Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Final Boat Ride (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18280)

Donzi Minx 09-22-2014 02:28 PM

Final Boat Ride

Although a little brisk on Friday I managed to drain all the petrol from the Minx.
Drifting around the Governor's Island bridge for lunch was absolutely serene with the crisp clear air and bright sunlight. Did not manage the last dip of the season, given the air temperature, but that gives me something to look forward to come Memorial Day weekend next spring. You who are there year round are truly blessed!
Time for the long winters nap at Dave's.

BroadHopper 09-22-2014 02:42 PM

Sunday

Yesterday was warm and humid. Although the sky was overcast, it did not rain on my parade. Gas her up in Lakeport and hit all the ports. Not a hint of chill in the air. I did stop at Braun Bay for a swim, the water is unbelievably warm! Before tying up for the day, a brief stop at the AKWA bar was nice before they closed. Had dinner at the NAZ and head home.

I was amazed there a good number of boaters out there. There was a slight chop on the Broads but the boat loves it!

I am now ready for fall. I enjoy the crisp fall cruises around the lake to take in the foliage. A nice hike up Rattlesnake Island completes the season. :cheers:

drwamcross 09-22-2014 03:54 PM

Rattlesnake Island

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 233746)
I am now ready for fall. I enjoy the crisp fall cruises around the lake to take in the foliage. A nice hike up Rattlesnake Island completes the season. :cheers:

Broadhopper,

Is there any place to dock at Rattlesnake for a hike or do you have a place there?

VitaBene 09-22-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Yesterday was warm and humid. Although the sky was overcast, it did not rain on my parade. Gas her up in Lakeport and hit all the ports. Not a hint of chill in the air. I did stop at Braun Bay for a swim, the water is unbelievably warm! Before tying up for the day, a brief stop at the AKWA bar was nice before they closed. Had dinner at the NAZ and head home.

I was amazed there a good number of boaters out there. There was a slight chop on the Broads but the boat loves it!

Wish I had known, I was out and about yesterday from 830AM til 1PM! It was real nice.

caloway 09-22-2014 09:54 PM

It's looking nice all week

I'm looking to put a few more days in before I call it quits.

Also thinking about joining a friend on a mid-October pub crawl around the lake. Should be nice and chilly for the DD. Everyone else will be toasty:)

secondcurve 09-23-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drwamcross (Post 233750)
Broadhopper,

Is there any place to dock at Rattlesnake for a hike or do you have a place there?

There is (was?) a dock on the south west side of the island but the folks on Rattlesnake don't like to speak about it because they don't want visitors. I'm not sure if it is still maintained. You can search some of the old threads on this site for more information.

ishoot308 09-23-2014 06:04 AM

The Lakes Region ConservAtion Trust had a dock on the South side of the island. A simple call to them for permission and they will allow you to use it for trail access. Not sure though if the dock has been removed for the season...

Dan

CateP 09-23-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

We were the only sail boat out there. You must have seen us!!

dave603 09-23-2014 10:07 AM

Next weekend

Forecast is saying in the 80's both Sat. and Sun.

jrc 09-23-2014 10:22 AM

don't jinx it, I need one last swim...

salty dog 09-23-2014 11:54 AM

We were up on Sunday too. Thoroughly enjoyed it (as always). Boy, coming out of Minge, I had the outdrive practically in trailer mode to avoid the mud. Just barely 3 feet in a couple of places. We got rained on and sunned on; it was great. Tied up in Meredith and had brunch at Sunshine and Pa's. Fairly open at the town docks. I had my sister up for the 1st time. We poked around Smith Cove and Sander's Bay. Went around Governor's Island to check out some of the smaller summer cottages, and Rattlesnake. My sister noticed the sailboat in the distance (might have been CateP). Down to the bandstand and Downing's; the bay was as smooth as a pond. Can't remember a time this summer when I haven't seen any other boats in the bay! Back to Minge to end a great afternoon. We'll be back on Sunday. Looks great and I can't wait.

AC2717 09-23-2014 12:41 PM

Final 2104 ride will be Thursday, to the marina to put her up on the shelf for a long winters nap. Not looking forward to it, but soo busy at home, have to take a day off from work just to do this

BroadHopper 09-23-2014 02:14 PM

The coming weekend.

It looks extremely promising! Unfortunately I volunteer for the WOW fest Saturday so may be able to head out for a sunset cruise. :cool:
As for Sunday, I am still waiting for grandbaby #5. She decided to become a fall baby and a Libra like her mom! :D

Greene's Basin Girl 09-23-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 233799)
It looks extremely promising! Unfortunately I volunteer for the WOW fest Saturday so may be able to head out for a sunset cruise. :cool:
As for Sunday, I am still waiting for grandbaby #5. She decided to become a fall baby and a Libra like her mom! :D

Congratulations on your upcoming grand Baby!

RumGuy 09-23-2014 06:15 PM

ride

We went out in the boat Sunday evening and the Lake was beautiful. Then I took the JetSki out Monday and rinsed it off. It was rougher than I expected (and colder too). I still have a few weeks of boating weather left!