Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   police motorcycle museum in meredith (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11898)

natureboy79 04-15-2011 02:30 PM

police motorcycle museum in meredith

There has been a sign up for almost a year saying it was coming in may 2011. Anybody have any info on if its still opening and what exactly it will be?

Great Northern Cleaning 04-16-2011 05:00 AM

I'm also curious!!

Being a motorcycle enthusiast....I have been looking forward to this opening since I first saw the sign last fall!! Does anyone have any info??

natureboy79 04-29-2011 02:29 PM

they have a web site I found. I cant wait!
www.americanpolicemotorcyclemuseum.com/

HOOVER 05-15-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natureboy79 (Post 154776)
There has been a sign up for almost a year saying it was coming in may 2011. Anybody have any info on if its still opening and what exactly it will be?

Looks like a big dream. Don't think it will ever open

meredith weekender 05-15-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOVER (Post 157001)
Looks like a big dream. Don't think it will ever open

Hoover, check out the website link that Nature Boy posted. The website states that the grand opening is June 4th and it will be a big opening with free giveaways.

It's a huge undertaking to open any kind of business. The group opening this is probably spending big $$$$ knowing that immediate return is going to happen. I feel that they should be applauded for their efforts.

WeirsBeachBoater 05-15-2011 11:44 AM

Going to be really cool

Stopped by the other day. The owner was outside, so I pulled in. I asked if I would get a discount, being that I ride a retired Police bike myself...;) He is making great strides, spoke of possibly a soft opening before the Grand Opening. I can't wait to see what's inside!

natureboy79 05-15-2011 04:13 PM

haha boater, what did he say about your discount? What are you riding? I ride an 88 fxr police bike myself.

WeirsBeachBoater 05-16-2011 09:25 AM

07 FLHTPI Electra Glide Police.

HOOVER 05-20-2011 05:17 PM

Motorcycle museum

I looked inside the other day. Still does not look like anything going on. saw two bikes and a mannequin inside. They have a long way to go.

HOOVER 05-20-2011 05:32 PM

motorcycle museum

Went to their website. Sounds interesting, but don't know if many people are going to spend $12.to see it. I went to the Henry Ford Museum a few years ago and it was less $$$

fatlazyless 06-05-2011 09:24 PM

Story with photos in today's Union Leader. Can someone post a link?

LadyJane 06-11-2011 09:08 AM

any recent news on this museum? have they opened yet? what are they near?

Slickcraft 06-11-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyJane (Post 159788)
any recent news on this museum? have they opened yet? what are they near?

We went by on Thursday, there was an "open" sign. It is across from Ippolito's Furniture.

C Tucker 06-13-2011 11:57 AM

My husband went in and liked the bikes on display, but with a $10 admission he won't be going back.

crowsnest 06-13-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C Tucker (Post 159944)
My husband went in and liked the bikes on display, but with a $10 admission he won't be going back.

Stop by there on satuday around noon there were 5 cars in pklt (think they where the staff ) five of us walked up to door and admission was $11 per adult, we turned around and walked out :rolleye2:

joann721 06-13-2011 03:24 PM

wow- we drove by it this past weekend and decided that this probably wasnt the weekend to check it out - I think $10 a person is a bit pricey...

NoBozo 06-13-2011 07:00 PM

The funny thing about Police Motorcycles...Other than the decade they were produced...they were by design.. all alike.

In the case of Harley, the only thing that changed was the engine....and then only marginally. Harley engines changed about every 20 years...but only in the "Top End". The "Top End" was the cylinder heads and valves.

HARLEY: There was the "Flat Head". Then there was the "Knuckle Head". Then there was the "Pan Head". then there was the "Shovel Head." Then there is the...*****Head". I can't remember.... which is still current after 20 years. . The basic Harley engine is the same engine as 60 years ago. Oh Wait..they have fuel injection now.

Indian had a few Police Bikes way back when Harley was their only competitor.

There was a Kawasaki Police Bike (Ref: Tv Series: Chips)

Harley's are still the choice of municipalities because they are American...and they seem to be suited to slow speed cruising such as Motorcades and Funerals.

Just an observation. :look: NB

Lakesrider 06-13-2011 07:59 PM

Here is another case of charge to much...no customers. Lower to $5.00 you would get twice as many people going in. more cars in the lot entice more people to wonder what is going on and stop as well.
Just like gas. Charge too much. I'm not stopping in. Charge less I'm stopping and more than likely going in to buy food, lottery tickets etc....
I just can't understand the way some people think. Just another interesting place that will be gone tomorrow. :confused:

LadyJane 06-13-2011 08:03 PM

I agree. I wish them well......but they'll make more money if they lower their admission price.

WeirsBeachBoater 06-14-2011 11:40 AM

My visit

Gladly paid the $10 fee, thought it was a very fair price given the investment they had to put into this museum. I'm happy they chose Meredith! Enjoyed meeting the owner, had some really nice antiques upstairs. The owner took some time, gave me some history on a few of the bikes, and some of the other memorabilia. The good news is he has more bikes at home, and other contributors to the museum, so they plan to change the bikes out from time to time, so if you visit again you won't be seeing the same motorcycles everytime. Very cool.

webmaster 06-26-2011 03:20 PM

I noticed these likelike mannequins today as I drove by the new museum. The male officer was positioned next to Rt. 3 and was slowing down the traffic all by himself :idea:.

fatlazyless 07-15-2016 02:32 PM

While there is no mention or announcement about closing in the website, a sign out front of the entrance to the www.americanpolicemotorcyclemuseum.com says it is closing on July 18.

.....seems a little unusual? Am sorry to see it close, and wonder what will be happening with that large old barn building that used to be home to a busy antiques business.

winniplayhouse 07-15-2016 06:58 PM

Here you go:

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...o-close-museum

SAMIAM 07-16-2016 07:34 AM

What more could Peter Mayhew do? He complied with all town,state and federal regulations governing his business and has been a responsible and respected business person for 30 years or more.
I suspect that the closing of the museum might be due to issues other than his neighbors.

Pontoon Goon 07-16-2016 07:56 AM

Samiam, I ask this respectively, would you open your restaurant in that building ?

fatlazyless 07-16-2016 09:58 AM

.... a new home of the Whopper?

In that location, how's about a Burger King restaurant, the 'home of the Whopper' and their very popular flame broiled Whopper for a doable, successful year 'round restaurant business???? That could be a real good addition to the area ...... will 'The King' come to Meredith ...... and bring his famous char-broiled taste ....... please???

Respectfully, there's like no way the wafting fumes of 275-lb Uncle Charlie getting cremated next door could out-smell, or over power the fumes emitted from a Burger King ....... el problemo would become no problemo ...... fight fire with fire!:D

Outdoorsman 07-16-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 265644)
In that location, how's about a Burger King restaurant, the 'home of the Whopper' and their very popular flame broiled Whopper for a doable, successful year 'round restaurant business???? That could be a real good addition to the area ...... will 'The King' come to Meredith ...... and bring his famous char-broiled taste ....... please???

Respectfully, there's like no way the wafting fumes of 275-lb Uncle Charlie getting cremated next door could out-smell, or over power the fumes emitted from a Burger King ....... el problemo would become no problemo ...... fight fire with fire!:D

Fast food restaurants such as your "Burger King" are franchises.

Even a "Down & out guy, livn that Walmart side of the lake" ..... can ..... quit his job .... at Rand's Hardware .... in Plymouth, NH ..... and purchase a franchise.

I would visit it every bit as much as I visit McDonalds ....

noreast 07-17-2016 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 265657)
Fast food restaurants such as your "Burger King" are franchises.

Even a "Down & out guy, livn that Walmart side of the lake" ..... can ..... quit his job .... at Rand's Hardware .... in Plymouth, NH ..... and purchase a franchise.

I would visit it every bit as much as I visit McDonalds ....

I would guess,the real money would be, franchise fee/ start up equip, at least 1/2 a million probably more.

wifi 07-17-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noreast (Post 265668)
I would guess,the real money would be, franchise fee/ start up equip, at least 1/2 a million probably more.

Shouldn't be a big deal, one could sell off their Winni waterfront and Waterville Valley town house.... there yah go !

SAMIAM 07-17-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontoon Goon (Post 265641)
Samiam, I ask this respectively, would you open your restaurant in that building ?

You make a good point and being in the food business, probably not.
Just have my doubts that the funeral home alone is the cause of their closing.

Outdoorsman 10-18-2016 06:33 PM

The hearing began today in Carroll County Superior Court

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...ematorium-1140

fatlazyless 08-25-2017 03:29 AM

Selectmen say NO to boat storage?

On Tuesday, August 22, the Meredith selectmen voted 5-0 to not allow boat storage in the field next to the Meredith Motorcycle Museum. That seems like a big surprise 5-0 decision. Storing boats, and there's been a lot of boats stored there, was not an acceptable use and they said no to an exception to the zoning rule.

Boat storage seemed like a real good, long term, doable business in that location, and it transformed a large, flat, very empty, grassy 2-acre field on the Daniel Webster, Route-3 highway into a boat storage business location. So, where do all the many, many boats.....mostly pontoon boats ....... end up ........50-expensive boats need a winter home ...... Have Boats - Will Travel?

Will go look for a newspaper article link in the Laconia Daily Sun......seems kind of interesting ......oh well ...... what the heck am I do up here at 5-am?

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...t-storage-plan

The number one best use for that location would most definitely be a Burger King ....... home of the Whopper ...... land of the King! Please, please, please ...... let it be a Burger King ....... www.bk.com/menu ......most definitely an acceptable use.....and probably, no one would notice the fumes coming from the funeral home chimney, next door......it would all just blend!

Biggd 08-25-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 284621)
On Tuesday, August 22, the Meredith selectmen voted 5-0 to not allow boat storage in the field next to the Meredith Motorcycle Museum. That seems like a big surprise 5-0 decision. Storing boats, and there's been a lot of boats stored there, was not an acceptable use and they said no to an exception to the zoning rule.

Boat storage seemed like a real good, long term, doable business in that location, and it transformed a large, flat, very empty, grassy 2-acre field on the Daniel Webster, Route-3 highway into a boat storage business location. So, where do all the many, many boats.....mostly pontoon boats ....... end up ........50-expensive boats need a winter home ...... Have Boats - Will Travel?

Will go look for a newspaper article link in the Laconia Daily Sun......seems kind of interesting ......oh well ...... what the heck am I do up here at 5-am?

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...t-storage-plan

The number one best use for that location would most definitely be a Burger King ....... home of the Whopper ...... land of the King! Please, please, please ...... let it be a Burger King ....... www.bk.com/menu ......most definitely an acceptable use.....and probably, no one would notice the fumes coming from the funeral home chimney, next door......it would all just blend!

How the heck have you lived this long eating at McDonalds and Burger King? They are disgusting!

fatlazyless 08-26-2017 06:17 AM

From today's Saturday, August 26, LaDaSun:

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...f-boat-storage

Am trying to think of something intelligent to say here regarding this Meredith boat storage decision ...... what, me worry? ......... I give up ......oh well ......like, who cares that boats are stored there?

p.s. re: Mcdonald's food ........I drink a lot of their water, (and not too much of their food) which is totally free and very high quality water at the Meredith Mcdonald's ..... ditto that for the ice cubes, too, plus they have nice big paper cups...... all "priced for free" ......my type of price! If you ever drink the Town of Plymouth, town water, at the Plymouth McDonalds ..... and compare it to the Meredith town water at the Meredith McDonalds....... Meredith free town water gets an "A" .....while Plymouth free town water gets a "D."

If the Meredith McDonald's reads this post ...... thanks very much for your very high quality water, and maybe you should get a subscription to the New York Times, Wall St Journal, or Boston Globe ........ as a way to boost your business .....like, no kidding! .....and just leave the papers out there on your little, free newspaper table .... along with the Union Leader, and the LaDaSun ...