Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Laconia Trash Pickup (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28713)

baygo 04-17-2023 11:41 AM

Laconia Trash Pickup

We got our new receptacles for the automated trash pickup today. I am confused and concerned. There is no difference between the ones they dropped off and our old receptacles with the exception of a unique bar code on each receptacle. Why would they want to track each receptacle? Perhaps so they can charge us by weight in the future or they can track down who tears off and throws away the tag on their mattress.

TiltonBB 04-17-2023 12:13 PM

Maybe they want to know who got them so you can't go back and ask for another one and claim you never got it.

Maybe they are tracking the trash truck to see when they get to each stop.

Maybe they want a way to confirm who has it by bar code in case yours gets stolen and someone else claims it is theirs.

The Post Office uses bar codes at about every 10th stop to track the progress of the mail delivery "person" (See what I did there?)

pondguy 04-17-2023 02:06 PM

Beware of "Big Brother":rolleye1:

Newbiesaukee 04-17-2023 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 382812)
We got our new receptacles for the automated trash pickup today. I am confused and concerned. There is no difference between the ones they dropped off and our old receptacles with the exception of a unique bar code on each receptacle. Why would they want to track each receptacle? Perhaps so they can charge us by weight in the future or they can track down who tears off and throws away the tag on their mattress.

It’s definitely the mattress tag remover scofflaws.:):):). Off with their beds!!

Cobalt 12 04-17-2023 05:41 PM

Maybe they want to know who got them so you can't go back and ask for another one and claim you never got it.

Maybe they are tracking the trash truck to see when they get to each stop.

Maybe they want a way to confirm who has it by bar code in case yours gets stolen and someone else claims it is theirs.

IMHO, I'd have to think differently, Those 3 options would not be " Cost Effective ".

More the thought they plan in the near future to Charge per weight. The city only looks out for the city. NOT YOU!

John Mercier 04-17-2023 09:59 PM

The residents of the city are the city.
Whatever is not attained through fees/etc, must be picked up by the residents in property taxes.

WinnisquamZ 04-18-2023 09:16 AM

This morning I received my new containers. Confusing, the yellow top container which I assume is recycling reads on the lid “for trash only”.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

WinnisquamZ 04-18-2023 05:39 PM

Thanks to all that held back their comments. The green bin is of recycling and the yellow bin is for trash. As each are marked. So confused I am. Just the opposite of my MA community.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app