Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mountain View Yacht Club (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14001)

fame22 05-10-2012 12:13 PM

Mountain View Yacht Club

For anyone looking for good customer service and reasonable prices to store your boat - DO NOT go here. They nickel and dime their customers and as soon as the economy started turning back around - started to give loyal, long-standing customers the boot. Find a much nicer, friendlier staff somewhere else.

SIKSUKR 05-11-2012 08:38 AM

Uh oh.Get ready for the first posting roasting.:eek:

NoRegrets 05-11-2012 09:15 AM

Boating is not a nickle and dime experience! BOAT - Break out another Thousand. Sorry you have had a bad experience.

Belmont Resident 05-11-2012 06:15 PM

Mvyc

Is run by Irwin marine. Irwin marine is know for being very expensive and as long as I've been comiong to the lake that has been the rule of thumb.

no-engine 05-12-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont Resident (Post 181811)
Is run by Irwin marine. Irwin marine is know for being very expensive and as long as I've been comiong to the lake that has been the rule of thumb.

Appears that current younger generation of Irwins, both Auto & Marina, is not what used to be.
We remember when that Gilford site was a marina with nice store and selling fuel and a line of boats and all rental docks, not condo ownership of dock.

Two dobys 05-12-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no-engine (Post 181827)
Appears that current younger generation of Irwins, both Auto & Marina, is not what used to be.
We remember when that Gilford site was a marina with nice store and selling fuel and a line of boats and all rental docks, not condo ownership of dock.

I remember the Fagans owned Gilford Marine, at one time selling wooden cruisers and then the Bayliner line of boats. Purchased a 22 foot Bayliner Cobra from them back in 82. Boat is still running today owned by another family member now. Never had any problems and always treated great by them

sum-r breeze 05-14-2012 11:18 AM

I have to disagree

Quote:

Originally Posted by fame22 (Post 181707)
For anyone looking for good customer service and reasonable prices to store your boat - DO NOT go here. They nickel and dime their customers and as soon as the economy started turning back around - started to give loyal, long-standing customers the boot. Find a much nicer, friendlier staff somewhere else.

We've been with Irwins for a total of 12 years. (11 at MVYC) Our winter storage is included in our slip rental fee for the season so I can't quantify a price for that. As far as service goes they are top notch with us. I had a stalling problem with the "Breeze" last Summer and called in to the office at MVYC for advise. Boat full of family...Saturday afternoon....around 2PM. The service manager (Rick Morin) answered the call and told me to pull into the gas dock. He got on my boat, listened to the engine, jumped back to his parts room, had the part in hand and installed on our boat in about 30 minutes. Closed my hatch and saved the afternoon. If I remember correctly the bill wasn't too bad at all. Service Service Service!!! I love Irwins, new generation...old generation......all of the boating business Irwins. They understand that the season is very short and want to get you back on the water in a hurry. That was just our latest experience with our favorite service department on the lake.:D

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back

NoRegrets 05-14-2012 01:48 PM

We have also been at Irwin's for 12 years. We are loyal customers so I will admit that my comments are totally biased!

SeaRay's are not cheap boats and we definitely feel Irwin's is a great service oriented family run business. The Winni Boating season is short but they are open year round at the Lakeport location. Boating parts, service, or marina facilities on the water are NOT cheap. They cannot offer Walmart or Internet prices. I often witness their service crew and parts department go beyond the call of duty for customers and have also witnessed the abuse that is sometimes hurled at them.

Nothing is perfect, everyone has bad days, and at times interactions fail. That is why there are options in life and many choices on where to conduct a level of business that is suitable to ones expectations. I have yet to have felt less than excited to be with Irwin's.