Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Summer kickoff 2012 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14097)

CanisLupusArctos 05-25-2012 10:40 PM

Summer kickoff 2012

First of all, my apologies to the webmaster and my forum friends for being so aloof lately. What started as a website overhaul project 2 years ago morphed into a home overhaul project, learning woodworking, electrical, etc. It was great fun and the hallway with the guest bed actually looks welcoming now. Now with lots of sunny weather earlier this spring I've been outdoors a lot doing projects that have been too many years waiting (re-build porch supports, etc.) In my posts I call it the weather station but there's a regular ol' lake house here with all the same maintenance projects that go along with it!

So, Facebook has been my primary weather feed lately because it's so quick to issue an update and keep moving. Until such weather comes along that makes itself the star of the show! It hasn't been my intention to abandon the Forum for Facebook. I feel kinda bad about that. But you should see the house :).... actually you would have to know what it looked like before in order to appreciate it.... darn. Sunset Bob rescued me from workaholism last summer (many thanks to him) with a boat ride to go see bald eagles at their nest (and they were shy that day, but the growing thunderheads were not!)

Anyway... weather for this summer 2012 kickoff (Memorial Day Weekend) is looking like summer. It's been a few years since we've had so much warmth early in the season. The sun is reaching a max for the first time since around 2000-ish, which may be part of that reason. It went into its regular "decay phase" thereafter and bottomed out "to coals" 2006-09, and then started building its flames back up again. The three year bottoming out was unusual because it usually bumps right back up again. But at any rate, it did eventually ramp back up and is nearing a max again.

It is Friday night of Memorial Day weekend on the lake. After a cloudy windy murky day, the clouds are breaking at 11 pm and stars are coming out overhead. The wind has dropped off to calm, making a nice night for a boat ride. Temps remain in the 60s with moderate humidity this overnight, and it looks like we may reach 90 tomorrow. On the national map we see winter air is still out there, which means sooner or later we'll probably get thunderstorms. But otherwise we are expecting a Memorial Day weekend that has the feel of SUMMER.

Gatto Nero 05-26-2012 07:20 AM

Yard looks great, btw

Lucky1 05-28-2012 01:38 PM

Beautiful Memorial Day Weather

It is still lovely at 2:37 PM but starting to cloud over. Don't know if we are in for rain or not.

WakeboardMom 05-29-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky1 (Post 182779)
It is still lovely at 2:37 PM but starting to cloud over. Don't know if we are in for rain or not.

Quite a storm about 12 hours after you posted!

CanisLupusArctos 06-02-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto Nero (Post 182691)
Yard looks great, btw

Thank you! 1 man + hand tools, protein shakes, hamburgers, omelettes, and lots of water!