Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Folk Music in Tuftonboro tonight! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13100)

Mr. Prop-B-Gone 09-24-2011 10:45 AM

Folk Music in Tuftonboro tonight!

The first open mic of the season is tonight at the White Church in Center Tuftonboro on Rt 109A, right across from the Center Tuftonboro General Store. There is no admission charge, although donations to defray the cost of using the church for the evening are gratefully accepted.

Any money left after paying the evening's expenses is donated to local charities. A non perishable food item to be donated to the local food bank is also requested, but not required.

The music starts at 7PM and runs till about 10PM. If you would like to play, you should get there around 6:30PM to sign up. Everyone does 2-3 songs depending on how many come to play.

But you don't have to play. If you like Acoustic Folk Music, you will definitely have a good time just listening!

This is good music in a friendly, informal coffee house atmosphere! The White Church is 1869 vintage, and hasn't changed much since then. Wood stoves heat it in the winter.

Whether you've been playing for years, or just for a few months, you will find a great audience that is there to listen. We've met lots of new friends there in the past year, and really look forward to going.

If you can't make it tonight, the schedule for the rest of this year is:

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday, December 10, 2011 - Holiday Celebration

Hope you can make it!

JDeere 09-25-2011 07:11 AM

Is there any chance of using this venue to bring in some small acts?

Mr. Prop-B-Gone 09-25-2011 05:15 PM

I'm sure you could do it. Natalie, who puts on the open mics, was booking acts like Bill Staines and Tracy Grammer last year, but said last night she has no plans at the present time to do more than the open mics this year.

You should contact Joe at the Tuftonboro General Store to find out about using the White Church. He's a nice guy and a great bass player, Backed me up last night!

http://www.tuftonborogeneralstore.com/

Tuftonboro General Store
150 Middle Rd. Ctr. Tuftonboro, 03816
hepx216@yahoo.com

Phone 603.569.9859

Tell him the guy with the Martin 12 string referred you!

BTW, Joe also runs a Country Music jam session every Wednesday evening.

secondcurve 09-26-2011 05:39 AM

I stopped in this year and it was tough. There was an old lady banging away on a keyboard singing I'm looking over a 4-leaf clover that I overlooked before. Ouch.....

Rattlesnake Gal 09-26-2011 11:18 AM

Thanks for the Events!

I have added them to Winnipesaukee.com's Calendar!

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1317053438

Tuftonboro Music Open Mic Schedule

Argie's Wife 09-26-2011 11:33 AM

What I learned at Girl Scout Camp...

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondcurve (Post 169335)
I stopped in this year and it was tough. There was an old lady banging away on a keyboard singing I'm looking over a 4-leaf clover that I overlooked before. Ouch.....

That's when you have to sing the Rover version of that song...

UCLA Fight Song - Rover
We’re looking over our dead dog, Rover,
That we overran tonight (all right!)
One leg is broken, the other is bent, And in his head, there’s a great big dent.
No need explaining the parts remaining
Are scattered all over the court[field].
We’re looking over our dead dog, Rover,
That we overran tonight!

U! (3 claps)
C! (3 claps)
L! (3 claps)
A! (3 claps)

U-C-L-A! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Mr. Prop-B-Gone 10-10-2011 07:03 PM

Folk Music this coming Saturday in Tuftonboro

Just a reminder (with a little advance notice this time) that the October open mic at The White Church in Tuftonboro is this coming Saturday evening, October 15. Sign-up to play is at 6:30pm, Music starts at 7pm.

There is no admission charge. Donations are gratefully accepted to help defray the cost of renting the church for the evening. Any money left after expenses is donated to local charities. It is also requested that you bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to a local food pantry.

This is a really nice venue to hear some great music! Come to play, or just to listen. You'll have a nice evening!

CateP 10-10-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Prop-B-Gone (Post 170232)
Just a reminder (with a little advance notice this time) that the October open mic at The White Church in Tuftonboro is this coming Saturday evening, October 15. Sign-up to play is at 6:30pm, Music starts at 7pm.

There is no admission charge. Donations are gratefully accepted to help defray the cost of renting the church for the evening. Any money left after expenses is donated to local charities. It is also requested that you bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to a local food pantry.

This is a really nice venue to hear some great music! Come to play, or just to listen. You'll have a nice evening!

I can't wait to come to this event when I'm living up in Wolfeboro. Sounds wonderful. If I practice some, I might even play;)

Rag Top Daze 10-11-2011 04:42 AM

A great chance to meet members

Mr. P-B-G and I look forward to meeting you there Cate. We'd love to meet lots of forum members there

Mr. Prop-B-Gone 11-10-2011 10:33 PM

Folk Music this Saturday!

The November open mic at the White Church in Tuftonboro is this Saturday, November 12. Come to play or come to listen. Sign-up is at 6:30pm, Music starts at 7.

This is a great place to hear some wonderful home grown music!

There is no admission charge. Contributions go to cover the expense of renting the church. Anything left over goes to local charities.

Hope you can join us!

Mr. Prop-B-Gone 11-12-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondcurve (Post 169335)

Actually, that is the kind of thing that makes this such a nice venue. At The White Church, everyone gets treated with respect. Unlike a bar, the audience is there to listen to the music. Regardless of their skill or experience, we listen to the music and applaud when they are done. While most of the performers are very good, some are beginners. But everyone has to start somewhere.

Remember, no one makes any money from this. We're doing it because we love the music. The church is a non-profit trust. The evening's rent covers taxes and utilities. There is no admission fee. Everything is paid through donations, and any excess goes to local charities.

So I hope you'll give it another try. And, if you are musically inclined, bring your instrument and do a couple of tunes!