Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Wildlife (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Where are the birds, bees, chipmunks? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17426)

SAMIAM 04-29-2014 08:00 AM

Where are the birds, bees, chipmunks?

Strange....no birds nesting in our birdhouses yet. Also, have not seen a chipmunk on our road this year......, usually they are everywhere. Haven't seen any small honey bees in two years.

SteveA 04-29-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 223753)
Strange....no birds nesting in our birdhouses yet. Also, have not seen a chipmunk on our road this year......, usually they are everywhere. Haven't seen any small honey bees in two years.

I thought it was just me.. I have no chipmunks either. Lot's of gray and red squirrels, cardinals, nut hatch and blue jay. Fewer Robin than usual.

jetlag100 04-29-2014 03:10 PM

I've seen the chipmunks down off the Neck Rd....

Rusty 04-29-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlag100 (Post 223789)
I've seen the chipmunks down off the Neck Rd....

I hope they stay there and more join them. :D

jeffk 04-29-2014 08:15 PM

The same chipmunk is back in my yard from last year. A very cheeky fellow that comes up on the porch to check things out. I have seen numerous squirrels.

Also had a flock (20+) of what I think (I'm lousy at identification) are Blue - Grey Gnatcatchers in the yard. Several ducks in various places and heard the loons nearby but didn't see them yet.

Bees? Saw a wasp but no others yet. It was cold late into April and even though we had a warm spell it is back to cooler weather. It may be a bit yet. Flowers are just barely starting up. Trees are only buds.

jetlag100 05-01-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 223793)
I hope they stay there and more join them. :D

They're more than welcome at my house..I have two very long stone walls down either side of my driveway and they love living there....:coolsm:

Rusty 05-01-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlag100 (Post 223908)
They're more than welcome at my house..I have two very long stone walls down either side of my driveway and they love living there....:coolsm:

That's where you think they live. I think they are cute little fella's but they like to get into places that they aren't welcome. One time I picked up the hood of my car to check the oil and a bunch of oak nuts fell out from under the insulation in the hood.
To me they are just a decorated mouse. :D

jetlag100 05-01-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 223912)
That's where you think they live. I think they are cute little fella's but they like to get into places that they aren't welcome. One time I picked up the hood of my car to check the oil and a bunch of oak nuts fell out from under the insulation in the hood.
To me they are just a decorated mouse. :D

Oh, they must be related to the red squirrels that chewed through my sisters engine wires! $600 bucks later...............little darlins:cool:

Orion 05-02-2014 07:03 AM

damned rodents!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlag100 (Post 223926)
Oh, they must be related to the red squirrels that chewed through my sisters engine wires! $600 bucks later...............little darlins:cool:

Yep, I was wondering why I wasn't using any electricity over the winter. The little bastards ate through my dock circulator wire before ice-in! I hope the power was on when they did so!
http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/a..._wire_cut.jpeg

ApS 05-02-2014 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 223808)
The same chipmunk is back in my yard from last year. A very cheeky fellow that comes up on the porch to check things out. I have seen numerous squirrels.

Also had a flock (20+) of what I think (I'm lousy at identification) are Blue - Grey Gnatcatchers in the yard. Several ducks in various places and heard the loons nearby but didn't see them yet.

Bees? Saw a wasp but no others yet. It was cold late into April and even though we had a warm spell it is back to cooler weather. It may be a bit yet. Flowers are just barely starting up. Trees are only buds.

Cheeky is right!

I just can't go out of the house without having one peer over my shoulder.