Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New to the forum, visiting soon and love good food (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19388)

Ronfrohock 06-22-2015 07:04 PM

New to the forum, visiting soon and love good food

Hi,
I just learned of this forum and wanted to know where we ca go on the lake that has good food and docks.
We will be visiting during the week of July Fourth. I don't know the lake or area and would like recommendation on where to go.
Seems like this should be a sticky......

pjard 06-22-2015 07:25 PM

Where are you staying? The choice around the lake are extensive.

That Guy 06-22-2015 08:52 PM

Can't go wrong with Lagos. Right on the water. Decent food. Nice area to walk around by Mill Falls.

Pineedles 06-23-2015 09:21 AM

Dockside dining will be extremely crowded on the Independence Day weekend. Just saying.:)

That Guy 06-23-2015 09:45 AM

Oh. Dur. There's that too. whoops. :emb:

Tired of Waiting 06-23-2015 10:06 AM

Let your fingers do the walking

1. At the top of the page click on the "forums" button.

2. Look for restaurants and reviews. Click on that and read away.

Lots of good info in there.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

ToW

upthesaukee 06-23-2015 10:56 AM

Bizer.com

Bizer, one of the map makers for Winnipesaukee, has a listing of restaurants accessible by boats. Please understand that due to the volatile nature of the restaurant business, it's accuracy can't be guaranteed, but is a good place to start. Then search the forums for a restaurant review.

Airedale1 06-23-2015 11:33 AM

For lunch or dinner The Lyons Den in Gilford is a great dock and dine destination. Very good food and service.

webmaster 06-23-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 247302)
Bizer, one of the map makers for Winnipesaukee, has a listing of restaurants accessible by boats.

Here it is:

http://bizer.com/w2eat.htm

Phantom 06-23-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airedale1 (Post 247304)
For lunch or dinner The Lyons Den in Gilford is a great dock and dine destination. Very good food and service.

Dinner reservations HIGHLY recommended (even weekdays) during season.

But a definite must !!

Major 06-23-2015 01:57 PM

Our Favorites

Here's a list of our favorites, in no particular order:
Local Eatery (Laconia)
O's Seafood & Steak (Lakeport and Concord)
Squam Lake Inn (Holderness)
Canoe (Center Harbor)
Lavinia's (Center Harbor)
Mise En Place (Wolfeboro)
Tavern 27 (Laconia)

When we are looking for good food at a good price, we go to:
Brickfront (Laconia)
Christmas Island Steakhouse (Laconia)
Phu Jee's (Meredith)
Cactus Jack's/T-Bone's (Laconia)
El Jimadore (Belmont)
Schuster's Tavern (Gilford)

Good luck!

znh 06-23-2015 02:13 PM

Shibley's in Alton is also a good place that can be reached by boat. If you go get the calamari, it is fantastic...

GBGX2 06-23-2015 04:38 PM

Our "Two Cents"!

We think you have to include Ellacoya Bar and Grille in Gilford (not on the water) and Dockside Restaurant in Alton Bay, as well as Nolan's in Wolfeboro! Second on the Lyons Den. For local entertainment & really good Chinese food, you can't beat JP China in Alton Bay. None of the above are expensive or "fancy" but they provide great food and very friendly "local" service and with the exception of Ellacoya are accessible by boat. We appreciate that very much, you will be welcome at any of these great spots!

Misha888 06-23-2015 10:22 PM

Are they . . .

serving fresh fish again? Last year I took a high level client there. Recommended the fish and it was frozen fish. I've been going their for years, and it's been steadily declining. Haven't been back since and we're right around the corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 247313)
Dinner reservations HIGHLY recommended (even weekdays) during season.

But a definite must !!

Patiently Watching 06-24-2015 07:12 PM

Tough area for foodies

Donzi Minx 06-25-2015 05:40 AM

New to forum

Ron,

Could not help but notice your last name, are you any relation to Betty?

Ronfrohock 06-26-2015 02:08 PM

Wow, Thanks for all of the replies.

We will be at Pumpkin Point near Alton.
Were really excited to be going up there for the week.
I'm looking forward to kicking back and enjoying the lake and some great food.

And yes, my grandmother was Betty. Why do you ask?

gillygirl 06-26-2015 04:33 PM

You must know where to go for breakfast.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Donzi Minx 06-27-2015 09:52 AM

New to forum

Ron, all I can say to you is Betty Frohock was the kindest, most diligent, honest
salt of the earth women I have ever met. Her spot on route 11 was close proximity to my uncle's property in West Alton, and as you probably know she was property caretaker for a lot of non resident folks in that area, including my uncle's property. I speak for myself as it seemed as though I was the only member in my family who took responsibility and cared for the "cottage", but Betty whose daily checks at the property alerted me to all sorts of potential disasters before they occurred. Her mobility on her bike always amazed me, she in short was just a wonderful human being to me, an so helpful to my family. I lost touch with her after her husband died, and my uncle's trophy wife auctioned off paradise. Again it is truly a small world.

Ronfrohock 06-28-2015 09:21 AM

Donzi,
I wish I had known the Betty Frohock that you speak of.
My grandmother, Betty Frohock was born in and lived in Worcester MA her whole life.
Your Betty sounds like a wonderful person.

The Frohock clan hasn't kept touch with out history but I'm told that we were / related with some Frohocks from the lakes area. I understand there is a street named Frohock in Alton. I'm hoping to look around a bit while we are up there next week.

I don't know what the reference is to a breakfast place made above and would appreciate more information on this.

I'm very excited to have the opportunity to visit and experience your wonderful slice of paradise during the July fourth week and I appreciate the generous amount of recomendtions found above. I think we going to find that Winnipesaukee is a wonderful place to visit with wonderful people.

gillygirl 06-28-2015 02:18 PM

The Betty Frohock in Alton used to cook at Ames Farm Inn, a great spot for breakfast just over the line in Gilford.

Ronfrohock 06-28-2015 07:12 PM

Thanks for the info. We will plan on going there for breakfast one day.

Mr. V 06-28-2015 09:09 PM

Speaking of breakfast and Ames Farm, any updates on breakfast at its nearby competitor, The Owl's Nest?

Donzi Minx 06-29-2015 07:10 AM

New to the forum

Ron,

I apologize. Mistaken identity. I hope you enjoy your stay in the lakes region, as you have found on the forum, it is truly a blessed place to be.