Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Disfunction Junction (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14184)

redsoxer 06-07-2012 08:18 AM

Disfunction Junction

How is everyone liking Disfunction Junction in the Weirs now? Why couldn't they have left it similar to the way it was until they got the rotary in? If someone is turning left either way (from 11B or from the bridge), they are going to hold up a lot of traffic!

jetlag100 06-07-2012 01:29 PM

Probably wouldn't be so bad, if people used their directionals, but , I'm wondering if this setup has to do with the water run off next to the bridge. Every year,or so, I've noticed, that work has been done between the bridge and the mini golf course....anyone?

AC2717 06-07-2012 02:24 PM

I like the way it is now, why can't they just leave it that way instead of a rotary. Right of ways are clearly identifiable and it looks neat. They could even put the planters in where they just have marked off with paint

kauriel 06-07-2012 09:45 PM

It worked well this past weekend. I only went through a few times but everyone seemed to understand the flow of traffic!

hilltopper 06-08-2012 06:55 AM

Yup, I had no problem with the new Dysfunction Junction a couple of weeks ago.

Altonbayicefishingfool 06-08-2012 11:15 AM

I drive through there every day... I can say I am less than impressed... Kinda like the mess they made with the Alton traffic circle... If its not broke don't fix it!

AC2717 06-08-2012 11:47 AM

aren't they going to eventually make it a rotary, I would love for it to stay the same way it is right now, but beautify it. No need for a rotary

Steveo 06-08-2012 11:53 AM

What mess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altonbayicefishingfool (Post 183590)
I drive through there every day... I can say I am less than impressed... Kinda like the mess they made with the Alton traffic circle... If its not broke don't fix it!

I for one think they did a great job with the Alton traffic circle. Low budget, minimal disruption and worked well with what they had.

Rattlesnake Gal 06-09-2012 05:35 AM

I Agree!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveo (Post 183592)
I for one think they did a great job with the Alton traffic circle. Low budget, minimal disruption and worked well with what they had.

I like the Alton traffic circle much better with the yeild signs properly placed for those coming in. It was quite dangerous before during tourist season. I also like that they spent less than they were going to.

When we went through The Weirs a couple of weeks ago, we liked the new way, but it wasn't a busy time of day. Maybe a busy time of day might change my opinion.

NH_boater 06-09-2012 06:39 AM

Agree that Alton is much better, and safer.

SAMIAM 06-09-2012 07:45 AM

I'm a big fan of traffic circles......used to be an endless wait coming off Parade rd onto rt 3 in Meredith durring the season and now you can wiggle right in.

Rattlesnake Guy 06-09-2012 06:28 PM

I like the new T direction at Weirs. Non locals seem to be much better at following the shape of the road than following the signs.

Same with Alton, if people followed the signs as if their life depended on it there would be no problem. Having the road shape and signs agree increases our chances of not getting hit or waiting for someone who does not understand they should be hitting the gas and not the brake.

After driving in England for many months, I love rotaries when people know how to use them. They could save the US a huge amount of energy and time if we all learned to drive on them correctly and could trust the folks coming in.

wilcochef 06-09-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altonbayicefishingfool (Post 183590)

I drive through the Alton circle every day for work and find the new setup much better,I also drive through the weirs every day and the old way couldnt have been any worse

Happy Gourmand 06-10-2012 06:12 AM

Drove through the Weirs yesterday afternoon in very heavy traffic. It worked well, everybody seemed to know what to do and when to go. Big improvement over what was there previously.

livenh 06-13-2012 02:22 PM

disfunction junction

I think the first stage of the repairs have made a teriffic improvement already. Traffic moves much smoother. Can't wait to see the final results.

Resident 2B 06-13-2012 03:09 PM

Disfunction junction is definately much more functional. Time for a new name.

R2B

Retired Ole Guy 06-13-2012 04:49 PM

How about function junction, Gateway to the Scenic Wide Open Saloon site:eek:

Altonbayicefishingfool 06-13-2012 08:34 PM

I believe the Alton circle was funded by a govt grant?
As mentioned before there was nothing wrong with the Alton circle, the only thing that was wrong was certain out of state folks couldn't read and don't understand what the red and white triangular sign that Says "YIELD" means.....

tis 06-14-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altonbayicefishingfool (Post 184109)
I believe the Alton circle was funded by a govt grant?
As mentioned before there was nothing wrong with the Alton circle, the only thing that was wrong was certain out of state folks couldn't read and don't understand what the red and white triangular sign that Says "YIELD" means.....

I certainly didn't think there was anything wrong with it. I don't think it is any easier to figure out now.

no-engine 06-14-2012 01:46 PM

I wonder how much traffic there will be as InterLakes High School Seniors travel to their rehearsal today (Unsure of time) for tomorrow Friday 6:30pm graduation event at MeadowBrook?

We do not understand why school staff made the MeadowBrook decision; options to research are: Sandwich, a tent on ILHS field, New Hampton, Holderness or Plymouth University, etc. etc.!

Good Luck and Congratulations to the Class of 2012!