Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lion's Den (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8962)

bigdog 11-28-2009 09:06 PM

Lion's Den

Stopped in at Lion's Den Friday afterrnon around 3pm. This was my first time at this restuarant. Don't know why I have stopped here before, big mistake on my part ! Flash back....Actually, I remember this same location back in late 60's, was know as 'Dot's Diner', something like that ?

Wife and I drove up from MA for this day, to do some property management.

Anyway, when we walked in, we were asked if we were here for lunch ?
Lunch at 3pm in the afternnon ? Hey, if they're still serving lunch at 3pm in the afternon, then I'm eating lunch, at 'lunch prices' ! :)
The owner 'Laura' waited on us herself, we were the only customers there at the time. The Bar had a few locals already starting their w/e ! :)

I ordered the baked haddock, with a side of MacN'Cheese. Wife ordered haddock, red bliss potaoes. Everything was perfect ! MacNCheese was awesome, a good choice!

We had a table by the window, with a beautiful view of Glendale docks.
Weather as you remember was pretty nasty that day, rain, raw, windy, typical Nov. weather. We saw a boat come from direction of Broads, then cut into Smith Cove. Boating in that weather, on Nov.28, now that's a SERIOUS boater !

All in all a very enjoyable lunch. We left full, at a very reasonable price.
Will defintely return again.

BTW, owner (Laura), said they have a Surf & Turf, Tue-Thur for $16.95
Check it out !

Bigdog

redc5 11-29-2009 12:49 PM

Lyon's Den

Lakewinn1 11-29-2009 09:41 PM

Great Food

[QUOTE=bigdog;113187]Stopped in at Lion's Den Friday afterrnon around 3pm. This was my first time at this restuarant. Don't know why I have stopped here before, big mistake on my part ! Flash back....Actually, I remember this same location back in late 60's, was know as 'Dot's Diner', something like that ?

Wife and I drove up from MA for this day, to do some property management.

Anyway, when we walked in, we were asked if we were here for lunch ?
Lunch at 3pm in the afternnon ? Hey, if they're still serving lunch at 3pm in the afternon, then I'm eating lunch, at 'lunch prices' ! :)
The owner 'Laura' waited on us herself, we were the only customers there at the time. The Bar had a few locals already starting their w/e ! :)

I ordered the baked haddock, with a side of MacN'Cheese. Wife ordered haddock, red bliss potaoes. Everything was perfect ! MacNCheese was awesome, a good choice!

We had a table by the window, with a beautiful view of Glendale docks.
Weather as you remember was pretty nasty that day, rain, raw, windy, typical Nov. weather. We saw a boat come from direction of Broads, then cut into Smith Cove. Boating in that weather, on Nov.28, now that's a SERIOUS boater !

All in all a very enjoyable lunch. We left full, at a very reasonable price.
Will defintely return again.

BTW, owner (Laura), said they have a Surf & Turf, Tue-Thur for $16.95
Check it out !

Ate there in July ... went by Seadoo..... Dockage is very limited... Be careful of the Gilford / Glendale Police tickets are ($50) per Seadoo.

The food was great there! Will be back next summer!;););)