Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Alton Car Show (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29046)

Slickcraft 08-20-2023 11:35 AM

Alton Car Show

1 Attachment(s)
Ongoing today until 3 PM, village center.. About 130 registered cars/trucks. My vote was for the 1927 Bugatti.

Alan

Major 08-21-2023 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My dad was there trying to sell his 1976 Corvette. He said it was a fun car show.

Slickcraft 08-21-2023 02:19 PM

I did see the white 76 Corvette. I do prefer the form of that vintage over that of the current Corvettes.

Alan

Rinkerguy 08-21-2023 03:26 PM

Thought it was a really neat car show, just wish they chose a larger spot in town, to spread out the cars, maybe have a few more vendors there, allow for more parking and to lower the traffic in the Alton Center

ApS 08-21-2023 05:36 PM

School of Art...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 386982)
I did see the white 76 Corvette. I do prefer the form of that vintage over that of the current Corvettes.
Alan

Car & Driver magazine referred to the design as from the Art School of Hugh Herfner. :D

BroadHopper 08-22-2023 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rinkerguy (Post 386984)
Thought it was a really neat car show, just wish they chose a larger spot in town, to spread out the cars, maybe have a few more vendors there, allow for more parking and to lower the traffic in the Alton Center

Supporting local businesses is the whole idea behind the car show. I do agree with you as I have seen several beautiful cars cruising around and not showing. If local business is not the case, the high school will be an excellent place.

Funny people complained about parking. I found plenty of parking behind the gym. Perhaps next year they should increase parking signage.

NIOMARVIN83 04-16-2024 08:59 AM

Hey everyone,

Great to see all the excitement around the Alton Car Show! Alan, a 1927 Bugatti sounds amazing. Major, hope your dad had luck with his 1976 Corvette. It's cool to hear different opinions on the vintage versus modern styles.

Rinkerguy, totally agree about needing more space. A bigger venue could really improve the experience by reducing crowding and traffic.

Also, loved the humorous note about the "Art School of Hugh Hefner" style from Car & Driver magazine. Adds a fun twist to discussing car designs!

Can't wait to hear more from you all!

Cheers,

Mr. V 04-16-2024 11:05 AM

On a somewhat related note: are there any regular "Cars 'n Coffee" type get-togethers for gear heads in the Lakes Region, and if not there, perhaps further south?

chachee52 04-16-2024 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 392710)
On a somewhat related note: are there any regular "Cars 'n Coffee" type get-togethers for gear heads in the Lakes Region, and if not there, perhaps further south?

Look for a Whips Wheels paper, usually first printing comes out around Memorial Day. It lists all the car shows weekly and special shows around MA and NH.

bushwack1 04-16-2024 09:28 PM

Coffee & Cars

Quote:

This one quite bit further south, if they still hold it. When my Dad was living he used to go to a C & C' in Bernardston Mass. ( it was his Snow Bird Summer Roost) The Get together was at Kringle Candles. I do not know if they still hold them it's been a few years. If you have a good 'driver' it's a great drive from this area

webmaster 04-16-2024 10:02 PM

Quote:

Forum member WeirsBeachBoater used to hold them and post about them here starting in 2015. I'm not sure if he still does. He hasn't logged in here in a few years.

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...d.php?p=280801

BroadHopper 04-17-2024 06:45 AM

Quote:

Finn's Garage in Meredith used to have one. I tried to initiate one last year but could not find enough people to keep it going. If I can get enough interest I can continue this year. I have a great location, which happens to be at Autopac Gallery.

Is there enough interest in the Winnipesaukee Forum? Let me know!

Envision a Winni Forum, cars and coffee bimonthly. If I can find a water location we can have a cars/boats and coffee!

tis 04-17-2024 07:29 AM

I think Weirs Beach Boater and the owner of Finn's Garage are the same. Is that wrong?

ishoot308 04-17-2024 07:46 AM

Autopac

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 392718)
I have a great location, which happens to be at Autopac Gallery.

Is there enough interest in the Winnipesaukee Forum? Let me know!

Envision a Winni Forum, cars and coffee bimonthly. If I can find a water location we can have a cars/boats and coffee!

Autopac would be a fantastic place to have this event! What a hidden treasure that place is! Awesome place to visit!!

Dan

Biggd 04-17-2024 07:56 AM

Newington mall has a very large one, so I've been told. I haven't been to it but I'm told there is usually about 1000 cars.

TiltonBB 04-17-2024 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 392721)
I think Weirs Beach Boater and the owner of Finn's Garage are the same. Is that wrong?

Yes, same person. Nice guy.