Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Dock Install Recommendations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29054)

Frdxplorer 08-22-2023 03:17 PM

Dock Install Recommendations

Forgive me, I thought I saw a thread about dock construction recently, but I am having a hard time finding it. Can anybody point me in the right direction? If there was no such thread, does anybody have any recommendations?

LIforrelaxin 08-23-2023 07:58 AM

More details are needed to properly recommend.... Like location, style, etc.

Watermark can handle most anything but they are very busy.....

Center Harbor Dock and Pier is also recommendable......However not sure they do permanent docks

Blyblvrd 08-23-2023 10:03 AM

I love Center Harbor Dock and Pier

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

The Real BigGuy 08-23-2023 12:14 PM

Temporary or permanent dock?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Frdxplorer 08-23-2023 01:08 PM

Thanks for the replies so far. Looking at temporary (crank up) dock and possibility of boat lifts. We are in the Wolfeboro area.

watrskir 08-23-2023 02:23 PM

Wolfeboro Dock Company

Wolfeboro Dock Company- 6039980305. Ask for Shawn.

ApS 08-23-2023 05:52 PM

You're Gonna Need Three Big Trees...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frdxplorer (Post 387054)
Thanks for the replies so far. Looking at temporary (crank up) dock and possibility of boat lifts. We are in the Wolfeboro area.

I'd suggest examining your shorefront for a suitable base.

A neighbor had a big concrete block poured for his crank-up dock, but apparently winter's winds caused the suspended dock to sway enough to break one side of the new base off. :eek2:

You'll need a big tree to carry the main weight of the dock. Locate the dock between two large trees so sway can be kept to a minimum.

If I ever replace my piling (permanent) dock with a crank-up dock, I'm going to attach the base to a giant boulder which is directly in front of the cottage. :coolsm:

DickR 08-24-2023 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 387066)
...A neighbor had a big concrete block poured for his crank-up dock, but apparently winter's winds caused the suspended dock to sway enough to break one side of the new base off.

Center Harbor Dock & Pier did our crankup back in 2014. Pulley for the cable is anchored to a large tree up 15 ft or so, with the winch below at shoulder height. The tree is nearly in line with the dock, so that worked well and avoided the need to pour a block. Although we don't get quite the wind the broads side of LI gets, they did provide guy ropes on both sides to keep side winds from working the frame back and forth, an otherwise long lever trying to break the shore attachment. When I crank the thing up late fall each year, I make sure to have those guy lines snug.

Leoskeys 08-26-2023 04:21 PM

Northeast Dock and Barge in Wolfeboro was great for us, we worked with Sean Sicard.