Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Taipei Osaka in Gilford (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8048)

funinthesun 07-08-2009 09:08 AM

Taipei Osaka in Gilford

Has anyone tried Taipei Osaka in Gilford in the Walmart plaza? Looking for some place for dinner tonight with family and was wondering how it is? We ate there years ago under a different name and it was decent food.

Little Bear 07-08-2009 09:57 AM

Always good and always consistant. Got take out from there last night.

Mee-n-Mac 07-08-2009 11:45 AM

Taipei-Osaka was the old Peking-Tokyo

Quote:

Originally Posted by funinthesun (Post 99218)
Has anyone tried Taipei Osaka in Gilford in the Walmart plaza? Looking for some place for dinner tonight with family and was wondering how it is? We ate there years ago under a different name and it was decent food.

We were there about a month ago. I got my usual Kung Pow chicken and "Mee" got some assortment of (icky) sushi things. I thought the Kung Pow was good. She thought their special sushi dish was fantastic but their normal handroll below the standard set when they were Peking-Tokyo. The Mai Tai's were a bit below their previous standard as well. That's a bit odd in that the management change-over happened more than a year ago and the new team was allowed to keep the old P-T name for 1 year. This year the name changed but the staff hasn't (since last year). Last year we didn't notice any difference from the prior years and their food has been consistently good over many years. So perhaps they had a off sushi night or perhaps it's best to stick with the sushi specials. I can recommend them for Chinese fare.

Whimsey 07-09-2009 02:48 PM

Although the name has changed, ownership and management did not. They could only use the Peking-Tokyo name for one year after the prior sale. I go there about once a week, generally for sushi, although last night I had a party of 10 principally for Chinese. Almost always first rate. About a 5-6 weeks ago their sushi chef up and quit on them and the quick replacement was not up to the task. They have a new sushi chef now who does a nice job.:liplick:

chowda 07-10-2009 06:19 AM

I love this place! The sushi is great and everything that I've had there so far has been good. It's also nice to be able to get Korean food around here. I thought the prices were right in line with other Chinese restaurants I frequent.

belly_button_biter 01-26-2012 12:58 AM

again and again it's fine

The wife and I have popped in this place quite a few times and always left content. Try the beef skew app.

Joe the manager is hard working and friendly. Go in on an off night to have a chat. You'll enjoy it:)

Mr. V 01-26-2012 01:25 PM

We ate there two summers ago, and I felt it had slipped from what it once was.

Dirty floor, dazed wait staff, at best average food.

I hope it has improved.

FWIW, I got some good Chinese food that summer from the Chinese restaurant at Alton Bay.