Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Super Bowl Thread (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13549)

webmaster 01-28-2012 12:44 PM

Super Bowl Thread

Our New England Patriots are in the Super Bowl but I know many of our members are Giants fans. Here's a thread for your predictions and comments. Be sure to vote in the poll below.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.easypolls.net/ext/scripts/emPoll.js?p=4f2425edc2e1b0e40683c294"></script>

RLW 01-28-2012 01:32 PM

Go Pat's

Forget the fancy commercials, lets go for the chicken wings, cold beer and a fantastic Patriot's football game.:)

SteveA 01-28-2012 03:11 PM

Thanks Don!

Lot's of good fans on both sides of this years game. It should be fun.

Pineedles 01-28-2012 08:36 PM

Any year that 2 excellent teams wind up in the Super Bowl makes for a great game and the fans are the winners!

RLW 01-28-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 175148)
Any year that 2 excellent teams wind up in the Super Bowl makes for a great game and the fans are the winners!

You are right as long as the Pat's come out on top at the end of the game. http://i28.tinypic.com/2zq7wue.gif

trfour 01-28-2012 09:01 PM

Patriots Sending 10 Superfans To Indy For Free

Two from NH! :)

CBS Boston.com; http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/01/2...indy-for-free/

Should be a great football game!

Go Pat's!!
Terry

Bear Island South 01-28-2012 09:28 PM

its going down to the wire with the Giants pulling out a victory with a field goal

trfour 01-29-2012 12:08 AM

No Question About Two Awesome Teams

That showed they deserve to play it out in the XLVI!!

However, with the will of Coach Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Team New England Patriots, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pull together and win!!.. There is something about not coming from a perfect season, that adds some salsa and other things to the mix. I hope the Gronk gets well soon, and can play in this game too! He sure deserves to!

Patriots All Access video; http://www.patriots.com/media-center...e-5e628499bc35

Terry

Bear247 01-29-2012 06:25 AM

The Gaints win by 6+.:)

Janet 01-29-2012 07:44 AM

Giants in overtime by 3

Winnisquamguy 01-29-2012 08:18 AM

Brady and the Pats eat the Giants alive 35-10

SAMIAM 01-29-2012 08:42 AM

I agree with Winnisquamguy and won't be happy with anything less than a Denver-style spanking of the NY Dwarfs.
Keep in mind that NY took the SB,last time,on what amounted to a "hail mary" pass.....they did the same thing to San Fran.Don't think it's going to happen again.

Tired of Waiting 01-29-2012 09:21 AM

What's up with this???

Don,

In years past we had to link our posts to the lake region!! like starting the post with: Where is a good place at the lake to watch the supper bowl? Then we could go into our real posting reason. Like the Pats will spank the Giants ect. I see in your post you "did not link to the lake!"

What happened to that Forum rule????? :D:D

It must be nice to be the Site master!!:D

Just kidding Don. Thanks to the place for us PATS fans to post.

ToW

Lucky1 01-29-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy (Post 175160)
Brady and the Pats eat the Giants alive 35-10

From your lips to God's ears!!! Fingers crossed but think it is going to be a tough game for the Pats to win!

RailroadJoe 01-29-2012 10:41 AM

Brady 4 or Eli 2?

Why spend 3 to 4 hours watching the game when the last 5 to 10 minutes will decide it.

MAXUM 01-29-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 175161)
I agree with Winnisquamguy and won't be happy with anything less than a Denver-style spanking of the NY Dwarfs.
Keep in mind that NY took the SB,last time,on what amounted to a "hail mary" pass.....they did the same thing to San Fran.Don't think it's going to happen again.

Being from Colorado and a huge Broncos fan I have no vested interest in either team, however I will say this in regards to their loss to the Pats, the reason why they were "spanked" is because they didn't show up to play at all. Anyone could have beat the Broncos that day. The pats barely won against the Jags just like the Giants barely beat the 49'ers. Could have just as easily been 9er's vs Jags.

My prediction on the game? Can't underestimate Belichick just when you think you got him figured out he pulls some brilliant play out at the right time that can be the difference maker. Since I think both teams in the end equal out, it's all about the coaching and there is no denying that Bill is the best coach the NFL has seen in a long time. Very slight edge to the Pats for this reason only. Should be a good game.

I just hope that the penalty calling doesn't get out of hand. I do like the new OT rule where each team gets at least one possession unless a touchdown is scored. That was long overdue.

sa meredith 01-29-2012 01:03 PM

Giants healthy

Giants are indeed a great team. For anyone who may be just a casual observer of the NFL, NY was hit with many injuries this past season, and they were not a truly healthy football team, until the final weeks of the season. They are now healthy, and truth be told, probably much "fresher" (for lack fo a better term) than the Pats.
I believe this game will be won/lost in one catagory...Pats O line, vs Giants D line. The Giants D line is tough, mean, rip your head off aggressive...
Light and Mankins simply must bring their A game, or Brady will have a problem. A real problem.
That being said...
It says here, that the Pats will score early, and Eli will make a key mistake late, as the Patriots win by 17.
Sorry Pineedles...not this year.
The brothers "Goober" have 1 Super Bowl a piece, and that's all they're getting.
"Ah, shucks Pa...."

sa meredith 01-29-2012 01:05 PM

????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 175176)
Being from Colorado and a huge Broncos fan I have no vested interest in either team, however I will say this in regards to their loss to the Pats, the reason why they were "spanked" is because they didn't show up to play at all. Anyone could have beat the Broncos that day. The pats barely won against the Jags just like the Giants barely beat the 49'ers. Could have just as easily been 9er's vs Jags.

My prediction on the game? Can't underestimate Belichick just when you think you got him figured out he pulls some brilliant play out at the right time that can be the difference maker. Since I think both teams in the end equal out, it's all about the coaching and there is no denying that Bill is the best coach the NFL has seen in a long time. Very slight edge to the Pats for this reason only. Should be a good game.

I just hope that the penalty calling doesn't get out of hand. I do like the new OT rule where each team gets at least one possession unless a touchdown is scored. That was long overdue.

Jags????!!! How many Coors have you had out there?

Janet 01-29-2012 04:45 PM

Never count the Giants out until that final whisle blows!!!! My boys are hungry and healthy. If Brady plays the way he did against the Ravens, the Pats are in trouble. GO GIANTS!

SAMIAM 01-29-2012 05:04 PM

I second that....thanks,Don

Winnisquamguy 01-29-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 175186)
Never count the Giants out until that final whisle blows!!!! My boys are hungry and healthy. If Brady plays the way he did against the Ravens, the Pats are in trouble. GO GIANTS!

One of the reasons I think the Pats will crush the Giants is that the Giants have won 3 out of the last 4...Bill is not going to let it happen again. Besides they still have a bad taste in there mouth from the last time they played.Pats will be hungrier and it will show on the scoreboard.You are right Eli has had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks this year, but I just don't see it happening again.

MAXUM 01-29-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa meredith (Post 175178)
Jags????!!! How many Coors have you had out there?

To many apparently ;)

I just hope that next weekend we finally get some snow cause I'd rather be out riding the sleds than having nothing better to do than watch football.

Pineedles 01-29-2012 07:02 PM

ESPN is 3 miles from from my house. Somehow we can intercept all the sub-electrolysis broadcasts from their deep dish reverse network, informing us of all the subcutaneous info. Take it to the bank, Giants 24, Patriots 15.:coolsm:

Jonas Pilot 01-29-2012 07:05 PM

Thank you Don ...

... for letting us break the rules about no sports to let us talk about the 46th Super Bowl. I've lived up here for more than 20 years and I'm still a GIANTS fan!

Go BIG BLUE!!!

Resident 2B 01-29-2012 07:28 PM

Football heaven for me.

I was a Giants fan way back in the day. YA Tittle and Sam Huff were my heros. I know, that was a while ago.

Then came the AFL and the Boston Patriots. Attended the first ever AFL game at Nickerson Field at BU. I slowly transitioned into a fan of both teams, and that is where I am today.

I will admit, over the last 12 years the Pats are my #1, but Giants remain a close second. The game will also be close and enjoyable. I also really like those ads at $3.5mm for 30 seconds.

R2B

john60ri 01-29-2012 09:27 PM

The Game

I'm with RESIDENT 2B. The Patriots are the home team now. When I was a kid, the Giants were the home team. Hoping for a close, exciting game. Nothing worse than a SuperBowl blowout.

SIKSUKR 01-30-2012 10:15 AM

In his house

I like the fact that Brady will be using Peytons locker as the Pats are the home team.Brady 4..Mannings 2.

sa meredith 01-30-2012 10:36 AM

correction

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 175228)
I like the fact that Brady will be using Peytons locker as the Pats are the home team.Brady 4..Mannings 1.

The "brothers goober" have 2...1 each. Just sayin'....

RailroadJoe 01-30-2012 12:42 PM

Can I vote twice? The Giants don't have enough votes.

Happy Gourmand 01-30-2012 12:56 PM

Espn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 175197)
ESPN is 3 miles from from my house. Somehow we can intercept all the sub-electrolysis broadcasts from their deep dish reverse network, informing us of all the subcutaneous info. Take it to the bank, Giants 24, Patriots 15.:coolsm:

I think the microwaves from their dishes are permeating the red corpuscles of your brain!:laugh::laugh:

SIKSUKR 01-30-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa meredith (Post 175234)
The "brothers goober" have 2...1 each. Just sayin'....

Thanks.This goober is in full on space mode.:laugh:I guess I've still been trying to block that last one out.

rander7823 01-30-2012 04:25 PM

Wasn't that the Super Bowl Yesterday

Well it looked like what football will be like after the Bradifcation of the league is finished. No tackling the QB because Little Tommy Boy might break a nail and don't think of touching WR .....they can only touch the DBs..You know like that push off by Branch against the Broncos....I know the Pats would have won that game anyways. And what ever happened to if the ball hitting the ground it not being a catch... Gronk....if he is such throw back he wouldn't have counted that TD either.

Go Giants......

hazelnut 01-30-2012 04:26 PM

Pats in a close one

Pats 30 - Giants 26. Take it to the bank. :D

Bear247 01-30-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 175262)
Well it looked like what football will be like after the Bradifcation of the league is finished. No tackling the QB because Little Tommy Boy might break a nail and don't think of touching WR .....they can only touch the DBs..You know like that push off by Branch against the Broncos....I know the Pats would have won that game anyways. And what ever happened to if the ball hitting the ground it not being a catch... Gronk....if he is such throw back he wouldn't have counted that TD either.

Go Giants......

Its funny that the rule about not touching WR's down field, was put in because the Patriots D was to rough on the Colts Wr's. back a few years ago.....

sa meredith 01-30-2012 07:39 PM

break this!

Quote:

Go Giants......

Yeah, he might break a nail....or, maybe one of his three Super Bowl trophies, or perhaps one of his two league MVP trophies, perhaps a plaque marking the occsion of throwing the most TD passes in a single season ever, or an award as the quarterback who has won the most post season games in his career (with several still left). yeah, you're right...he wouldn't want to break any of those things.
Pats in a cake a walk. Brady throws for 275, 2TDs, and wins another SB MVP. Brother goober throws multiple picks, and let's the D down.
"Aw shucks, Pa"

Pineedles 01-30-2012 08:19 PM

The Brady record

He threw for 4,000,000 yards last year! He was 99.99999999% for completions, last year. Yea Brady is a phenom, but what really matters is, what is his puss going to look like (and Kraft's), when he walks off the field beaten, by the GMen AGAIN?:laugh::laugh:

CrawfordCentury 01-31-2012 01:03 AM

Will come down to who dictates to whom.

I'll go out on a limb and say 31-23, with a late NYG TD to make it interesting.

Gotta wonder what this game's allure is outside the i95 corridor.

trfour 01-31-2012 01:53 AM

Coast To Coast And Around The World

Press conference in Indy.

From Patriots.com; http://www.patriots.com/media-center...a-2269882f6300

Coach and Team working together!

Terry

trfour 01-31-2012 02:57 AM

I Guess We'll All Find Out, Come Sunday

GOOOO Pats!!

Tom Brady's stats; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady

Terry
__________________________________________________ ____

AC2717 01-31-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Go Giants......

Actually these rules were put in place, after the season that Peyton Manning and Indy did nothing but complain about how the other successful teams played them. Look it up. Especially when they played NE.
Peyton was the leader in this campaign

AC2717 01-31-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Go Giants......

SAme could be said of the helmut catch 4 years ago, landed on helmut hands on top of the ball not around, it, ball hits the ground while still on helmut, not a catch plain and simple, watch the replays

AC2717 01-31-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Go Giants......

again, watch the replay, his hands, unlike the helmut catch, were around the ball and under them, the ball did not touch the ground. I had to watch it a couple of times, but it is there.

Jonas Pilot 01-31-2012 10:21 AM

I have seen the so called helmet catch replay dozens of times and each and every time it was called a completion. Go figure.

Winni-Retired 02-01-2012 08:03 AM

Patriot and NE Patriot Fan

I received this from my son serving in Afghanistan .. this morning

http://www.dvidshub.net/video/135504...patrick-darcey

<iframe width="500" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border: none; overflow: hidden; width: 500px; height: 300px;" allowtransparency="true" src="http://www.dvidshub.net/video/embed/135504"></iframe>

SteveA 02-01-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot (Post 175311)
I have seen the so called helmet catch replay dozens of times and each and every time it was called a completion. Go figure.

The "catch" was a catch, no question in my mine. BUT, when you watch the wide angle view of the entire play, there are a number of holding calls that could have been called against the Giants... just saying.

Look at the "scum" at the 15-17 second mark of the video. Again, it could have been called, but that is probably true of ANY "busted play" pass in any game. Just Saying... ;);)

Yes, I'm fully prepared for the grief I'll take for this post. :):)

AC2717 02-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 175374)
The "catch" was a catch, no question in my mine. BUT, when you watch the wide angle view of the entire play, there are a number of holding calls that could have been called against the Giants... just saying.

Look at the "scum" at the 15-17 second mark of the video. Again, it could have been called, but that is probably true of ANY "busted play" pass in any game. Just Saying... ;);)

Yes, I'm fully prepared for the grief I'll take for this post. :):)

I do agree with you and the call is the call, and you have to live with it,
lets us not forget that there were a pass or two after that that made the touchdown, not that play, so defense broke down after that, which is what blew me out of the water more than the catch

upthesaukee 02-01-2012 11:04 AM

And the TV commentators say

When there are that many missed calls, the commentators say "It's nice to see the refs letting the boys play." :rolleye1:

rander7823 02-01-2012 11:36 AM

You forgot

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa meredith (Post 175274)
Yeah, he might break a nail....or, maybe one of his three Super Bowl trophies, or perhaps one of his two league MVP trophies, perhaps a plaque marking the occsion of throwing the most TD passes in a single season ever, or an award as the quarterback who has won the most post season games in his career (with several still left). yeah, you're right...he wouldn't want to break any of those things.
Pats in a cake a walk. Brady throws for 275, 2TDs, and wins another SB MVP. Brother goober throws multiple picks, and let's the D down.
"Aw shucks, Pa"

He might get his UGGS dirty.....At least Eli doesn't look like a soccer player begging for a yellow card every time het gets hit.

Giants 27 Pats 20
This score wins the Super Bowl Grid I am in also

Dave R 02-01-2012 12:34 PM

The Pats are going down, here's why

The Giants have been the hottest team in football over the last month. They've won five straight games. The Patriots have only won 10 straight.

The Patriots were lucky to get here. Lee Evans dropped that pass that Sterling Moore ferociously ripped out of his hands, which was pure luck. Kyle Williams letting a punt he had no intention of returning graze off his knee? Typical great clutch play by the G-Men.

Eli Manning is more than just Brady's equal. You can't spell “elite” without him. He's the winningest winner that's ever won. He LOVES taking sacks. Can't be intimidated. He never forces a bad throw and laughs in the face of a pass rush. His legend grows like William Wallace's. He's 7 feet tall. Kills men by the hundreds. He'll consume New England with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Brady? You can pressure him. Put him on the ground. He doesn't like to get hit. He gets rattled. Don't let the fact that that's been everyone's game plan for the last 11 years, three Super Bowl wins, two MVP seasons and last two weeks of playoff wins make you think it doesn't work.

Brady's played gawdawful in the playoffs, if you take away that unworldly, record-breaking job against Denver. And you must take it away. It doesn't count.

The Patriots looked terrible in some of their games, including that one they barely won in Washington. Sure, the Redskins beat the Giants by two touchdowns twice, but that's erroneous.

The Giants defensive front four are an irresistible force, as unblockable as a tsunami. There is no hope of stopping them with the Pats' measly three Pro Bowlers and best blocking tight end in the league.

The Giants can pound the ball with Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs. Don't get sidetracked by that whole “last in the NFL in rushing” thing.

Rob Gronkowski is missing practices and that's going to cost New England in a big way. Hakeem Nicks (336 yards, 4 TDs in the playoffs) is missing practices, but he'll be fine.

The Giants completely shut down the Patriots offense in Week 9. Besides those 17 points the Pats scored in the fourth quarter once they quit worrying about max-protecting Brady, spread New York out and played their own game.

Devin McCourty might have had a great rookie year but this year he's been a disaster so they had to move him to safety. Antrel Rolle was great as a rookie then was a disaster and had to be moved to safety. But that doesn't count, either.

Eli will shred New England's secondary, which was 31st in the league. Brady has no chance against New York's secondary, which was a whopping 29th.

Coughlin's superhuman brain operates on a plane of existence the human mind cannot comprehend. Don't let all those annual demands he be fired that fill the New York tabloids distract you from the truth that he's the greatest football intellect since the first coach ever crawled out of the primordial ooze and learned to walk on land. Besides, what does Bill Belichick know about winning big games?

Abandon all hope, ye who enter this weekend. I know I have. Now finally I can relax and have fun with the game.

full article here: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/fo...-patriots-fans

AC2717 02-01-2012 12:42 PM

Dave one question
Howcome these things will hurt the pats, but not the Giants for the same exact things

I think you are way too much of a homer here

SImple Example:
Giants record in the deplorable NFC 7-7
made the plyoffs

hazelnut 02-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 175390)
The Giants have been the hottest team in football over the last month. They've won five straight games. The Patriots have only won 10 straight.
[/URL]

HUH? :confused: And this favors who?

HAHAHAHA Just re-read the article. Duh. It's tongue in cheek. I thought for a second it was a serious article.

hilltopper 02-01-2012 12:59 PM

Uhhhh..... Going out on a limb here but I think Dave R is being sarcastic. :D

Dave R 02-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 175391)
Dave one question
Howcome these things will hurt the pats, but not the Giants for the same exact things

I think you are way too much of a homer here

SImple Example:
Giants record in the deplorable NFC 7-7
made the plyoffs

Tongue in cheek. ;)

AC2717 02-01-2012 02:05 PM

Well Now I feel sheepish LOL

Problem was it was making me sick to my stomach to read it and stopped about less than halfway through it LOL

ClosetExtrovert 02-01-2012 02:46 PM

Who cares?

As long as Brady poses for the camera. He's good at that. Eli's not so pretty, but you can't rattle him.

Here's to Brady spending most of the game under a pile of sweaty fat guys!!

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:::Running really fast out of Patriots territory::::

Oh...and I hope you all have a great time watching the game Sunday!! I have to say, it's much less stressful and fun when one of my teams isn't playing.

SteveA 02-01-2012 04:01 PM

Thanks Don

Not for nothin... but this is a great thread!

Thanks to all, lots of fun and helps kill the "waiting" until Sunday!

One thing I really miss, having just retired, is the office "squares" game. I found this one online, but I don't know whether there is time to sell it out.

http://100boxes.com/

SteveA 02-01-2012 07:04 PM

Gotta love this...

1 Attachment(s)
Prediction? Some little kids are so smart! :laugh:

Attachment 5756

Pineedles 02-01-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 175430)

Attachment 5756

Ohhhhhhh you are going to take soooooooooooo much abuse after the GAME.:laugh::laugh:

Bear Island South 02-01-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClosetExtrovert (Post 175404)
Here's to Brady spending most of the game under a pile of sweaty fat guys!!

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready Tom they are coming for you!

http://youtu.be/iWLh8xHNUhQ

Lucky1 02-02-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy (Post 175195)
One of the reasons I think the Pats will crush the Giants is that the Giants have won 3 out of the last 4...Bill is not going to let it happen again. Besides they still have a bad taste in there mouth from the last time they played.Pats will be hungrier and it will show on the scoreboard.You are right Eli has had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks this year, but I just don't see it happening again.

I am pretty certain that the Patriots will not crush the Giants but am praying that Gronk can play and the Pats can win in a real SQUEAKER. That is my heart talking. My head thinks that if I were a betting woman, the Giants might get my money though never would they have my heart. My hopes and my heart are with the Pats. My head seems to think that the Giants might be able to beat us but hope my head is wrong!

AC2717 02-02-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear Island South (Post 175444)
Get ready Tom they are coming for you!

http://youtu.be/iWLh8xHNUhQ

What is ironic about this, is with all that highlight film, they still put a lot of points on the board, and Brady had pretty good yards, and yes they still lost the game, but that was defense.
I do not believe this will be the case this year, I think Bellicheck will have something for the Giants D-line this year

now our defense, we have to make sure they show up

SteveA 02-02-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 175433)
Ohhhhhhh you are going to take soooooooooooo much abuse after the GAME.:laugh::laugh:

"nothing ventured, nothing gained" :rolleye1:

sa meredith 02-02-2012 10:43 AM

????

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 175433)

Do you know if someone will be available to help brother goober tie his shoes before the game?
And cut up his "big boy" breakfast for him?
"Aw shucks, PA"

Pineedles 02-02-2012 12:01 PM

While at Michigan..."At one point, Brady hired a sports psychologist to help him cope with frustration and anxiety and even considered transferring to Cal."

Oh poor baby. Can't wait to see how many shrinks he'll need after Sunday.:laugh:

sa meredith 02-02-2012 12:10 PM

a few

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 175473)
While at Michigan..."At one point, Brady hired a sports psychologist to help him cope with frustration and anxiety and even considered transferring to Cal."

Oh poor baby. Can't wait to see how many shrinks he'll need after Sunday.:laugh:

I would imagine several...one would think he will have a big head, after Sunday...
2 League MVPs
2 SB MVPs
4 SBs
Greatest QB to ever play in the NFL
Yeah, PN, you're right. My guess is that he will indeed need several shrinks after Sunday...to help deal with that type of success. Very good point by you!
Very astute (that means "smart"...in case brother goober is reading this)

Pineedles 02-02-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa meredith (Post 175474)
I would imagine several...one would think he will have a big head, after Sunday...
2 League MVPs
2 SB MVPs
4 SBs
Greatest QB to ever play in the NFL
Yeah, PN, you're right. My guess is that he will indeed need several shrinks after Sunday...to help deal with that type of success. Very good point by you!
Very astute (that means "smart"...in case brother goober is reading this)

Oh he'll have a swollen noggin on sunday alright, but it will be because of being sacked multiple times by the Gmen D.:laugh:

Lucky1 02-02-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 175430)

Attachment 5756

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!!! I love it.

Lucky1 02-02-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 175466)
What is ironic about this, is with all that highlight film, they still put a lot of points on the board, and Brady had pretty good yards, and yes they still lost the game, but that was defense.
I do not believe this will be the case this year, I think Bellicheck will have something for the Giants D-line this year

now our defense, we have to make sure they show up

This is true. In some past games our defense was very week indeed. Hope they do well this weekend though.

Lucky1 02-02-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 175390)

The Patriots were lucky to get here. Lee Evans dropped that pass that Sterling Moore ferociously ripped out of his hands, which was pure luck. Kyle Williams letting a punt he had no intention of returning graze off his knee? Typical great clutch play by the G-Men.

Eli Manning is more than just Brady's equal. You can't spell “elite” without him. He's the winningest winner that's ever won. He LOVES taking sacks. Can't be intimidated. He never forces a bad throw and laughs in the face of a pass rush. His legend grows like William Wallace's. He's 7 feet tall. Kills men by the hundreds. He'll consume New England with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Brady? You can pressure him. Put him on the ground. He doesn't like to get hit. He gets rattled. Don't let the fact that that's been everyone's game plan for the last 11 years, three Super Bowl wins, two MVP seasons and last two weeks of playoff wins make you think it doesn't work.

Brady's played gawdawful in the playoffs, if you take away that unworldly, record-breaking job against Denver. And you must take it away. It doesn't count.

The Patriots looked terrible in some of their games, including that one they barely won in Washington. Sure, the Redskins beat the Giants by two touchdowns twice, but that's erroneous.

The Giants defensive front four are an irresistible force, as unblockable as a tsunami. There is no hope of stopping them with the Pats' measly three Pro Bowlers and best blocking tight end in the league.

The Giants can pound the ball with Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs. Don't get sidetracked by that whole “last in the NFL in rushing” thing.

Rob Gronkowski is missing practices and that's going to cost New England in a big way. Hakeem Nicks (336 yards, 4 TDs in the playoffs) is missing practices, but he'll be fine.

The Giants completely shut down the Patriots offense in Week 9. Besides those 17 points the Pats scored in the fourth quarter once they quit worrying about max-protecting Brady, spread New York out and played their own game.

Devin McCourty might have had a great rookie year but this year he's been a disaster so they had to move him to safety. Antrel Rolle was great as a rookie then was a disaster and had to be moved to safety. But that doesn't count, either.

Eli will shred New England's secondary, which was 31st in the league. Brady has no chance against New York's secondary, which was a whopping 29th.

Coughlin's superhuman brain operates on a plane of existence the human mind cannot comprehend. Don't let all those annual demands he be fired that fill the New York tabloids distract you from the truth that he's the greatest football intellect since the first coach ever crawled out of the primordial ooze and learned to walk on land. Besides, what does Bill Belichick know about winning big games?

Abandon all hope, ye who enter this weekend. I know I have. Now finally I can relax and have fun with the game.

full article here: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/fo...-patriots-fans

What a wonderfully side splitting funny post. I do not remember laughing so hard in all of my years. I am going to try to sent it to other friends. Thanks.

alsadad 02-02-2012 07:32 PM

Prediction

On Friday Lucas Oil Stadium collapses into a heap of brick and rubble. Some sources attribute the collapse to an isolated earthquake while others insist that Vince Wilfork tripped and fell down in the parking lot. The NFL scours the nation, but every possible venue is booked except for the field at Lakes Region High School. The teams immediately depart for Laconia Airport. Unfortunately the planes are diverted to Manchester due to their size and the players arrive in Meredith late Saturday evening after a 2 hour bus ride only to find that all of the hotels are filled with people attending the Pond Hockey Classic.

On Sunday, in a hastily devised pre-game ceremony, that oompah band that rides the trailer in the Center Harbor 4th of July parade performs the national anthem (that’s two gigs for the band this year!), Mr. Flyguy swoops in for the flyover, and Mr. and Mrs. Skydive parachute into the stadium carrying an American flag.

NBC doesn’t have time to relocate its camera crews and equipment, but the day is saved when APS agrees to snap still photos of each play and Don posts them on the Forum just as quickly as possible for the nation to watch. Unfortunately, APS only brings his super-telephoto lens. Consequently, it appears that Patrick Chung is sticking his finger up Eli’s nose on every Giants offensive play, every Brady pass seems to travel a mere six inches to a wide open Wes Welker, and every kickoff looks like 22 GFBLs violating the 150’ rule in Braun Bay.

Despite all of the challenges, it’s a magnificent spectacle. The game comes down to a Gostkowski field goal attempt with 3 seconds left and the score tied at 82. The snap is back, the hold is good, the kick is up, and… OMG -- streakers!! Suddenly a fair-minded group of fans clad in Giants jerseys storm the field in a vain attempt to prevent the disruption. In the mistaken assumption that the Giants fans are attempting to disrupt the kick, an even larger group of Pats fans charge the Giants fans. In the mayhem, the game officials are trampled, the players are reduced to trembling blobs of jelly by the sight of these hardy NH folk charging at them, and no one witnesses the field goal attempt. Roger Goodell dashes on to the field from the improvised Commissioner’s box (the back seat of a partially restored 1935 DeSoto) and snatches the camera from APS in a frantic effort to ascertain the path of the kick but discovers, alas, that the camera was focused on, shall we say, the wrong ball(s).

The photos do prove useful to local law enforcement, however, and on Monday police arrest Les, Hazelnut and ClosetExtrovert (who knew?) for public nudity, disorderly conduct and ice fishing without a license. Before they can be tried, huge crowds gather outside the Meredith Police Station demanding a little mob justice. Realizing they have a significant security problem, Police stash the trio where no one will ever find them – the Obama campaign office in Dixville Notch. The entire debacle might have become nothing more than a bad memory, but Les snaps after just three days without access to the dollar menu and Samiam spots him at the Plymouth McDonalds. The aftermath is just too ugly to contemplate.

eillac@dow 02-02-2012 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My thoughts....

Attachment 5760

NoBozo 02-02-2012 08:04 PM

Just Wondering

With all the stuff going on in Washington..SOME have suggested that the politicians should just COMPROMISE and agree with Democrats. :look:

SO: Why can't these two teams just come to an agreement to "level the playing field" and be NICE to each other..and present a Super Bowl that everyone will like. Let's just work across the aisle. It's the right thing to do...Right..?? :D Lets compromise with the Giants. NB

WHAT: Was it something I said...??

rander7823 02-03-2012 09:34 AM

Shout out to Bill Belicheat

If you win make sure you destroy the tapes this time:laugh:

SIKSUKR 02-03-2012 10:55 AM

I'd like to thanks all you Giant fans

Can't wait to come back to this thread on Monday morning. After all the crap coming out of the Giants mouths this week and all the pundits picking the G men to win, I'm convinced more than ever of a Patriots win. There could have been no better scenario than for the Pats to watch and listen to all this nonsense for 2 weeks. Why would poke a sleeping bear?

Jonas Pilot 02-03-2012 10:59 AM

To prove your'e the badder bear.

surfnsnow 02-03-2012 11:28 AM

tom coughlins mug at the end of the game:eek:

ClosetExtrovert 02-03-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsadad (Post 175496)
On Friday Lucas Oil Stadium collapses into a heap of brick and rubble. Some sources attribute the collapse to an isolated earthquake while others insist that Vince Wilfork tripped and fell down in the parking lot. The NFL scours the nation, but every possible venue is booked except for the field at Lakes Region High School. The teams immediately depart for Laconia Airport. Unfortunately the planes are diverted to Manchester due to their size and the players arrive in Meredith late Saturday evening after a 2 hour bus ride only to find that all of the hotels are filled with people attending the Pond Hockey Classic.

On Sunday, in a hastily devised pre-game ceremony, that oompah band that rides the trailer in the Center Harbor 4th of July parade performs the national anthem (that’s two gigs for the band this year!), Mr. Flyguy swoops in for the flyover, and Mr. and Mrs. Skydive parachute into the stadium carrying an American flag.

NBC doesn’t have time to relocate its camera crews and equipment, but the day is saved when APS agrees to snap still photos of each play and Don posts them on the Forum just as quickly as possible for the nation to watch. Unfortunately, APS only brings his super-telephoto lens. Consequently, it appears that Patrick Chung is sticking his finger up Eli’s nose on every Giants offensive play, every Brady pass seems to travel a mere six inches to a wide open Wes Welker, and every kickoff looks like 22 GFBLs violating the 150’ rule in Braun Bay.

Despite all of the challenges, it’s a magnificent spectacle. The game comes down to a Gostkowski field goal attempt with 3 seconds left and the score tied at 82. The snap is back, the hold is good, the kick is up, and… OMG -- streakers!! Suddenly a fair-minded group of fans clad in Giants jerseys storm the field in a vain attempt to prevent the disruption. In the mistaken assumption that the Giants fans are attempting to disrupt the kick, an even larger group of Pats fans charge the Giants fans. In the mayhem, the game officials are trampled, the players are reduced to trembling blobs of jelly by the sight of these hardy NH folk charging at them, and no one witnesses the field goal attempt. Roger Goodell dashes on to the field from the improvised Commissioner’s box (the back seat of a partially restored 1935 DeSoto) and snatches the camera from APS in a frantic effort to ascertain the path of the kick but discovers, alas, that the camera was focused on, shall we say, the wrong ball(s).

The photos do prove useful to local law enforcement, however, and on Monday police arrest Les, Hazelnut and ClosetExtrovert (who knew?) for public nudity, disorderly conduct and ice fishing without a license. Before they can be tried, huge crowds gather outside the Meredith Police Station demanding a little mob justice. Realizing they have a significant security problem, Police stash the trio where no one will ever find them – the Obama campaign office in Dixville Notch. The entire debacle might have become nothing more than a bad memory, but Les snaps after just three days without access to the dollar menu and Samiam spots him at the Plymouth McDonalds. The aftermath is just too ugly to contemplate.

LOL!!! And we were sitting there in jail saying, "Man, that was FUN!! Let's do it again!!!"

sa meredith 02-03-2012 11:49 AM

2 days away

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 175480)
Oh he'll have a swollen noggin on sunday alright, but it will be because of being sacked multiple times by the Gmen D.:laugh:

Well...2 days away. I decided this morning, to make the drive from Exit 1, up to Moultonborough to spend the day on Long Island watching the Bruins at 12:30 and the SB at night, with my "summer people". Cruising up at 10, stoping at Guiseepis for a Bloody Mary at noon.
Anyway...Pineendles...I'm thinking of making a quick stop at "Camp Pineneedles" to place a Patriots flag on the entrance to your drive way. Watch for it in the spring...
GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RLW 02-03-2012 12:05 PM

Time is getting closer

http://i52.tinypic.com/2s8k8lh.gif The time is getting closer and I'm feeling that http://i54.tinypic.com/2rnkjzq.jpg has to be said at this time for the big G's. The only way they will win is if the Pat's have to many penalties. I go for the Pat's by 10 points, but no matter how it turns out, this thread and a good game will have made it fun an enjoyable game to watch.:)

Enjoy the http://i52.tinypic.com/zsju6w.gif and drink that makes the whole time great.

Pineedles 02-03-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa meredith (Post 175527)
Well...2 days away. I decided this morning, to make the drive from Exit 1, up to Moultonborough to spend the day on Long Island watching the Bruins at 12:30 and the SB at night, with my "summer people". Cruising up at 10, stoping at Guiseepis for a Bloody Mary at noon.
Anyway...Pineendles...I'm thinking of making a quick stop at "Camp Pineneedles" to place a Patriots flag on the entrance to your drive way. Watch for it in the spring...
GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm jealous! Too far a ride to join you, but if you decide to plant a flag be careful, there are giants in the woods. See sasquatch thread.:laugh:

SteveA 02-03-2012 02:44 PM

OK... time for predictions....

With all the "hot air" on this thread so far, (including mine ;) ) it's time to put your official prediction in.

I'll start. Patriots 27-21. MVP - Hernandez.

I'll collect up and list all the guesses @ 5PM. on Sunday and post them all back on this thread. Good Luck!

RailroadJoe 02-03-2012 02:59 PM

And with less then 3 minutes to go the Patriots try and run the clock out, again. Too bad, 1 minute left and , guess what, they do it again. Long pass for a touchdown and the Giants win by 1.

Bear Island South 02-03-2012 03:10 PM

Giants Defense will come up with a key turnover/score
NYG 30 NE 28

RLW 02-03-2012 03:17 PM

Let's see, I think it will be
NE 27
Giants 17

I'll probably kick myself asI really think the Pats will be higher than 27:)

MVP I don't dare to say as there are many that have the ability to make it if their number is called at the right times.

AC2717 02-03-2012 03:23 PM

Pats: 27
Giants: 24

Resident 2B 02-03-2012 03:51 PM

Pats 31 Giants 16

I hope it is closer, but that is what I think. I like close Super Bowls. The 2008 game was outstanding.

R2B

DickR 02-03-2012 06:54 PM

I think we need to lean on the lakeside towns' assessors to "review" the assessments of those posting in favor of that "other team from away." Surely their "view tax" ought to be higher, considering that Lake Winni is smack in the middle of NE and the "views" of the reviewed properties seem to extend all the way to (ugh) NYC.

miketerrain 02-03-2012 07:02 PM

Giants will Conquer N.E.

Giants are going to keep sacking Brady like a diesel train. Oh the humanity!!! Brady is a great Q.B, buts statistically Manning close.
Giants also have a better defense. I bet Victor Cruz will get MVP.
The only enjoyment you Patriot fans will get is from watching an over the hill Madonna performing during half time. Blaaahhh!!!
I have (2) $100.00 super bowl boxes to win, so wish me luck!
I'll be spending it in Laconia.

SAMIAM 02-03-2012 07:40 PM

Sorry Giants fans.........Pats will win by two touchdowns........Bill is smiling for a reason.

Pineedles 02-03-2012 08:25 PM

I will not waver from my original clairvoyant score. Giants 24, Patriots 15. Bet on it! I got the tip from a US Representative before they passed the insider trader bill.

Dave R 02-04-2012 07:29 AM

I am really pleased to see the Giants players running their mouths. I hope Edelman goes all Troy Brown on them on defense and gets a pick or two. Clearly, he's not a natural corner, but his history of being a WR/QB might give him the occasional edge in jumping a route. Also, by not being an natural corner, he's pretty much expected to allow completions regardless, so he might as well gamble now and then, especially since the safeties will be deep to prevent the big play.

surfnsnow 02-04-2012 08:01 AM

i think 45 - 10 pats win. brady mvp

RLW 02-04-2012 08:53 AM

http://i44.tinypic.com/1499wms.gif susurfnsnow, I just noticed that you are fairly new to the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. I like your high points for the Pat's.:)

sa meredith 02-04-2012 11:35 AM

Score

Patriots 31-14...Brady MVP...3TDs, 275, 1 pick
Goober...1TD, 3 picks, 210, key mistake late

Follett 02-04-2012 12:07 PM

Go PATS..... I was a long time Giants fan until I moved to NE about 10 years ago and the PATS have been on-fire since. Maybe we had something to do with it.......:D

robmac 02-04-2012 01:25 PM

Pats 31-27

SAMIAM 02-04-2012 02:41 PM

OK,That's it......I was trying to be nice but since so many of you Giants fans have been trashing our beloved Pats.......I'm calling for a major ,Denver style a$$whomping.
Brady MVP....Coughlin FIRED

bclaker 02-04-2012 07:03 PM

Another Sidelight to the Game

tuftsalumni.org
Super Bowl XLVI isn’t just Brady vs. Manning, New England vs. New York. It’s trustee vs. trustee, Jumbo vs. Jumbo, as the battle for pro football bragging rights divides the Tufts boardroom—and the Hill—for the rematch of the decade.

Pineedles 02-04-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclaker (Post 175593)
tuftsalumni.org
Super Bowl XLVI isn’t just Brady vs. Manning, New England vs. New York. It’s trustee vs. trustee, Jumbo vs. Jumbo, as the battle for pro football bragging rights divides the Tufts boardroom—and the Hill—for the rematch of the decade.

You're a former Jumbo?

bclaker 02-04-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 175595)
You're a former Jumbo?

Yes. Class of 55, Engineering. Are You?