Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Winni Water Taxi?? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3258)

itchin for fishin 05-04-2006 09:24 AM

Winni Water Taxi??

Does anyone know if the Winni Water Taxi will be running this year? I was looking to book a charter but their link is not working. I heard they were "for sale" but didn't know if that meant they are ka-put.

valhala 05-04-2006 11:55 AM

winni water taxi

It used be docked near the Mount, down at Anchor Marine. I inquired while filling up at the gas dock last weekend (ouch), and was told that it was sold to someone who would be moving it to an ocean resort area.

Drummer Boy 05-05-2006 05:17 AM

winni taxi

I have bad news. Kevin McCarthy and his wife Sylvia sold the business over the winter and unfortunately the buyer has moved the business and the boat off the lake to another location

MWSP 09-13-2007 05:44 AM

I know Winni Taxi is gone but did anyone else run a water taxi service this past 2007 summer season?

WeirsBeachBoater 09-13-2007 07:47 AM

Not that I am aware of

I think there wasn't enough demand, that is why the "taxi" ended up being Winni Lake Tours. Why? Need a taxi?

Weirs guy 09-13-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater
Why? Need a taxi?

Whats the Sophie doing now anyway? She looks so sad just sitting there with no one to take her out, I stopped to talk to her this morning. :laugh:

WeirsBeachBoater 09-13-2007 05:47 PM

I think she went out this afternoon

Mount was chartered. I think they put her online for other public cruises. It is a sad time of year for her, mail contract is over. Mostly she sits at the ready in case there is a need for her. Soon it will be over to the shipyard for the winter nap.:(

Weirs guy 09-14-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Mount was chartered. I think they put her online for other public cruises. It is a sad time of year for her, mail contract is over. Mostly she sits at the ready in case there is a need for her. Soon it will be over to the shipyard for the winter nap.:(

OFF TOPIC WARNING!!

Any idea what the date the girls will be leaving us for their winter home? I like to prep the kids before hand so theres no "Aww, dad, where'd they go?" disappointments...:emb: God I hate this time of year almost as much as I love it.

SteveA 09-14-2007 01:17 PM

Still off topic..

[Weirs guy :God I hate this time of year almost as much as I love it.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way... I love the fall.. less traffic, cool evenings..etc. but.... I miss the summer nights... campfires and boating.

(Now returning you to your regular channel.)

SteveA

Mee-n-Mac 09-14-2007 08:30 PM

The Fall

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA
I feel the exact same way... I love the fall.. less traffic, cool evenings..etc. but.... I miss the summer nights... campfires and boating.

(Now returning you to your regular channel.)

SteveA

Hey I find the Fall campfires better than Summer ones, you appreciate the heat ! Also Fall boating at least equals Summer boating in that Capt B isn't as prevalent. Still it's reminds one that the end is near ... guess it means it's time to start thinking snow and ice.

Then again mebbe we could outfit Sophie and Doris as ice breakers .... ?

MWSP 09-17-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

I think there wasn't enough demand, that is why the "taxi" ended up being Winni Lake Tours. Why? Need a taxi?

No, I don't need a taxi :) An associate of mine was visiting friends at their Winnipesaukee island home, mid-August, and missed an important meeting. The excuse given to me was the water taxi had not arrived after a 3+ hour wait.

I happened to mention this excuse to a co-worker last week who told me there were no taxis operating on Lake Winnipesaukee this past summer. I searched the Winni Forum and bumped this old thread to see if any new business had popped up that I was not aware of.

By the way, this same co-worker said, "If they own a house on an island, they own a boat. They certainly don't swim to the island." I'm starting to think the water taxi excuse isn't holding water.:confused:

WeirsBeachBoater 09-17-2007 02:29 PM

Uh oh

Using the forum to bust a co-worker. I think that might be against forum policy? :laugh:

KonaChick 09-17-2007 03:43 PM

He probably just came down with winnipesaukeeitis...it happens! :laugh:

Weirs guy 09-18-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonaChick
He probably just came down with winnipesaukeeitis...it happens! :laugh:

Try leaving every morning for work. "Oh listen kids, you can hear the loons. And look at that sunrise! OK, in the car..." :(

GWC... 09-19-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWSP
No, I don't need a taxi An associate of mine was visiting friends at their Winnipesaukee island home, mid-August, and missed an important meeting. The excuse given to me was the water taxi had not arrived after a 3+ hour wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirs guy
Try leaving every morning for work. "Oh listen kids, you can hear the loons. And look at that sunrise! OK, in the car..." :(

The riddle is solved... :D

Why?

Because the associate's friend's island home is on Black Cat, Long, or Governor Island and the mode of transportation to the friend's home was the same as used in the commute to work.