Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Speed Limits (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Speed Limit Now Law (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10236)

AC2717 06-28-2010 11:16 AM

Speed Limit Now Law

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...2001542741423/

what BS, just in time to reap revenue from July 4th weekend

cowisl 06-28-2010 11:20 AM

Unreal. What a shame

OCDACTIVE 06-28-2010 11:22 AM

Feel good legislation with no data to back it up.

watrskir 06-28-2010 11:28 AM

Lynch just lost my vote in the next election!!!

Yosemite Sam 06-28-2010 11:32 AM

Governor Lynch for President in 2012....We need more leaders like him!

AC2717 06-28-2010 11:52 AM

I love the recommendation to look at two years of data, the first year comes and goes with very little results and they just pass the law without even waiting what they themselves recommended

Didn't the person who put forth this legistlation live on Lake Sunapee, interesting how there is no speed limit over there?

Lakegeezer 06-28-2010 12:01 PM

I applaud those that break this law, and wish my boat could.

Turtle Boy 06-28-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watrskir (Post 131341)
Lynch just lost my vote in the next election!!!

He just got mine.

tis 06-28-2010 12:03 PM

Ditto to all of the above except Turtle Boy's. I am very disappointed this law has passed. It is meaningless.

Turtle Boy 06-28-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 131346)

Didn't the person who put forth this legistlation live on Lake Sunapee, interesting how there is no speed limit over there?

Bet there will be one before too long. It's unlikely that other people on other lakes will want these lakes to be the dumping grounds for these loud and obnoxious boats.

Mink Islander 06-28-2010 12:14 PM

Enough already

This topic has been debated into the ground. The Governor's signing is no surprise. We all know there are differing views on this law and very little, if any, middle ground.

Let's just close this thread now and walk away.

Surely you all have better more productive things to do on a nice, but muggy, summer day than rehash this all over again.

pm203 06-28-2010 01:01 PM

Don't get upset. It is business as usual. It is not even enforceable. Even the Marine Patrol thinks its a joke. Just use your boat as you always have , safety and courtesy a must and you will not have any issues.

LIforrelaxin 06-28-2010 01:18 PM

Turtle Boy,

Why must you come in and stir the pot? This thread was started with good intentions. Can you not accept your victory with grace, and allow people to vent some. I don't mind a little sparing of words once in a while, and always engage in good healthy discussion when it is warranted. However right now sir you are just trying to hit people when they are already down. That is hitting below the belt and totally uncalled for.

Kracken 06-28-2010 01:30 PM

The biggest joke (that is really not funny) was the lack of MP on the lake this weekend. I logged about 6 hours on Sunday and did not see one. Fortunately I did not see a Captain Bonehead either, so it was a great weekend. :D

Coincidently, on the way to the lake I saw 2 speed traps before we reached the tolls in Hooksett.

pm203 06-28-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 131346)
I love the recommendation to look at two years of data, the first year comes and goes with very little results and they just pass the law without even waiting what they themselves recommended

?

Goes to show you what a bumbling bunch of incompetent fools we have in the house and senate. What a shame.

ishoot308 06-28-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracken (Post 131367)
The biggest joke (that is really not funny) was the lack of MP on the lake this weekend. I logged about 6 hours on Sunday and did not see one. Fortunately I did not see a Captain Bonehead either, so it was a great weekend. :D

Coincidently, on the way to the lake I saw 2 speed traps before we reached the tolls in Hooksett.

If you were anywhere near Smith Cove, there were more M.P. than I have ever seen. They must have been doing training exercises all weekend, maybe that's why not many were out and about. At least half dozen boats in the water just in the cove with two or three M.P. personnel in each boat!

Dan

Wolfeboro_Baja 06-28-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle Boy (Post 131350)
Bet there will be one before too long. It's unlikely that other people on other lakes will want these lakes to be the dumping grounds for these loud and obnoxious boats.

So seriously, does that mean if my Baja was as quiet as your boat, you wouldn't mind if I did 65-70mph?

As long as I'm asking questions, I'd also still like to have an answer from Sunset On The Dock of a question asked of him by Sman in the now locked "Irritating Loud Boat" thread. If the irritating loud boat that prompted you to start that thread had been an antique Garwood, Hackercraft or Chris Craft (or some other antique) instead of a modern GF boat, would you have been as angered by its' noise? All I want is an answer to that question, I DO NOT want to continue the debate that caused that thread to be locked.

Thank you.