Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   First time at the Lyons Den (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18416)

Den65 10-30-2014 08:32 AM

First time at the Lyons Den

Went to the Lyons Den for dinner last night. What took me so long to go there. Great place had the Stuffed Salmon and the wife had the Chicken Nicole (served by it's name sake) and they were exellent. Had the homemade bread pudding for desert.....HMMMM good. Had a great conversation with the owner and yes I will be back for the Prime Rib sounds great. Service Great, Food Great, Atmosphere great. And yes I will make the cookie dough oreo cookie? if you want to know what it is go and ask Nicole she's a junk food junkie.......but she has never had a Drakes RingDing one of my fav's :liplick::liplick:

Happy Gourmand 10-30-2014 09:15 AM

The Lyon's Den is one of our all time favorites, we were there last Saturday.
You will not be disappointed with the Prime Rib, I've had it several times. I got the King Cut....I can't believe I ate the whole thing!!!
We were a party of 12, a kind of last bash for us and some of our summer friends. Many different dishes were ordered, all were said to be excellent. Everything about this place is just super, one of the best in the area.

BroadHopper 10-30-2014 09:21 AM

One of the locals favorite

Good food off season as well as on! Can you imagine sitting in that corner window in a howling snowstorm looking out Glendale Bay? Priceless!

baygo 10-30-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 235724)
Good food off season as well as on! Can you imagine sitting in that corner window in a howling snowstorm looking out Glendale Bay? Priceless!

I think I get the picture. But, am I taking off my snowmobile helmet because I just arrived, or am I putting it back on, and about to ride onto the bay?:)

Phantom 10-30-2014 01:56 PM

Hold a seat on Saturday for me Lauren !

(I know your lurking on the site)

:D

Resident 2B 10-30-2014 03:20 PM

We like several local restaurants, but Lyon's Den is the best by far!

R2B

rick35 10-30-2014 04:05 PM

Been there. Done that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 235724)

We were there the night of the Halloween snow storm three years ago and I remember looking out the windows at the storm. We couldn't see much with all the snow blowing by parallel to the ground. It took three hours to get home that night.

Descant 11-01-2014 04:09 PM

Prime Rib

Try the Lobster Pie. It's great, but I think only on the menu as a special. Lobster pie and prime rib. Now THAT would be a special.

ishoot308 11-02-2014 08:48 AM

Don't Forget...

Today is the last day to eat at the Lyons Den! They are closing for three weeks for their annual shutdown, cleaning and well deserved vacation!

Wife and I went yesterday and had the best blackened swordfish!

Dan

Resident 2B 11-02-2014 02:10 PM

Have a great break/vacation! you all deserve it!

R2B

Phantom 11-03-2014 08:21 AM

Enjoy your cruise !!

You'll love it !!

(except for the coming back part)
:)