Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Winnipesaukee BayGulls moving! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17633)

patman 06-02-2014 11:06 AM

Winnipesaukee BayGulls moving!

Aaak! Couldn't get a bagel fix!

We drove by Sunday morning to grab a bagel on the way to do some errands only to discover that they are in the process of moving and are closed for a week. They have been in the building across from the road to the Center Harbor boat launch for years. Their sign has appeared up the road a bit in the building where Lee Wah is. I think that's where Kevin's Cafe used to be.

It's not a big deal to drive into a different parking lot, but it seems like they're going to lose a lot of foot traffic from boaters. I noticed that the real estate office that was next door to them in the old location has been vacant for a while, and now the bagel place is moving out. Maybe the building owner has big plans for something else there? It's a good location due to the proximity of the docks, guess we'll have to wait and see what happens...

donnamatrix 06-02-2014 12:16 PM

Bay Gulls Move

the owner of the building in Center Harbor would not renew the lease for Bay Gulls ... so they had no choice but to move up the road. It certainly will be a longer walk for boat traffic but hopefully, with the emergence of CruCon as a major business entity, Bay Gulls will do well. Their products are good and price is right. Very nice folks.

LIforrelaxin 06-02-2014 12:31 PM

As a Boater that frequents BayGulls, I must say this is a disturbing turn of events. Walking up to the shopping plaza where Kevin's Cafe used to be is a bit much just for a morning bagel.... And why with Sam and Rosie's gone, BayGulls had become the main stay, morning boat destination while at the lake.

That is not to say, that I won't stop in on occasion when I am forced to run errands by car in the morning... But it will definitely effect the number of times I visit them in their new location.

Bumble2249 06-02-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamatrix (Post 225938)
the owner of the building in Center Harbor would not renew the lease for Bay Gulls ... so they had no choice but to move up the road. It certainly will be a longer walk for boat traffic but hopefully, with the emergence of CruCon as a major business entity, Bay Gulls will do well. Their products are good and price is right. Very nice folks.

Yeah real nice landlord!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Gourmand 06-02-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumble2249 (Post 225953)
Yeah real nice landlord!

I too will miss going there by boat, but without more information I feel that the disparaging remark about the landlord is a bit out of line.

WINNOCTURN 06-02-2014 04:34 PM

Bagel kart???

They do a HOT DOG Kart during the Summer between the docks and the beach. Maybe they could add a Bagel Kart in the morning? :liplick::liplick::liplick:

AKADQ 06-02-2014 08:26 PM

Something lost & something gained

A very reliable source said the landlord did not renew the lease because the landlords son and a friend are opening a bakery. With that being said, this same source said the bagel shop has new owners when they reopen at the new location...

michelemybell 06-03-2014 07:30 AM

Good Luck to them. That whole plaza where Kevin's cafe is was a total waste.
The Chinese restaurant has been for sale for years with no buyers

The cruise place did not bring in any traffic when it was next door

I wish them well.

Bumble2249 06-03-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand (Post 225955)
I too will miss going there by boat, but without more information I feel that the disparaging remark about the landlord is a bit out of line.

You might not have " more information " but I do. Thanks for the concern though.

VitaBene 06-03-2014 10:47 AM

I am not sure why there is animosity toward the landlord. Just because someone has rented space for years does not mean the lease will stay available forever. Businesses are in business to make money.

I had a feeling that something would happen with that space when Stephen's Landscaping moved out of the space adjacent to Baygulls.

I believe Baygulls will do fine- they have a good following year round.

Regarding the plaza where Baygulls is moving to; signage will be the key (I always thought Kevin's sign got lost) and I saw a big white sign being readied last night.

Miss Theresa 06-03-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand (Post 225955)

Thank you for this post because, there seems to be a lot of speculation and opinions from folks who do not know the whole story and will comment as if they do!

trashman 06-03-2014 12:53 PM

I Love Baygulls

I look forward to going to Baygull's new location although the old one was so quaint. But, I love the delicious freshly made bagels and real egg sandwiches off the griddle. Who knows, maybe the new owners will even make some improvements (smoothies?).

wadden 06-05-2014 11:59 AM

When will Bay Gulls open in the new location?

patman 06-05-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadden (Post 226236)
When will Bay Gulls open in the new location?

I'm not positive I'm remembering correctly, but I think the sign in the window said they'd be open in the new location on 6/6, which is tomorow.

wifi 06-06-2014 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelemybell (Post 226008)
Good Luck to them. That whole plaza where Kevin's cafe is was a total waste.
The Chinese restaurant has been for sale for years with no buyers

The cruise place did not bring in any traffic when it was next door

I wish them well.

That plaza started as a bakery. It did a land office business. Personal problems caused the business to close, but all the cooking utilities were in place. Good catch for Bay Gulls considering they had to move.

It also shows the area could use a good bakery, good luck to them as well.

wadden 06-06-2014 09:41 AM

Thanks, Patman. Did Bay Gulls open today?

Ania 06-15-2014 06:27 AM

Winni bay gulls

Good morning everyone,

My name is Ania. I work in the Bagel shop as a baker. The big opening will be on Tuesday, June 17 th. Please stop by that day and check the new location.

Ania

Lakemamma 06-15-2014 08:38 PM

Ania,

Will they still be having the Hot Dog stand at the beach and also delivering there bagels to the dock if you call ahead?

Ania 06-16-2014 01:39 PM

I asked today the owner about the hot dog cart. He will not open the hot dog cart this summer. The good news is that he is trying to figure out how the boat customers can pick up their orders.:liplick::liplick:

Lakemamma 06-16-2014 01:54 PM

Thank you...

We will miss seeing the hot dog stand but look forward to hearing more about still being able to get the bagels by boat... :):D

Thanks again!

Ania 06-16-2014 02:40 PM

I will keep you updated :).

Lakemamma 06-16-2014 05:20 PM

Thank you Ania! :)

pcmc 06-19-2014 08:55 PM

I'm surprised that they had to move! I loved going there from my boat. Their new location is bigger and fancier, but I will miss going by boat. Going by boat is much more fun.:(

Peter's son wrote this,
David. Age 10

Lakemamma 06-28-2014 04:40 PM

Ania,

Any word yet if delivery will be starting this summer to the docks? :)

mackifitz 07-04-2014 10:15 AM

Bagels just don't taste the same! New recipe?

WakeboardMom 07-07-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackifitz (Post 228168)
Bagels just don't taste the same! New recipe?

I had the same thought.

Wolfeboro_Baja 07-07-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKADQ (Post 225990)
A very reliable source said the landlord did not renew the lease because the landlords son and a friend are opening a bakery. With that being said, this same source said the bagel shop has new owners when they reopen at the new location...

Must be the new owners mentioned in a post back on 6/2?

Ania 07-07-2014 07:39 PM

My dear forum friends,

Please, excuse my late posting. I was on vacation in Portugal.
Coming back to your questions. I have not heard anything new about the bagel dock delivery.
When it comes to the recipe, it is still the same. Nothing has changed,I bake bagels almost every morning. The new oven gives a bit different texture to the bagels.

Ania

LakeWinniMom 07-08-2014 08:36 AM

How about the Cream Cheese? I always get the same bagel, but this past weekend the Sun Dried Tomato Cream Cheese was lacking both garlic and tomato - much less flavor than before.

WakeboardMom 07-08-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ania (Post 228346)
My dear forum friends,

Please, excuse my late posting. I was on vacation in Portugal.
Coming back to your questions. I have not heard anything new about the bagel dock delivery.
When it comes to the recipe, it is still the same. Nothing has changed,I bake bagels almost every morning. The new oven gives a bit different texture to the bagels.

Ania

Thank you for your reply.

"I bake bagels almost every morning." On the mornings that you don't bake, do you serve day-old bagels?

Ania 07-08-2014 04:07 PM

When I do not bake, the owner bakes and there is also another girl,Ashley. We do not serve old bagels. I get up 3,15 am and start baking from quarter to 4 am.

Lakemama I am so sorry to hear that. I do not know how it have happened. I am truly sorry.

kayleigh 07-08-2014 06:56 PM

I went to winnipesaukee bagels this afternoon for lunch I will say everything was wonderful. They have moved 2 the building where lee what is it. I had a grilled chicken on an everything bagel with cheese bacon lettuce tomato and my boyfriend had chicken salad on an asiago bagel. It wasn't very busy we were the only customers for a little bit and then a woman came in in order to a few bagels to go and I would say three people came in to order lunch. Like I said before the lunch was amazing however, it did take a very long time to get our sandwiches. When I say very long time I mean 25 minutes. And then my bagel came without mayonnaise and I stood at the window approximately 2 minutes waiting for someone to come. I think that it was another 2 minutes approximately for the boy 2 find the mayonnaise and put it in a container. In my opinion portioning the sauces could maybe be done as side work and possibly Park cooking the chicken so it would take half the time to finish cooking. But that in no means says I had a bad experience I thought that the two kids working today were very pleasant very hospitable hard workers and did a very good job. My gripe is not with them more just a suggestion to management. All in all great experience I can't wait to go back and hopefully the long wait time is just because they are finding their niche in a new building.

wifi 07-08-2014 07:28 PM

Its new management, new location, new setup, so its bound to be a different.

What I found confusing was the layout. There is a clearly labeled "IN" window and a likewise labeled "OUT" window, but the cash register
counter mostly blocked the OUT. So I went to the "IN" but all the employees were hanging by the OUT and the cash register.

Sometimes the employee doing the bagel would hand it to the cashier, sometimes they would ring it up.... all VERY confusing. My order was taken at the OUT window and rang up by some third person that I had to wait for to show up from the back.

So maybe a gentle suggestion would be to have it obvious where to order(and have staff there), and where to pickup, and the behind the scenes, like the register, should be in the back, behind the wall. I, as a customer, want to order, get my stuff and leave, not look or wait on the intermediate mechanisms.

I'm sure it will all work out.

kayleigh 07-08-2014 07:32 PM

Wifi I do agree with you that the windows were a bit confusing. Once again I think all just little kinks that will be worked out as time goes on in their new building

WakeboardMom 08-04-2014 10:23 AM

We've had delicious bagels from here several times over the past few weeks. Great job!