Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Valet Service (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7742)

ToomuchFun 05-24-2009 06:25 AM

Valet Service

This is my second year on the lake. I used a valet service last year and wasn't very satisfied. Can I get some recommendations on a good, honest, valet service. Thanks so much!

Orion 05-24-2009 06:56 AM

Harilla Landing

I use Harilla Landing. They have a brand new state-of-the-art steel rack building and new management for the valet service. The new manager is doing an excellent job and I believe there are racks available for rent. It's in Moultonborough on Long Island and phone number is 603-651-9727.

robmac 05-24-2009 07:28 AM

I use Shep Browns, resonably priced and honest. # is 603-279-4573

Kevin C 05-24-2009 10:45 PM

This is our 5th year @ Channel Marine. Service has always been top notch, with the staff personable, efficient and honest.

ishoot308 05-25-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToomuchFun (Post 95339)
This is my second year on the lake. I used a valet service last year and wasn't very satisfied. Can I get some recommendations on a good, honest, valet service. Thanks so much!

I can't tell you where to go, but I can tell you where to stay away from... If you haven't read this thread you probably should.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5671

Dan

ToomuchFun 05-25-2009 08:48 PM

Thanks for the responses

Thanks for the responses! I'll make some calls this week and hopefully have a great experience this year.

jst_4_kiks 05-25-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 95342)
I use Harilla Landing. They have a brand new state-of-the-art steel rack building and new management for the valet service. The new manager is doing an excellent job and I believe there are racks available for rent. It's in Moultonborough on Long Island and phone number is 603-651-9727.

awesome place. andy is a great person and the new building is so much better for storage and valet service. 651-9727 or 253-4592. the 253 number is a direct line to the yacht club. now on summer hours mon-thurs 8-6, fri-sat 8-7, sun 8-8

have a few racks to rent. also depends on the size of your boat. give andy a call.

LIforrelaxin 05-28-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 95342)

The question is will Harilla Landing survive? Sure the new building is nice, and I am sure the new mechanic / boat movers are wonderfull people..... but I have heard many grumplings from members about dues, and have also noted many racks for sale, or rent....
Something tells me something is not so grand there........

hazelnut 05-28-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 95809)
The question is will Harilla Landing survive? Sure the new building is nice, and I am sure the new mechanic / boat movers are wonderfull people..... but I have heard many grumplings from members about dues, and have also noted many racks for sale, or rent....
Something tells me something is not so grand there........

Harilla Landing will most assuredly "survive." The racks, like mine, are privately owned (think condominium/rackominium). Yes our dues are high, due to a new construction project that gave us a state of the art brand new gigantic building second to none on the lake. The resulting building has spiked the values of all of our racks. So to answer the question, Harilla will always survive. So the complaints you may have heard are regarding our condo fees. Those that don't like it may in fact sell, there will always be a market for water access. As for the new contractor he is a great guy and he is paid by the membership to manage the club (I.E. Rack boats, maintain the facility, etc.) With all that said I'm not sure you'd find a better valet service on the lake.

cowisl 05-29-2009 10:35 AM

Agreed. The new building is nice. We actually spoke to andy and he is going to angle the bunks and put carpet on them for our boat. Should be perfect