Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Power Outage (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9435)

Webbsatwinni 03-02-2010 07:44 AM

Power Outage

Does anyone have an update on the power outage and what remains affected. It looks like Rattlesnake is still out based on DRH's comments and the snake eyes cam. I was just wondering if anyone has heard any current information on when / if the power company would get to the island before ice out.

pontoonbarge 03-02-2010 12:04 PM

power outage...

My Rattlesnake island pc / weather station appears to be down, too...

I imagine the utility companies still have their hands full with all the repairs across the state...and getting out to Rattlesnake is probably kind of tricky now. I've been hoping the fault that took out the island power was actually on the mainland, so we don't have to wait until ice-out.

Anyone have an airboat or hovercraft to get out there and check? :)

Island Girl 03-02-2010 02:16 PM

You will have to wait....

....until the power company gets to it. They do have a ride to the island when they are available to go out there.

I am hoping it is soon so Snake Eyes can get back online. I may need to find alternate power in the future for these times. I would think a big PC backup battery backup would last for several days if it only powered a little webcam and modem. Suggestions are welcome!

IG

SIKSUKR 03-03-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island Girl (Post 120423)
....until the power company gets to it. They do have a ride to the island when they are available to go out there.

I am hoping it is soon so Snake Eyes can get back online. I may need to find alternate power in the future for these times. I would think a big PC backup battery backup would last for several days if it only powered a little webcam and modem. Suggestions are welcome!

IG

Maybe you can plug in to DRH's spooky light?:laugh:

LIforrelaxin 03-03-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

IG

IG,

A PC Back up will obviously help some, of course the factors are how long is the power out for. Of course that is also probably your cheapest choice too. After that your going to have to get into devices that will switch out the main power and switch in and on the AUX power (generator, etc.)

My suggestion would be to look into alternative energy to run the self contained unit of modem and web cam 24X7X365.... a solar cell, a couple of gell cell batteries an inverter, and as long as you have good sun.... your all set....Then you don't have to worry as much about the how long part of the equation......

DBA 03-06-2010 07:42 AM

Rattlesnake and Sleeper Power Restored

except for a few isolated cottages that will need to wait until ice out.
DBA

NoBozo 03-06-2010 03:14 PM

Goody

Rattlesnake Cam is back. :) I missed it. NB

John A. Birdsall 03-07-2010 03:20 PM

idea

Quote:

IG

Install a windpowermill on the top of Rattlesnake. You'd have power year round. I bet FLL could get the parts from Wal-mart.

Webbsatwinni 03-07-2010 08:34 PM

Thank you to the mystery support ;) that was able to transport the power teams to the island! Now we have snake eyes back for ice out.