Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   May 2 MP old patrol boat auction (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9724)

fatlazyless 04-16-2010 12:55 PM

May 2 MP old patrol boat auction

Attention: all boaters - worldwide - from sea to shining sea.....a very important announcement just for you! If you want to buy an old Marine Patrol police boat, then this auction is for you!

The New Hampshire Marine Patrol will be holding a May 2 auction with eight of their older, 1989, 1991, 1993, 24' Performer fiberglass/inboard boats up for sale, plus a very powerfull 41' former Coast Guard UTB powered by twin Cummins diesel engines. Wow, just imagine the possibilities!

BroadHopper 04-16-2010 03:14 PM

can't find the website.

Where fif you find it?

jmen24 04-16-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 124693)
Where fif you find it?

it is listed in the classified section of this site under Boats for sale.

ApS 04-17-2010 07:16 AM

The Wake is a Hazard...

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 124686)
"...plus a very powerfull 41' former Coast Guard UTB powered by twin Cummins diesel engines..."

Any guesses why NHMP bought this boat? :confused:

fatlazyless 04-18-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acres per Second (Post 124729)
Any guesses why NHMP bought this boat? :confused:

If I remember correctly, it was a one dollar government surplus bargain deal, available to local government agencies, and hey, everybody loves a bargain boat deal whether they need that boat or not. Believe me....I know about that!

Wonder what UTB stands for....could it be Utility Tow Boat...as it has two very big 903 diesels for a 41' er?

The Meredith Police got something like a 22' former Coast Guard, Boston Whaler, without an outboard engine, for one dollar. After installing a new Mercury 225 Optimax about ten years ago, it seems to be a very functional boat.

Airwaves 04-18-2010 11:31 AM

UTB stands for Utility Boat. The 41' UTB was the workhorse of the Coast Guard for years.

tis 04-18-2010 04:35 PM

So does this mean we can expect to see some new MP boats out there this summer?

LIforrelaxin 04-19-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 124822)
So does this mean we can expect to see some new MP boats out there this summer?

If we can expect to see new MP boats they have already been purchased. Having said that depending on funding this year, they may not have enough people to fill all the boats. Looking at the boats they are auctioning away. There are all old and ready to be shipped off to lighter duty.

My guess would be that these are being sold to make room for new boats in the future. However this year the money generated from the auction will more then likely be going to maintain the rest of the fleet.

rider 04-19-2010 09:44 PM

here is the link:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...?do=ad&id=1829

jrc 04-20-2010 08:11 AM

What's the beam on that UTB? Will it fit in my 12 foot wide slip?

I wonder why they are selling it? Diesels are supposed to last forever, and use less fuel.

codeman671 04-20-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrc (Post 124959)

I wonder why they are selling it? Diesels are supposed to last forever, and use less fuel.

They have the silver one as well, a much newer looking boat. This one hardly ever leaves the dock. I can't imagine the need for both.

Seeker 04-20-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrc (Post 124959)

Not quite, it's 13' 5" wide and draws 4' 1"

lifeonthefarm 04-23-2010 07:44 AM

the "silver one" is used primarily on the coast during the winter.

fatlazyless 05-01-2010 07:18 AM

Heard thru the bilge that British Petroleum is interested in the UTB for towing their Louisiana oil spill all the way back to Nigeria to lower their clean-up expense. Lots-o-luck to anyone bidding against BP...

Noticed the marine patrol hull lettering has been painted over white.

Airwaves 05-04-2010 01:09 PM

Who has the UTB?

Any update on how many of the boats sold and selling prices?

fatlazyless 05-10-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airwaves (Post 126229)
Any update on how many of the boats sold and selling prices?

I have no answers....I don't know....but if that UTB patrol boat is still tied up to the dock then it is probably still here.

Say, did you hear how the Boston Police Dept had their $250,000 high-speed, patrol boat come untied from its' dock during an overnight storm and suffer about $75,000 worth of damage to its engine outdrives or something, smack'n up against a Boston Harbor bridge support repeatedly for an hour or more. This happened about two or three months ago, and a few of the police officers got disciplined with tranfers to different positions for not properly securing their boat to the dock.

Now, if only the New Hampshire Marine Patrol could sell their Coast Guard UTB to the Boston Police, then New Hampshire could probably get a big fat selling price!

As to be expected, the Boston Police patrolman's union representative was adamant in insisting that the wayward boat, slipping its' dock mooring unnoticed for hours in the wee hours of the night was an Act of God having occurred during a huge ocean storm and how the officers should be commended for retriev'n the battered boat in the dark of night and unfriendly seas........amen, brother!....we'll all raise a glass and drink to that one. .......;)

Said one Boston cop to another....."hey Frankie....where's the boat?"

lakershaker 05-10-2010 09:09 AM

Off by a few zeros...

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 126735)
Say, did you hear how the Boston Police Dept had their $750,000 high-speed, patrol boat come untied from its' dock during an overnight storm and suffer about $250,000 worth of damage to its engine outdrives or something, smack'n up against a Boston Harbor bridge support repeatedly for an hour or more. This happened about two or three months ago, and a few of the police officers got disciplined with tranfers to different positions for not properly securing their boat to the dock.

From the Boston Globe:

But it was not exactly slicing through the water when city officers found it drifting underneath the Summer Street bridge last month, clanging against the supports, according to a police report. The $250,000 boat sustained $75,000 worth of damage to the port side and both engines.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ced_in_harbor/

Airwaves 05-10-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

As to be expected, the Boston Police patrolman's union representative was adamant in insisting that the wayward boat, slipping its' dock mooring unnoticed for hours in the wee hours of the night was an Act of God having occurred during a huge ocean storm and how the officers should be commended for retriev'n the battered boat in the dark of night and unfriendly seas........amen, brother!....we'll all raise a glass and drink to that one. .......

Said one Boston cop to another....."hey Frankie....where's the boat?"
the police union was complaining about the lack of supervisory staff on during that shift, not defending the cops that eventually lost their assignments with the marine unit.

Quote:

Say, did you hear how the Boston Police Dept had their $750,000 high-speed, patrol boat come untied from its' dock during an overnight storm and suffer about $250,000 worth of damage

Globe article:

Quote:

The $250,000 boat sustained $75,000 worth of damage to the port side and both engines.
FLL were you a cost accountant for the Big Dig? :laugh:

SIKSUKR 05-10-2010 01:58 PM

Yup, FLL never lets facts get in the way of a good story.:laugh: I will say that the ratio of cost to damage is close enough. You got to love how the union used this incident to ask for more supervisors. How about the ones on duty doing their job?

meredith weekender 05-11-2010 03:33 PM

Anyone have any info on what the boats sold for ?????????????:confused:

LIforrelaxin 05-11-2010 11:44 PM

Interesting story about the Boston police boat. Especially where it has boat lift that it is supposed to be stored on.