Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Area WebCAMs (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Downing's WebCam Alton Bay (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6972)

riverat 11-07-2008 09:08 AM

Downing's WebCam Alton Bay

http://64.140.201.230:4000/view/index.shtml

mcdude 11-07-2008 10:02 AM

I have the recommended version of Java downloaded...but then when I try to view this cam it tells me that my browser does not support java (???) so I'm unable to see this cam (bummer!)...anyone else have this problem? McD:(

If I click on setup it requests a user name and password...????

RLW 11-07-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 84197)
I have the recommended version of Java downloaded...but then when I try to view this cam it tells me that my browser does not support java (???) so I'm unable to see this cam (bummer!)...anyone else have this problem? McD:(

If I click on setup it requests a user name and password...????

I have the standard JAVA I believe at least that is what I got free off the site and it took a little time to download (web cam) but it came out good and it appears that work is being done to the dock as there is materials and workmen there doing work. I forgot to mention that it is a motion camera. I'm wondering if they are fixing it up so that gas can be sold there next season???:)

mcdude 11-07-2008 10:30 AM

OK...It has to do with installing Active X which I do not have the "authority" to do here on this computer. Thanks RLW.

GWC... 11-07-2008 12:17 PM

Just tried riverat's link ( http://64.140.201.230:4000/view/index.shtml ) and it works fine, although it took awhile to load.

Did not request an Active X download.

Steveo 11-07-2008 01:50 PM

Look at all the leaves that have blown into the dock area

shurbinator 11-07-2008 09:23 PM

Cams

The Cams at Downing's do not require ActiveX. I purposely selected cams that could operate independent of a specific Operating System (Mac or Windows). The Cams require JAVA, and Java is supported by Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. We also view the cams on our iphones! :)

Shurbinator

mcdude 11-08-2008 05:44 PM

well....first a pop-up appeared across the very top of the page that "suggested" I install "axis media control"...during this process I could swear it was an Active X thing (whatever that might be)...a little later there was another pop-up that asked me if I wanted to install "axis RTP source filter embedded" (whatever that is) .. I did both but still no luck, However, I am able to click on "snapshot" and see the view which at the time was Downing's sign and the top of some pine trees. Darn it all! I'd really love to see this cam. Thanks for your efforts shurbinator!

GWC... 11-08-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 84258)
well....first a pop-up appeared across the very top of the page that "suggested" I install "axis media control"...during this process I could swear it was an Active X thing (whatever that might be)...a little later there was another pop-up that asked me if I wanted to install "axis RTP source filter embedded" (whatever that is) .. I did both but still no luck, However, I am able to click on "snapshot" and see the view which at the time was Downing's sign and the top of some pine trees. Darn it all! I'd really love to see this cam. Thanks for your efforts shurbinator!

Which Video Format did you select in the upper left – Motion JPEG or MPEG-4?

If MPEG-4 were selected, the below appeared:

Quote:

Originally Posted by webcam
AXIS Media Control which enables streaming video in Microsoft Internet Explorer, has not been installed or could not be registered on this computer. To install or upgrade the
AXIS Media Control , you must have Administration rights on this computer and you must answer Yes
when asked if you wish to allow the installation. AXIS 207W can also be configured to show still images.
Click here to install or upgrade the MPEG-4 Decoder.

MPEG-4 Decoder, which enables streaming video in Microsoft Internet Explorer, has not been installed or could not be registered on this computer.
To install or upgrade the MPEG-4 Decoder, you must have Administration rights on this computer and you must answer Yes
when asked if you wish to allow the installation. AXIS 207W can also be configured to show still images.

This is the URL for that page:
http://64.140.201.230:4000/view/view...dia.amp&size=1

Clicking it produced a blank image.

If Motion JPEG is selected, the webcam image is viewable.

Try clicking the check mark (Video Format in the upper left) and then click Motion JPEG

mcdude 11-09-2008 03:58 PM

..ta..da!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for your help GWC..
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 84197)
I have the recommended version of Java downloaded...

...well.....duh!...apparently I did NOT have the recommended version of Java downloaded....now that it is downloaded I can see that it is a very nice evening in Alton Bay! Great Cam shurbinator!

nj2nh 11-19-2008 01:58 PM

Yeah! It opened for me. LOVE IT!

Thanks much for sharing.

nj2nh

Senter Cove Guy 12-14-2008 01:23 AM

WebCam Broken?

What's happened to this Cam? I can't see it anymore.

RLW 12-14-2008 09:20 AM

The whole town was without electricity for 2 days and just came on yesterday at about 3 PM and it probably needs to be reset.:)

Island Girl 12-14-2008 12:50 PM

More than one???

Quote:

Originally Posted by shurbinator (Post 84241)
The Cams at Downing's do not require ActiveX. I purposely selected cams that could operate independent of a specific Operating System (Mac or Windows). The Cams require JAVA, and Java is supported by Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. We also view the cams on our iphones! :)

Shurbinator

Is there more than one cam... if so... what are their addresses? I love the view... this is going on my www.rattlesnakecam.com/watch.htm page if you don't mind.

Thanks
IG

RLW 12-14-2008 02:36 PM

I'm not saying there isn't more, but the only 3 cams I know of is the Spencer cam of the public docks the new one at the gas dock at Downings and the East Alton cam. If there is other I to would love to here about them.:)
It is up and running now, but it takes a long time to pop up on the screen. Just sit and wait and the black screen will turn into a picture, that is you are watching in the daylite.

Piston 12-31-2008 04:59 PM

Nice office

Hello, I think the camera my be pointing in the wrong direction, I checked it today and it is aiming into the office, although I must say, it looks like a cozy office!:)

RLW 12-31-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piston (Post 86585)
Hello, I think the camera my be pointing in the wrong direction, I checked it today and it is aiming into the office, although I must say, it looks like a cozy office!:)

No not really. It's the time of the day you are looking at it. They have the lights on and it gives a reflection into the window showing the back wall of the office. The camera is inside the office and it picks up that reflection until the light goes off.:laugh:

Kings Bluff 01-02-2009 10:31 AM

There still is no ice at the mouth of Alton Bay. Too much wind I guess.
see www.winnipesaukeecam.com

shurbinator 03-02-2009 11:39 AM

Update to Downing's Webcams

It has been a while since I posted a comment about Downing’s Landing Webcam. We now have four cams set up at Downing’s Landing, Alton Bay NH.

I waited to reply until we had the cams set up on a webpage so you can view them all at the same time. The site has additional information about Downing's Landing and more will be added. Please look around and help us improve the website. Here is the address of the cam page www.downingslanding.com

If you have any suggestions for the webcams, and/or Downing’s landing website, please use the email address listed on cams webpage.

Please remember, Downing’s Landing webcams were purchased and installed by and for the Downing’s. They may be relocated from time to time – the images you see through the cams are the images the owners are choosing to view. Your thoughts are welcomed. :)

Shurbinator

natureboy79 04-08-2011 04:59 PM

cams are apparently not working....

fpartri497 04-08-2011 08:21 PM

downings landing cams

Quote:

Originally Posted by natureboy79 (Post 154193)
cams are apparently not working....

Yup I cant view them either :eek:

mcdude 04-09-2011 06:43 AM

Must have something to do with that OWL.