Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Metrocast TV alternatives (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15944)

Sunbeam lodge 06-17-2013 02:19 PM

Metrocast TV alternatives

I was surprised that we did not get the Bruins playoffs and found out you need to rent a special modem and then call in for the game.
I spend $72 monthly and the TV programs are lousy or reruns of Alaska. Are there any good alternatives to Metrocast in the lakes area. I don't want to go Dish

Happy Gourmand 06-17-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge (Post 205900)
I was surprised that we did not get the Bruins playoffs and found out you need to rent a special modem and then call in for the game.
I spend $72 monthly and the TV programs are lousy or reruns of Alaska. Are there any good alternatives to Metrocast in the lakes area. I don't want to go Dish

I too was pretty upset that I couldn't watch the game on Saturday night. Hard to imagine that the NHL didn't broadcast this on national TV on one of the major networks. We send Metrocast too much $$$ every month to use the cable only on weekends. I have some neighbors in Meredith who actually went back home on Saturday because they couldn't get the game with their cable plan.

BroadHopper 06-17-2013 03:14 PM

Metrocast

I have extended cable with NO cable box. You need to find the equivalent digital channels, make a list and your good to go!

No need to get HD service and all that expensive crap.

AC2717 06-17-2013 03:15 PM

I have dish network with almost every station under the sun and I did not get it last night either, I am pissed, they wanted like another $30 a month for that

wifi 06-17-2013 05:09 PM

Time Warner didn't have it either. Don't know if its blacked out in the area. Friends with Dish DID have it.

PaugusBayFireFighter 06-17-2013 05:32 PM

I have DIRECT TV mainly because Metrocast is terrible and the only game in town. I'm happy with the service. My sister just got connected and is paying ~$60. and that includes NBCSN which has the Stanley Cup Playoffs. She is able to disconnect in the fall and reconnect in the spring.

upthesaukee 06-17-2013 06:14 PM

Your anger is misplaced!!!

The NBC network won the rights to broadcast the NHL Stanley cup playoffs. It is THEIR decision to broadcast it on a channel (NBC Sports network) that is a premium channel.

There are still a great deal of people who do not have cable or a satellite system for their TV. They still have the antennas on their roof. They are cut out of any game that was not on a standard NBC station. They would not receive programming from MSNBC or their sports network.

The NBC Sports Network is not normal lineup channel for almost all carriers. It is almost always a premium channel that is in the upper echelon of premium channels. To get it, and others like it, you have to have all the underlying packages. Not cheap.

Sooooooo, the blame is not Metrocast, Dish, DirectTV, TWC....nope it the same Network Conglomerate, NBC who has messed up the Weather channel and others under their corporate umbrella. But that is a different thread in a different forum.

Bottom line, direct your attention to NBC.

ishoot308 06-17-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 205907)
I have dish network with almost every station under the sun and I did not get it last night either, I am pissed, they wanted like another $30 a month for that

Hmmm... I have Dish and I had the game. Didn't pay extra either. I have the standard Americas top 250 channel line up. It's on channel 9466 NBCSP in high definition.

Dan

PENIVISA 06-17-2013 08:17 PM

I know this don't help for tonight but games 4,5,6,7 are on channel 7
The area restaurants that have T V`s love it. Spent a few games at the Bayside in Wolfeboro.
The atmosphere was awesome

Greene's Basin Girl 06-18-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifi (Post 205912)
Time Warner didn't have it either. Don't know if its blacked out in the area. Friends with Dish DID have it.

Time Warner had it on Channel 126. I watched it.

SIKSUKR 06-18-2013 07:08 AM

Ok,I'll be a little bit of a wise guy here but if you just found out that you don't get all the Bruins playoff games then you have not been watching them the last 2 series.:eek:The rest of the games are on the normal NBC network.

goldengirl 06-18-2013 04:33 PM

We spent about 70 minutes on hold waiting for a metrocast operator to assist us. They told us we had to pay $11.00 more per month to get this station and I think it comes with some other sport stations. So needless to say by the time we were able to tune in the game was well into the 2nd period. Like others have said it's not metrocasts fault it was NBC who opted to put it on their sports network sister station so they could air "Chicago Fire" and other shows that are popular. It's all about the $$$$$!

EllyPoinster 06-21-2013 04:14 PM

Morons!

How NBC could choose to air reruns on its flagship network while pushing out the hockey games to its sports network is beyond me. The only thing that's clear is why NBC is dead last in the ratings.

I have Dish but the NBC Sports Network channel was "Not Authorized". I did see the games though through my Comcast Xfinity subscription at home which allowed me to pull it in over the internet and then by HDMI cable from my laptop to the TV. I love it when a plan comes together.