Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pops Clam Shack (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10528)

Flylady 08-02-2010 07:17 PM

Pops Clam Shack

Drove over to Alton this afternoon for a long awaited try of their famous clams and scallop dinner only to arrive to find them closed! Talk about being disappointed. I had decided from the forum that I had to try this place when I arrived in NH.
Does anyone know why they are not open? Do they close like this without notice often? I guess my lesson will be to call first before making the trip.

pops 08-02-2010 08:43 PM

Sorry

I had to close today to do some repairs that could not be done while open. Hope you can make it back. Introduce yourself and your meal will be [f.o.c.] free of charge. Once again sorry.
Thank You
Pops

chipj29 08-03-2010 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pops (Post 135109)
I had to close today to do some repairs that could not be done while open. Hope you can make it back. Introduce yourself and your meal will be [f.o.c.] free of charge. Once again sorry.
Thank You
Pops

I hope you don't get a whole bunch of people who call themselves "flylady" looking for a free meal! :laugh:

SIKSUKR 08-03-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipj29 (Post 135132)
I hope you don't get a whole bunch of people who call themselves "flylady" looking for a free meal! :laugh:

I don't think you or I will pass for Flylady Chip.:laugh:

weim2 08-03-2010 09:25 AM

Andrews

My 2 brothers worked at Pop's years ago when Mr. and Mrs. Andrews owned it. Along with other boys from our cove. One brother also worked at The Myrtle Anne which is Bayside (?) now. I worked at Blue Jay for 5 summers and my husband on the golf course. Huge fam tradition of working summers in Alton and I can say that POPS have carried on a great tradition of wonderful food. And healthy too!:liplick:

chipj29 08-03-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 135149)
I don't think you or I will pass for Flylady Chip.:laugh:

I can wear a dress with the best of 'em. :confused::D

RLW 08-03-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipj29 (Post 135180)
I can wear a dress with the best of 'em. :confused::D

Who said that Flylady is a lady? It could be someone in disguise.http://i46.tinypic.com/2eb77o6.gif

SIKSUKR 08-03-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLW (Post 135189)
Who said that Flylady is a lady? It could be someone in disguise.http://i46.tinypic.com/2eb77o6.gif

Good point,like Lady Gaga!:laugh:

dpg 08-04-2010 11:23 AM

Definitely a dangerous offer to make in front of the (world) :eek::eek: Next time Suggest Pops PM someone. :laugh:

Flylady 08-04-2010 11:43 AM

Very Generous

Thanks Pops for the very nice offer...very typical of the great forum family and why I love this area! Highly unlikely that I'll be able to make it over on this trip but I will be back during Labor Day week and will bring some guests with me when we make our dinner run over to Alton. I want to make sure they have a memorable visit to NH and the wonderful seafood option we have here.

Kracken 08-04-2010 12:20 PM

This is VERY typical of Pops, generous. Never disappointed with Pop’s Clam Shack.

pops 08-04-2010 09:45 PM

labor day week?

The kids go back to school on August 30th. We will have limited weekday hours that week befor Labor day. Not sure yet what our schedual will be that week. Also keep in mind we close on labor day at 4:00 pm so our employees and myself can have our end of year party/dinner. We also run out of menu items on labor day as it is our last day open until May.
Thank You
Pops

Steveo 08-05-2010 11:31 AM

Shell not Shack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracken (Post 135402)
This is VERY typical of Pops, generous. Never disappointed with Pop’s Clam Shack.

Not a big deal but it is Pop's Clam Shell not Shack.

I also love the place for the clams, best in NH and now for the Shanes ice cream. Pricing for ice cream is unbelievable but killing my waistline - like 50 cents more for a large, and it's really EXTRA large.

nj2nh 08-10-2010 07:23 PM

OMG, we went to Pops on August 7 for a quick lunch. Ordered a small onion rings and a small clam boat to share. The portions were amazing!!!!!!! If those were smalls, I can't even begin to imagine what the large size was like. The clam strips were falling out of the boat. Two of us couldn't finish them and we brought them home to share with other family members.

Fed a family of four. Amazing.

nj2nh

ishoot308 08-10-2010 07:59 PM

Great Again!

Knowing we were taking visiting family members to Pops this past weekend, I took an extra Lipitor and my wife and I feasted on a fried seafood plate and lobster roll.

As usual Pop's came through with flying colors. Everything was just great!! Fresh, hot and plenty of it!

Thank you once again Pop's!!

Dan