Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Speed Limit QUESTION (Not a debate or opinion, just a question...) (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7967)

KTO 06-24-2009 06:39 PM

Speed Limit QUESTION (Not a debate or opinion, just a question...)

I tried reading the full law (in its full legal terms) and noticed that the law "expired" in January 2010. Does that mean it is up for debate again in 2010 and isn't a law unless reinstated?

Skip 06-24-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTO (Post 98299)
I tried reading the full law (in its full legal terms) and noticed that the law "expired" in January 2010. Does that mean it is up for debate again in 2010 and isn't a law unless reinstated?

Correct.

It is commonly called a "sunset" provision.

KTO 06-24-2009 06:58 PM

So is 2009 a "test period"? and will it come up for debate again next year?

Skip 06-24-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTO (Post 98303)
So is 2009 a "test period"? and will it come up for debate again next year?

It is in effect this boating season and next boating season. It automatically expires on January 1, 2011 unless or until the legislature votes to extend it again or make it permanent. They could do that during next year's legislative session or a new legislature could take action early in 2011 after it's (the law's) expiration but before the new boating season.

Treerider 07-09-2009 11:29 AM

So are there any numbers yet regarding the number of tickets issued for speeding? If they want to renew the law next year, they will need a good case! So.....how many have been whacked by the MP for speeding??

Not me as I avoid Winni after trolling season for Salmon is over and the "go fasts" appear...

laketrout 07-09-2009 11:38 AM

I do not know how the Marine Patrol can possibly enforce such a law- it must be a judgement call or if they around at the time as its a big lake to cover with many boats. I have seen a few go-fast boats zipping very fast across the broads and I was going close to 40mph. That is when the sun was shining...

jack1706 07-09-2009 11:57 AM

fine????

By the way,
What is the fine for speeding on the lake? anyone know? anyone received any yet? hope not... just curious.........

fatlazyless 07-09-2009 12:21 PM

"....strictly just a solution look'n for a problum"....so sayuth State Rep & Republican House Minority Leader, Sherm Packard, who is also a Sturgis, Nebraska, ....oops...make that South Dakaota.... motorcycle hall of famer......it's always a good time to party....speed limit...we don't need no speed limit....helmet...we don't need no helmet....sunshine....we don't need no.....whoopsie.....where's that sunshine?.....live free or die....which way to Beer Island? :D:laugh::D

Airwaves 07-09-2009 12:23 PM

The RSA does not provide for a fine so it appears that if you are given a speeding ticket you will be headed to court and the judge will impose the fine if found guilty. UNLESSS there has been an administrative rule handed down setting a fine that I haven't seen yet.

hilltopper 07-09-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treerider (Post 99317)
Not me as I avoid Winni after trolling season for Salmon is over and the "go fasts" appear...

Thermocline has set up. Trolling season #2 is about to begin! Seasin is FAR from over...

Alton Bay 07-09-2009 04:14 PM

Less,
Just have to ask, have you ever considered running for office? Clearly you do not care for the elected officials who are in Concord. Maybe you could run next fall and straighten a few things out.