Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Member Statistics (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13754)

Rattlesnake Gal 03-23-2012 08:12 AM

Member Statistics

I really like the Statistics feature when you view a member profile. One thing missing from the Forum Statistics is our PhotoPost Gallery stats, along with a link to our galleries. Currently, other members have to click on the link that I submitted when I set up my profile, which can be found in my contact information. Is there a way to meld our PhotoPost profiles with our Forum profiles? That would be cool. Thanks in advance!

Cel

webmaster 03-23-2012 03:42 PM

Hi RG, The problem is that the Forum and PhotoPost are 2 separate systems provided by 2 different companies. Photopost does provide some integration with the forum but it's limited.

Both systems are commercial software packages that I purchased. Aside from adding plugins and other customization I can't alter the way they work too much.

Having said that, all the software packages that I use have had major upgrades recently and some additional integration may now be possible. Upgrading the site is a huge task since once I upgrade the Content Management System I then have to upgrade EVERY other package that depends on it. Doing that and getting everything working properly again will be a huge job that I'm not looking forward to. It will have to be done eventually but the new forum version 4 system is a complete rewrite and will be a little different than what everyone is used to. FLL won't be happy :rolleye2:.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Mr. RG on the Shakedown Cruise and I was so sad to hear about Mac. :(

Rattlesnake Gal 03-23-2012 04:23 PM

Member Profiles

Holy cow, don't change a thing! It sounds crazy complicated. It's not in any way worth this type of upgrade headache!!!

Hope we get this kind of excellent weather that we've been having of late for the cruise! :D

webmaster 03-23-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal (Post 178464)
Holy cow, don't change a thing! It sounds crazy complicated. It's not in any way worth this type of upgrade headache!!!

Don't worry, I'm going to put it off as long as possible until they force me to upgrade by suspending updates and support on the older versions.

BroadHopper 03-23-2012 06:55 PM

Upgrade

Webmaster: So it is almost like upgrading the server software, generally one must purchase a new server with the new OS and transfer docs and settings to the new server. Then point all the users to the new server and keep your fingers crossed. If all goes well you can shut down the new server.

Its a lot of work! As a retired information resource manager, I can feel the pain!