Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Mexican in Vineyard's location? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11753)

Overlake97 03-20-2011 10:36 AM

New Mexican in Vineyard's location?

Does anyone know anything about the mexican restaurant that is "opening soon" (according to their sign) in the former Vineyards location? :confused:

Winnigirl83 03-28-2011 08:28 AM

I drove by the other day and noticed the mexican restaurant sign is no longer there. Anyone have any information?

diz 03-28-2011 09:21 AM

It looks like the sign that was set up near the street is hung on the doors now.

valhala 03-28-2011 11:51 AM

Looks like sign on door says; "El Jimador" Mexican restaurant.
After an internet search, I found a company called Saymore Trophy & Signs has posted on website that they have been selected to provide signs for this new restaurant opening in Belmont, NH - May 5 !
Wonder if it is a chain ?

redc5 03-28-2011 05:00 PM

El Jimador is a popular tequila in Mexico

MarkinNH 03-28-2011 06:29 PM

I look forward to their grand opening, I wish it was earlier then May 5th but I'll do my best to be patient.
I sure am up for trying some good authentic Mexican cuisine so I hope thats what their going to be offering.

Overlake97 03-29-2011 09:08 AM

Thumbs up for sit-down Mex

Good detective work Valhala! It would/will be nice to have a good, sit-down mexican place in Laconia. The one in the Weirs, I'm not even sure what the name is now (Crazy Gringo?), is OK but it's really more Tex/Mex and always seemed more like a bar where you could also get some mexican if you wanted to. Prices were a bit on the high side too, at least for what I usually ordered (shredded beef burrito, which always was pretty good come to think of it!). In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to checking out El Jimador. :liplick:

(Hey May 5th...Cinco de Mayo!)

Winnigirl83 03-29-2011 12:37 PM

Would LOVE a sit down Mexican restaurant, too.

BTW here's the definition of El Jimador (which is how they named the tequilla):

""El Jimador" is the name given to the experienced farmer who selects and cultivates the legendary and unique Blue Agave, Nature’s most precious gift to Mexico.

The man whose most very basic instinct commands respect for these plants, whose knowing eyes identify those, which after ten years of cultivation, have reached maturity, and whose strength and skilled management of his tools, bring the finest speciments to harvest. It is the fruit of only these finest plants which we use to produce this most excellent of Tequilas. We proudly name Tequila "El Jimador" in honour of these men, and we proudly present to the world the fruit of their labour."

Overlake97 04-30-2011 01:13 PM

El Jimador is NOW OPEN

I was shocked to see them open the other day, and went in for dinner on Friday (April 29th). In a word: Excellent. At any new mexican restaurant I usually get Chile Verde as a comparison dish, and Jimador's was as good as any I've had. They're a lot like La Caretta in Manchester, etc., but I think maybe better. The pork was perfectly braised, not at all fatty, and just fell apart in the verde sauce. Accompanied by pinto beans (not refried), the usual mexican rice, and some pico de gallo in a tiny tortilla bowl, the taste mix was well beyond what I had anticipated (I had planned to be happy with simply "OK," for this much needed sit down mexican place in Laconia). Their Pollo Poblano, my wife's choice, was also "quite good" (and I agreed), and we both also like their salsa. We asked for extra, as usual, in case we needed to ladle it onto the food, but that wasn't necessary.

At the moment they're still waiting for their liquor license, but expect to get it any day. Because the menu seemed more permanent and fleshed out than one would expect in a place this new, I asked the waitress and she said they have another location in Nashua (she thought). I've never seen that Jimador show up on Google, so maybe it's called something else.

The crowd for Friday night was pretty good, especially considering they had literally just opened the day before. When we arrived (early) about 5:30PM, there were about 6 tables (booths) filled in the left side of what used to be Vineyards, but when we left there were only about 4 still available. I'm guessing that in a few weeks we'll start to see waits on Fridays and Saturdays. :liplick:

JPC 04-30-2011 03:15 PM

Where exactly is this restaurant located?

Winnisquamguy 04-30-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPC (Post 155941)
Where exactly is this restaurant located?

On Rt 3 almost right across from Shooters.If you want to put it in your gps its
171 Daniel Webster Highway
Belmont, NH 03220

Rattlesnake Guy 04-30-2011 04:15 PM

This might help

1 Attachment(s)
http://todosquepaso.com/wordpress/20...es-el-jimador/

jetskier 04-30-2011 06:40 PM

Tried it tonight

We went there for dinner tonight. They have a large menu and much of the food was very traditional. The prices were quite reasonable.

They don't have their liquor license yet. We were told that they expect to have it in two weeks. It looks like they are going to set up a bar on one side; the other side is currently restaurant seating.

The food was fresh and very high quality. The service was fast and attentive. We will certainly be back. Please don't go there as I don't want to have to wait for a table. :D

Jetskier:cool:

Hermit Cover 04-30-2011 10:22 PM

Yum!!

:liplick: For a restaurant to be open only a very short time..this one is up and running like it's been there for a long time. Tonite at 6:30 the dining room was full. The menu is traditional Mexican and the food is fresh, flavorful, served hot, and well prepared. Lots of choices and plenty of reasons to back again and again. Was very pleased with the Camorones (shrimp) Cocktail...The wait staff is well-trained and hustles. Mrs. HC and I will make this a weekly stop ... YUM!!!!