a memere, and I think you're implying that I should be driving a Crowne Victoria...

We 21st-century memeres don't fit that stereotype. Just sayin'...

:D

I think 110% of retired cops drive Crown Vics. :laugh::laugh:
My Mother In Law's now deceased boyfriend owned a Crown Vic until the day he passed away. When we had to put it into retirement, it still purred like a kitten and had more acceleration than any car I ever drove. Passed everything on the highway except the gas station. :rolleye1:

gtxrider 11-15-2011 01:28 PM

Not a car for seniors

1 Attachment(s)
This Buick was not a car for seniors or young drivers.

The Buick Grand National....:cool:

SAMIAM 11-15-2011 07:55 PM

Grand National would have jumped the wall and done a 180 in front of the town docks