Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Happy 15th Birthday Winnipesaukee.com (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10762)

martbri7 08-29-2010 09:04 PM

Happy 15th Birthday Winnipesaukee.com

Just saw the beautiful cake on the homepage of the website, was that cake done by Cake Boss???:D

Hopefully I'll be the first to start the next Birthday thread 15 years later...

Thanks for all the hard work Don!!!

-Brian-

upthesaukee 08-29-2010 09:23 PM

Happy Birthday

Congrats on 15 years of growth and service to the lakes region of NH.

Great job, Don!

trfour 08-29-2010 09:48 PM

Don Is The Best!

There are lots more than 15 years [ Story Behind The Story Though ] !
Truth be known and the cake is gorgeous, it was chosen to hold the candles!

Very AP-Par-Poe for some of us Lake Geezers over here! :)

Our Captain keeps us in tow, and I don't know anyone what could be in a better place!
Thank You Don,
Terry

ApS 08-30-2010 02:48 AM

"Guests"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 138577)
Congrats on 15 years of growth and service to the lakes region of NH.

Great job, Don!

Don told me at Forum-Fest-2010 that I was a "Charter Member". :D :look: :) :cool: :coolsm:

While that's "almost-true", it's been over 10-years ago that I signed-up.

On this same Windows "Millennium" computer—come to think of it! :eek2:

And continue to remember to buy items through Amazon/Winni.com to assist in keeping this forum "flush with happiness". :D

Speaking of "growth", has anyone checked the increasing numbers of "Guests", who are on-line—at any time—recently? :eek2:

On Saturday, the "guest-list" was three pages long! :look:

twoplustwo 08-30-2010 04:06 AM

Congratulations!

Here's to 115 more!!:D

Just Sold 08-30-2010 05:21 AM

15 Years and Growing

Congrats to Wininesaukee.com and to you Don. 15 years - wow!
From a small beginning this site has grown and touched many people throughout the world with the joy of Lake Winnipesaukee and the lakes region and it continues to grow.
Here is my wish for many many more to come.

webmaster 08-30-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martbri7 (Post 138574)
Just saw the beautiful cake on the homepage of the website, was that cake done by Cake Boss???:D

The cake was made by the Heath Supermarket and generously provided to the ForumFest by Rattlesnake Guy and Gal.

Meredith lady 08-30-2010 08:36 AM

cake and ribs

RG's cake and Vitabene's ribs...both so outstanding!!

Rattlesnake Guy 08-31-2010 08:58 PM

RG stepped way way way out of her comfort zone and let Heath have full artistic license. They asked if she wanted flowers and she explained a little about the site. She suggested they check out the site and use their best judgment. I was flabbergasted when the cake was picked up. They did a really outstanding job. I think someone at Heath went way up and above the call. You have to love this area and the people that make it special.

Happy Birthday Don. Your baby is 15. The teen years are always a challenge.

Skipper of the Sea Que 09-01-2010 07:30 AM

Don't talk with your mouth full...

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 138621)
The cake was made by the Heath Supermarket and generously provided to the ForumFest by Rattlesnake Guy and Gal.

We interrupt this conversation to EAT

The cake looked wonderful and what's more it tasted fantastic!!

I knew Heath's made it but did not know that it was orchestrated by and provided by Rattlesnake Guy and Gal. Thank you both

Thanks also to all who brought food to the fest. The ribs disappeared before I could even get a picture of them. :liplick:

And, "Thanks to Don" for 15+ years of providing a great web site. I vaguely recall the website from before the forums were added :) .

Waterbaby 09-01-2010 07:41 AM

Happy Anniversary to all of us!

Thanks to Don and everyone here for making this a great site! It's one of my nearly everyday go-to sites to start my day; here's to fifteen years and many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Rattlesnake Gal 09-01-2010 09:33 AM

Happy 15th Anniversary Winnipesaukee.com!!!

Rattlesnake Guy is right, I did step way, way out of my comfort zone by letting E. M. Heath have artistic license.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...m/100_4416.JPG
Photo from the Webmaster Gallery

I was positively blown away with what their team came up with!!!

This website really is the best...

I learned that Heath's had great cakes right here on the Forum when hancoveguy asked where he could pick up a birthday cake as soon as possible.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmo77011 (Post 130581)
Go to Heath's in Center Harbor. I got my daughter her First Birthday cake there, and people were blown away when I told them that I got it at a grocery store. It was beautiful...even had a birthday tiara on it for her....and they threw in the individual cake for her to eat (destroy) for nothing. It was a great cake, too. Not super sweet. Highly recommend them!

Thanks to Jmo77011, I chose wisely. :liplick:

Great information can be found here on the Forum, along with super terrific lake loving friends.

:cheers: Congratulations Don on the 15th Birthday of Winnipesaukee.com!!!

Best wishes for many, many more and thanks for all you do.

Ron's Fiberglassing USA 09-01-2010 09:57 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a great web site,, heres to many more...:)

The Real BigGuy 09-01-2010 03:26 PM

Congrats

Let me add my congratulations to the operators of one of the best run sites it has been my pleasure to use.

Keep up the good . . no, great work.

arthurc 09-01-2010 07:00 PM

Thanks, Don

Meredith lady 09-01-2010 07:18 PM

Thank you Don-for all you do!!

NHskier 09-01-2010 07:34 PM

Congratulations and many thanks to Don!!

I have found this forum to be a tremendous help as my family became interested in boating in general as well as specifics about boating on Winnipesaukee. I've learned so much through this forum about boating safety, navigation, the various marinas on the lake, places to go, and good places to eat. In fact it's hard to imagine having become a boater on Winni without this forum!

Rose 09-01-2010 08:19 PM

Congrats and thanks, Don. Good work.

Chris Exley 09-02-2010 09:41 AM

Thanks Don

Not sure when I joined, but I was here when the old forums were going. FLL posted a lot back then.

Love this site. Thanks Don for everything you do.

Pepper 09-02-2010 10:39 AM

Where else but here?

Where else but here could you find anything and everything you ever wanted to know about the Winnipesaukee area?

Wanna know what's on the bottom of the lake, find it here.

How about where to find great snowmobiling? Yep, you can find that here, too!

You'll also find a treasure trove of historical photos and info, reviews of hotels, restaurants, golf courses and gift shops.

You can find out the shortcuts to avoid traffic snarl-ups, as well as the best places to go birdwatching, hiking, wild flower hunting or moose watching.

If you need a car repaired, there's info about that. Need a dentist or a doctor, or perhaps a veterinarian? We've got that covered here, too.

Mystified by weather patters? You'll find answers to all your questions. There's even info about the Northern Lights, and various seasonal meteor showers!

Need advice about a particular cell phone or provider? Or maybe you you're in the market for a new laptop, whatever your tech needs are, you'll find the answers here.

You'll also find up-to-date info on everything that's happening in, on or around the lake, including theatre and musical entertainment, poker runs, craft festivals, car shows, fundraisers and moonlight snowshoe walks.

Perhaps you're stuck somewhere far away, and absolutely positively need to see your beloved lake. You're just a click away.

Whether you're a boater, hiker, skier, golfer, stargazer, diver, birdwatcher, gardener, snowmobiler, climber, photographer, or weather bug you'll find all the best advice on how to make the very best of your visit.

All this and much more can be found in this amazing place which has become a part of daily life for so many of us.

Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Winnipesaukee.com!!!!!!!

But most importantly, THANK YOU to our beloved webmaster Don, without whom none of this would be possible. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

tis 09-02-2010 11:21 AM

Yes, he certainly deserves credit for doing this for 15 years! I wonder if maybe that is a record for a webmaster????!!!! Can you imagine how much time and effort it takes! Thanks Don.