Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Insurance Policy Recommendations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9091)

Hermit Cover 12-31-2009 03:08 PM

Insurance Policy Recommendations

I am looking for a new fire / homeowner's policy and wonder what the Forum thinks. The home is a waterfront...Winnipesaukee...new home. Any strong Recommendations?? There could probably be multiple cars, boats, and umbrella policy tie-ins if economical.

trfour 01-01-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit Cover (Post 115281)
I am looking for a new fire / homeowner's policy and wonder what the Forum thinks. The home is a waterfront...Winnipesaukee...new home. Any strong Recommendations?? There could probably be multiple cars, boats, and umbrella policy tie-ins if economical.

Allstate always treated me pretty good, get a quote! :)

Lucky2Bhere 01-01-2010 08:53 PM

Call Ellen at Melcher-Prescott Insurance in Meredith. She's the best agent we've ever had...anywhere. They handle everything for us with very personal service.

phoenix 01-02-2010 10:40 AM

we use Cross( use to be Horne) in Meredith for home, car and boat.

Little Bear 01-02-2010 10:51 AM

I have a product from Met Life called "Grand Protect". It combines my homes, cars, boats, snowmobile and Umbrella all into one policy. Aside from the fact that it made things simple, by combining these separate policies into this one "Grand Protect" policy, I saved a ton of money. I had a claim last year and Met was excellent to deal with. I think any Met agent can write this or you can probably go direct to Met.

Irish mist 01-02-2010 12:25 PM

Modern Woodman out of Gilford. David Pereria is a thoughtful, intelligent agent. Melcher-Prescott is solid.

T.H.E. Binz 01-03-2010 10:52 AM

Cambridge Mutual

I've had Cambridge Mutual (through Noyes in Plymouth/Meredith) for ten years. The one claim that I've had was handled quickly and to my satisfaction.

tis 01-03-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bear (Post 115361)
I have a product from Met Life called "Grand Protect". It combines my homes, cars, boats, snowmobile and Umbrella all into one policy. Aside from the fact that it made things simple, by combining these separate policies into this one "Grand Protect" policy, I saved a ton of money. I had a claim last year and Met was excellent to deal with. I think any Met agent can write this or you can probably go direct to Met.

I absolutely love the idea of a policy like that. I have been thinking if I could get one life would be so much easier. Do you know if they have a limit on how many things they will cover? I wish I had known about that a couple of months ago. I just switched my homeowner's which was $4100. to Safeco which is a little more than half that. Much as you hate to do it, you really do have to check out your insurance every one in a while to see if it is competitive.

fpartri497 01-03-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 115420)
I absolutely love the idea of a policy like that. I have been thinking if I could get one life would be so much easier. Do you know if they have a limit on how many things they will cover? I wish I had known about that a couple of months ago. I just switched my homeowner's which was $4100. to Safeco which is a little more than half that. Much as you hate to do it, you really do have to check out your insurance every one in a while to see if it is competitive.

$4100.00 for homeowners Insurance?? Do you own a multiple Million dollar home?

:cool:

BroadHopper 01-03-2010 05:04 PM

Hartford Insurance

I had MetLife for years and they never told me about the 'Grand Protect'. I had a multivehicle discount, multipolicy discount as well as a corporate discount because I worked for Lockheed. They were very good with claims. Whenever I find a cheaper policy elsewhere, they would rewrite the policies to meet or exceed. I.E. they will not let you be aware of any new changes that may effect your premiums.

When I lost my job, I lost my discount and shop around. I switch to AARP/Hartford as they were the least expensive of all insurance companies I investigated. Metlife tried to do the match game, but decide to stay with Hartford because metLife have not been 'honest' about their pricing.

Little Bear 01-04-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 115420)

I'm not sure if they limit how many things they'll cover. I'd refer you to the agent I used, but he had a falling out with Met a couple of years ago and no longer has the Met line. I deal directly with Met now.

acanthus 01-05-2010 04:27 PM

Ins.

You can't go wrong insuring through Maine Mutual. Highly recommend finding an agent that offers Maine Mutual Ins. Presque Isle, Maine.
I have used this company since 1968, and have had to submit various claims since, (including a fire at rental property I owned) always satisfied with results.
In 40+ years, no company has been able to compete with the rates.
Spence & Matthews Ins. Co. in Rochester, and Berwick, Me. are agents that offer Maine Mutual.

bigdog 01-06-2010 08:08 AM

Insurance Policy Recommendations ?

Can anyone give me feedback on 'Paige Insurance Agency' ?

I believe they're located in Pittsfield NH?

Thanks,
Bigdog

Hughie 03-04-2010 10:12 PM

Second Home Insurance Coverage

Second Home Insurance coverage market is huge in the Lakes Region. I have never had a claim, but every two years the carrier wants to drop the policy. Is there a fault line running through the region? I was wondering what's up with insurance carriers and second home market in the lakes region.

bigdog 03-04-2010 10:23 PM

Insurance Policy Recommendations

I just purchased Homeowner insurance from Allstate in Gilford.

The folks there treated me like I was a family, very professional, and provided only the insurance I needed at a very reasonale price. They didn't try to sell me additional coverage I really didn't need based upon my needs.

I shopped around, and they seemed to be the most competitive !

Very satisfied with the experience. Of course the true measure of any insurance policy is when you make that first claim !

BD

Belmont Resident 03-11-2010 07:25 PM

I had problems with Melcher & Prescott

I used them for my business policy and had mega problems with the provider they hooked me up with and zero customer service support from them.
I'm now in the process of looking for a new provider.
My wife compares rates every year for all of our personal policies, home, auto, boat, atv, snowmobile and she has never gone with Melcher & Prescott because their rates are always significantly higher than anyone else.
Remember they are not a provider just a middle man. They make money by doing the leg work for you and hooking you up with the actual provider.
Bottom line if you have the time to shop around yourself you will do much better then having an agency do the work for you.

Water Camper 03-13-2010 12:43 PM

Very Happy with MMG Insurance

Quote:

Originally Posted by acanthus (Post 115645)
You can't go wrong insuring through Maine Mutual. Highly recommend finding an agent that offers Maine Mutual Ins. Presque Isle, Maine.
I have used this company since 1968, and have had to submit various claims since, (including a fire at rental property I owned) always satisfied with results.
In 40+ years, no company has been able to compete with the rates.
Spence & Matthews Ins. Co. in Rochester, and Berwick, Me. are agents that offer Maine Mutual.

I'm also very Pleased with MMG Insurance. Have had it on our properties for over 10 years, justed added vehicles and an umbrella policy. Used Heather Anderson out of Weizorek Insurance, Manchester, NH.

Worth Checking,
Bill