Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mini Mount fix up (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13860)

Fargo 04-12-2012 07:43 PM

Mini Mount fix up

We just want to reach out and see if there may be some volunteers interested in working on the Mini in the upcoming weeks. Some house keeping is in order and paint scraping needed. Anyone claustrophobic need not apply.

Wetbiker 04-12-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fargo (Post 179867)
We just want to reach out and see if there may be some volunteers interested in working on the Mini in the upcoming weeks. Some house keeping is in order and paint scraping needed. Anyone claustrophobic need not apply.

I am going to be around the next 2 weekends, Send me a message, I can pretty much do anything.

posas 04-13-2012 04:50 PM

Be glad to do what i can...know she needs some TLC.

cottonwood 04-13-2012 05:33 PM

I will be up all day Monday and would be glad to help. Send me a message and let me know if I can be of assistance.

Thanks

Misty Blue 04-13-2012 08:16 PM

Good for you, Fargo!

'Work'en every day for the next couple of weeks. I'm good after that. Now for the jobs needed.

Metal work needed? Electical? Where is she located?

We will see if we can help. Would love to!

Misty.

riverat 05-22-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fargo (Post 179867)

Fargo, How is the work on the Mini Mount coming along?

posas 05-22-2012 07:41 AM

Little bit of an update here on the "Mini". Been doing some cleaning, scraping, painting and some trim repairs. Have found that the enclosure can get quite warm on sunny days, especially if working on upper levels. Still working on getting things sorted out a bit. We hope to have an "open boat" sometime along and see if we can't get some organization going. Appreciate offers of help and will try to come up with some plan !

Jonas Pilot 05-22-2012 08:13 AM

It might be easier to get some help if we knew more about your plans for the Minni Mount. Will she stay on the Lake? If so, where will she call home port. Will cruises be offered. Will you rent it out for private events?

posas 05-23-2012 06:43 AM

The Little Mount Washington plans on spending her time here at the lake. Ideal setup would be to have her covered and on a lift, obviously a tall order and will take some effort to accomplish. The first task is to get her refurbished, another tall order.

bclaker 05-23-2012 08:06 AM

Based on my observations last Fall, when taking pictures of the cover erection, I wouldn't be much help, but I will try to get over to do some heavy looking on and maybe take some more pictures.

Jonas Pilot 05-23-2012 08:53 AM

I hope you don't mind me saying so but she's always been known as the "Minni Mount". Maybe bclaker can take closeups of some of the maintenance that needs a doin'.

bclaker 05-24-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot (Post 182434)
I hope you don't mind me saying so but she's always been known as the "Minni Mount". Maybe bclaker can take closeups of some of the maintenance that needs a doin'.

I'll try to get over today and take some pictures, but due t0 my handicaps, I won't be able to get inside.

Island Girl 05-24-2012 06:44 PM

Little Mount

I believe the original owner always called her the Little Mount. The sign is still on the house in Wolfeboro. I think lots of folks refer to her as the Mini Mount, but not the original name.

bclaker 05-24-2012 09:06 PM

Mini Mount Refurbushing Begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF25ilZSH2U

posas 05-25-2012 08:23 AM

Great job by bclaker on utube video ! Thinking about having an "open boat" event the weekend of July 4th, would do a couple of days, something like 10-1 pm, sat, sun. The date would coincide with the original launch of July 4th, 1995 ! If we got an idea of how many might show we could maybe do some refreshments. You could get an idea of what work is needed and we could coordinate some efforts.

SIKSUKR 05-25-2012 12:09 PM

Which weekend would that be? July 4th is on a Wednesday.:eek:

posas 05-25-2012 02:42 PM

Thanks for that note-would tend to go for the 7th, 8th, might still consider doing something on the 4th. With a few more replies we could get a better idea.

Fargo 06-09-2012 02:56 PM

sanding

We've been busy sanding, filling and more sanding. Got tired of sanding today so I primed a few areas. You really can't appreciate the quality of workmanship and attention to detail Mr Miller had until you get up close with a sander. They cut no corners when it came to the construction. My wife calls me every couple hours to make sure I haven't taken a nose dive off the ladder into the bilge. At least I think it's my wife...whoever it is sounds very pleasant.

Fargo 06-30-2012 06:04 PM

Boat seats

A bit of trivia, Jack Miller's son-in-law Dale, cast all the seats for the Barbie passengers in fiberglass. They look like the real thing as on the big boat. I think we have about 150 seats and passengers and there are still more in storage. Hot weather has slowed the restoration process. Doug washed the canvas covering the Mini's life boat today. One more project completed.

posas 07-03-2012 07:14 AM

Just a note to mention the Mini Mount's 17th anniversary July 4th ! A plaque has been made to go onboard, it reads as follows; Gilford NH, July 4th, 2012. The MV Little Mount Washington, affectionately known as the "Mini Mount" was launched July 4th, 1995 after seven years in the making. Built by Jack Miller of Wolfeboro, Ed Aleska of Ossipee and friends. Rescued in the fall of 2011 from Center Harbor by Doug Smith and Tim Lacey of Wentworth Cove Laconia. In tribute to Capt. John J LaPlante, MVYC, J14, the "Orion" (John was a retired airline pilot and avid sailor at Mountain View Yacht Club)

Fargo 07-06-2012 04:38 PM

Bow

Doug and I put some more paint on the Mini this morning. Did you know that Mr Miller's winter boat house wasn't long enough to store the boat. They designed ten feet of the bow to detach so it could fit inside. Pretty neat design.

barefootbay 08-19-2012 06:03 PM

Whats new with the Mini Mount? Is there going to be a launch this year?

Fargo 08-19-2012 08:12 PM

Fix up

Posas and I have been making some progress, still lots to do. Won't be seeing a launch this season. All the sanding and scraping of the small windows is taking more effort than expected. If it wasn't fun we wouldn't be doing.

riverat 10-10-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fargo (Post 189279)
Posas and I have been making some progress, still lots to do. Won't be seeing a launch this season. All the sanding and scraping of the small windows is taking more effort than expected. If it wasn't fun we wouldn't be doing.

Hi, Just wondering how much progress has been made this year?

Fargo 10-10-2013 06:55 PM

Fix up.

Posas and I have been distracted with a few other projects this year. New hatches and signage being done. Fresh start next season.

secondcurve 10-11-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fargo (Post 213408)
Posas and I have been distracted with a few other projects this year. New hatches and signage being done. Fresh start next season.

When do you think it will be out and about on Winnipesaukee on a regular basis?

Fargo 10-12-2013 09:29 AM

Secondcurve, not sure when the launch day will be, I don't see it happening next summer. We don't seem to have a schedule, needs to be fun and not turn into a chore.

Rolie 06-05-2014 12:03 PM

Mini Mount

It's been a while since this thread went dormant. I'm sure there are many others out there who are curious about the progress on the Mini Mount.
Any updates are appreciated.

Fargo 06-05-2014 05:27 PM

Update

Posas and I both had other projects last summer that took us away from the Mini. Hope to be able to spend more time painting and scraping this summer. I'd like to get the port side finished this season. Posas had a couple hand painted Mount Washington signs done with the same font as the original, looks fantastic. Need to get some more paint on the boat before we install the new signage. Stay tuned.