Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Professional shirt laundering (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28740)

TCC 05-02-2023 11:02 AM

Professional shirt laundering

Does anyone know of a business in the Woleboro area that launders and presses shirts. I haven't had any luck on the internet, but there has to be something . . . maybe?

TCC 05-05-2023 04:06 PM

I presume the lack of a response can be interpreted to mean that nobody in the Wolfeboro area offers this service. Can anyone suggest a similar business nearby(-ish)? :confused:

tis 05-05-2023 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCC (Post 383226)
I presume the lack of a response can be interpreted to mean that nobody in the Wolfeboro area offers this service. Can anyone suggest a similar business nearby(-ish)? :confused:

Nobody launders locally that I know of but some places have pick up. Check Copy and Ship although I heard they might be closing too. There are a couple of places and I think that was one of them.

tis 05-05-2023 06:22 PM

Did you try the laundromat near the Harvest, TD shopping center? They might have a card on the bulletin board there.

FlyingScot 05-06-2023 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 383228)
Nobody launders locally that I know of but some places have pick up. Check Copy and Ship although I heard they might be closing too. There are a couple of places and I think that was one of them.

This gets an important issue--there is basically nobody you're going to be going to every week or two. Assuming you are "desperate", you need to buy more shirts. If you want one shirt for a special occasion, go to a website and buy a single shirt. If this is a regular thing, you need 40 shirts so you can bring in or ship 20 at a time. (Note that while it might be painful to buy dozens of shirts at once, it is not actually more expensive in the long run--you are still going to wear each shirt X number of times before you trash it.)

tis 05-06-2023 07:08 AM

There is one in Moultonboro-the Village Laundry or something like that. I don't know much about it.

BroadHopper 05-06-2023 07:15 AM

Dry Cleaners

There are two dry cleaners in Laconia that do shirt pressing and cleaning. Give them a call.

upthesaukee 05-06-2023 08:16 AM

Sanitary Cleaners in Laconia

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 383239)
There are two dry cleaners in Laconia that do shirt pressing and cleaning. Give them a call.

I go to Sanitary Cleaners on Union Ave across from the Irving gas station for all my dry cleaning. I have 3 piece tuxedos done, occasionally my pleated tuxedo shirts, and other dry cleaning. Erica and crew do a nice job.

I also believe they do drop off and pick up at "My Little Sewing Room" in Alton near the MacDonalds.

Dave

Descant 05-06-2023 03:59 PM

E & R Cleaners in Manchester does pick up and delivery to my sons office in Concord, and does laundry service for summer camps so they might have service in Wolfeboro. 1 (800) 243-7789.

Locally, three places where I used to get my shirts done went out of business when people worked at home during the pandemic.

BrownstoneNorth 08-10-2023 09:21 AM

Dry cleaning drop off & pick up in Wolfeboro

Branch & Bloom floral boutique at 35 Center Street, (603) 569-1347. Wednesdays & Fridays, with a one week turnaround, from Sanitary in Laconia.

TheProfessor 08-10-2023 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 383228)

This is about it. Unless going to Laconia or Rochester.

WinnisquamZ 08-10-2023 12:37 PM

Light starch on hangers. I remember wonderful those days

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

VitaBene 08-11-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCC (Post 383107)
Does anyone know of a business in the Woleboro area that launders and presses shirts. I haven't had any luck on the internet, but there has to be something . . . maybe?

I know you likely want to get yours laundered, but for the future Brooks Brothers and Joseph A Bank both have excellent "traveler" shirts that look good out of the dryer

Woody38 08-11-2023 06:06 PM

joseph bank

I bought many shirts and trousers from Joseph Bank many years ago. Many of the shirts are really wash and wear. I have one for unknown reason which always comes out wrinkled. I have not bought anything there since being bought by Gentlemens Warehouse. I would never buy anything from them, however, I do not need to purchase anything.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic