Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ice cream anyone (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20651)

GTO 05-24-2016 06:33 PM

Ice cream anyone

Just got word from a VERY reliable source that Jordons ice cream is going in right next to Funspot, where the mini golf used to be. Jordan's is located on 106 in Belmont. Great home made ice cream. Foundation is in and the owner hopes to be open in three weeks. What a gold mine!

Barney Bear 05-24-2016 07:53 PM

Crime de la Creme

We l❤️Ve Jordan's ice cream. We buy a dozen or so of their half gallon containers so that our guests can overindulge when they invade [visit] our place on East Bear Island. 🍨 🐻

8gv 05-24-2016 08:02 PM

That's much closer for me.

If it wasn't for this damn diet...:mad:

Irish mist 05-24-2016 09:46 PM

Are they closing the Belmont store on 106, or are they going to run both stores ?

Mr. V 05-24-2016 10:48 PM

Jordan's or Keller House?

Decisions, decisions.

Slickcraft 05-25-2016 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish mist (Post 262429)
Are they closing the Belmont store on 106, or are they going to run both stores ?

The Rt 106 stand is always busy, stopped at 3 pm yesterday and the parking lot was full with two good lines at the windows. Always worth the wait, got my black raspberry fix. Hard to believe they would close such a successful store.

Looks like the new store will not be ready for MC week, too bad on that count.

feb 05-25-2016 06:34 AM

Sad

I really had my fingers crossed that they were just spiffing up the mini golf holes when they removed all of the features. That is a major hit to my psyche that the mini golf is gone. Its indoors now but its not the same. Only memories are left I guess.

GTO 05-25-2016 07:03 AM

Keeping both

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish mist (Post 262429)

The Belmont location will still be open

joey2665 05-25-2016 07:08 AM

Pirates Cove

Quote:

Originally Posted by feb (Post 262447)
I really had my fingers crossed that they were just spiffing up the mini golf holes when they removed all of the features. That is a major hit to my psyche that the mini golf is gone. Its indoors now but its not the same. Only memories are left I guess.

Pirates Cove mini golf is just down the road from Funspot

feb 05-25-2016 07:37 AM

Cove .vs. Funspot

Yeah, Pirates Cove is OK, just not the same nostalgia as Funspot. Very few places where you can take your kids and do the same thing you did 40 years earlier. Plus it was $5 per player and no crowds.

We were playing once and the eldest owner was sitting nearby on the bench watching over the course. I walked up to him and told him how I used to love playing here as a kid and love bringing my kids. We talked for a while and then we both departed. He caught us on the 18th hole and gave us a bunch of free passes. He didn't have to do that and I was looking for it either. I just wanted him to know how much we all appreciated what he did to keep the course running. Very nice guy to talk to...

Descant 05-25-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 262420)
That's much closer for me.

If it wasn't for this damn diet...:mad:

Ice cream is medicinal. It cures depression.

Slickcraft 05-25-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 262431)

Decisions, decisions.

Make two stops: Ice cream - Jordan's; candy - Kellerhaus.

meredith weekender 05-25-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 262431)

Decisions, decisions.

There is NO decision here, Kellerhaus all the way everyday.

Greene's Basin Girl 05-25-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feb (Post 262455)
Yeah, Pirates Cove is OK, just not the same nostalgia as Funspot. Very few places where you can take your kids and do the same thing you did 40 years earlier. Plus it was $5 per player and no crowds.

We were playing once and the eldest owner was sitting nearby on the bench watching over the course. I walked up to him and told him how I used to love playing here as a kid and love bringing my kids. We talked for a while and then we both departed. He caught us on the 18th hole and gave us a bunch of free passes. He didn't have to do that and I was looking for it either. I just wanted him to know how much we all appreciated what he did to keep the course running. Very nice guy to talk to...

I loved the Funspot outdoor mini golf course also. You could learn a lot about NH on each hole.

dpg 05-25-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feb (Post 262455)

No crowds because it - well - stunk. :eek::eek:

Acrossamerica 05-25-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 262474)
No crowds because it - well - stunk. :eek::eek:

But it was cheap and it brought back memories of when the boomers who will sink the SS system could actually come to the lake and rent a see through the walls camp and enjoy for the price of several joints which they consumed on the porch along with a six of local cheap brew.
Now it is $8 a can tuna, designer beer and "mine is bigger than yours" boats.

Taz 05-25-2016 02:34 PM

Kellerhaus vs. Jordans

The only reason to go to Kellerhaus for ice cream is the toppings. Its certainly not for the ice cream. Only 4 flavors and not any better than what I can buy at the supermarket. Jordans all the way!

ishoot308 05-25-2016 02:56 PM

Have to agree with Taz...Jordans ice cream is hard to beat and like forum friend Slickcraft, my favorite is their black raspberry!:liplick::liplick:

Slickcraft 05-28-2016 08:18 AM

WMUR user poll - best ice cream

Again Jordan's is #1 in NH.
http://www.wmur.com/entertainment/vi...shire/39738554

Barney Bear 05-28-2016 08:53 AM

Special Orders at Jordan's

Jordan's will take an order for your special flavor and call you when it is available. 😋 🐻