Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Diving Winnipesaukee (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Lake Winnisquam rock garden (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14549)

oldflounder 07-26-2012 05:59 PM

Lake Winnisquam rock garden

I read in a posting awhile back that there was a decent shore dive off Ahern State Park to the left of the entry about 200' if I remember right. It was said to be a rock garden at about 30' depth with a lot of vegetation. Can anyone give me more specifics about how to get to the entry area, pinpoint the site better, etc.

oldflounder 07-27-2012 11:47 AM

I did a search and found the posting in a thread at the bottom of this diving forum. It is posting #6 in the thread "Under water rock formations at Parker Island." Can anyone give more specifics on the site?

Rattlesnake Gal 07-28-2012 07:49 AM

Parker Island

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldflounder (Post 187671)
I did a search and found the posting in a thread at the bottom of this diving forum. It is posting #6 in the thread "Under water rock formations at Parker Island." Can anyone give more specifics on the site?

Parker Island Under Water Rock Formations

I have yet to post more pictures and video.

These are found on the north western side of the island. There may be more deeper, but my pictures are not too deep. I don't dive, just snorkel, so this lake treasure can be enjoyed by many. :D

Be sure to put out a dive flag, even if snorkeling. It's the law.

ApS 07-28-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal (Post 187728)

Needed password is dunrenut. :)

Rattlesnake Gal 07-28-2012 01:31 PM

Ty

It's been so long and I forgot that a password was needed. I got in fine without one. ;)

oldflounder 08-27-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldflounder (Post 187604)
I read in a posting awhile back that there was a decent shore dive off Ahern State Park to the left of the entry about 200' if I remember right. It was said to be a rock garden at about 30' depth with a lot of vegetation. Can anyone give me more specifics about how to get to the entry area, pinpoint the site better, etc.

I did a dive out there yesterday. Awesome shallow dive. I see now why you want to keep it a secret! Me too!

oldflounder 09-06-2012 05:20 PM

Gates open

I am hoping to spend a lot of time here this winter in prep for ice diving. Does anyone know if the gates are kept open all winter during the day and if the road is kept plowed?

Winnisquamguy 09-07-2012 07:17 AM

I think it is because there is usually a good amount of bob houses over there. Also lots of sleds... thats were we come off the lake to get to the prison loop and rr tracks.

BroadHopper 03-30-2015 12:22 PM

Another Winnsquam dive spot

Snorkeling at the end of Water St. on Gail Ave side ,there's a lot of broken foundry castings from the Laconia Car Company.

It's been a long time, but I'm sure there's something to be seen.